Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    150

    Default Superman stories that should be collected into TPBs

    Of course, I'm referring to ones that haven't already been collected, as far as I know.

    The Brainiac Trilogy (1989)

    Identity Crisis (1996) -- NOTHING to do with that other story!

    Superboy: Black Zero (1999)

    Others?

  2. #2
    Mighty Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    The entirety of the Triangle Era that hasn’t been collected yet.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

  3. #3
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    5,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    The entirety of the Triangle Era that hasn’t been collected yet.
    Yea, this. While it's great that Batman/Robin/NW are getting more 90s collections, we're not seeing enough on the Superman front with that. I'm not even that thrilled with Exile Omnibus.

    DC cancelled the Man of Tomorrow post-Byrne collections and they need to revive that.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,087

    Default

    I believe very little of the Cir-El era comics have been collected. Some of the early issues involving her have been I believe but not the very end of the story including Superman #200 and I don't think the Supergirls Arc involving her Natasha Irons and Traci 13 have been either despite many seeing those as some of the quintessential stories involving the other 2 who still get use (World of Flashpoint even referenced that arc!).

    Same for La Encantadora's appearances. I remember them putting some of her appearances in one of those big floppy 80 Page specials as a fun treat but I don't think a hard and fast trade collection was ever put together of that arc involving her though I think the issues themselves were put into some different various trades.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, this. While it's great that Batman/Robin/NW are getting more 90s collections, we're not seeing enough on the Superman front with that. I'm not even that thrilled with Exile Omnibus.

    DC cancelled the Man of Tomorrow post-Byrne collections and they need to revive that.
    Agreed on the MoT series. The Exile omnibus is a step in the right direction, but it means little if they don’t continue doing them (I hope they do). I’d have preferred smaller, more affordable tpb’s though, ultimately (ala the Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman collections).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

  6. #6
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Anything of the Bates and Maggin era.

  7. #7
    Spectacular Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Same for La Encantadora's appearances. I remember them putting some of her appearances in one of those big floppy 80 Page specials as a fun treat but I don't think a hard and fast trade collection was ever put together of that arc involving her though I think the issues themselves were put into some different various trades.
    A La Encantadora TPB would work, particularly since Joe Kelly wrote all of her appearances. (It would include that "Superman and Wonder Woman fighting side by side for a thousand years" story which I thought was silly at the time and can barely remember now, but that's fine.)

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Adekis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Yeah, I'm agreed on the post-Crisis stuff as well- and tons of the Bronze age.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I'd like to see Greg Rucka's "Ruin" stories re-issued. Those got kind of "lost" during the Infinite Crisis crossovers but I liked them.

  10. #10
    Notorious M.O.S. Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,999

    Default

    Two trades from Supergirl in Adventure Comics. Volume one could include #381-396 features as well as Superman #414 and #415. Volume two could be massive, with 397-424.


    Adventures of Supergirl Volume Two: The Feels


    - A "Time and Time Again" re-release could include Action #515, #516, #665, and For Earth
    - A "Krimson Kryptonite" re-release could include Superman #46, Adventures #469, and Soul Search
    - Final Night: Superman could include the main series and Triangles 1996: 41-45, and the wedding.

    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Anything of the Bates and Maggin era.
    I think Superman #290-300 is a gold standard stretch that DC should absolutely put out and fans should absolutely own.

  11. #11
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Agreed on the MoT series. The Exile omnibus is a step in the right direction, but it means little if they don’t continue doing them (I hope they do). I’d have preferred smaller, more affordable tpb’s though, ultimately (ala the Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman collections).
    While I'm glad to see the post-Byrne stuff get an omnibus, I'm hoping that they will eventually (sooner rather than later) break those up into smaller, more affordable tpbs like they've done the with the Golden Age omnibuses.
    I'd love to see more Bronze Age material collected. I really like the Golden Age omnis they're doing for Superman and Batman (and now Wonder Woman) but would love to see it extended to a Silver Age and Bronze Age line as well. Otherwise, I'll be dead before any of that material sees the light of day.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    A La Encantadora TPB would work, particularly since Joe Kelly wrote all of her appearances. (It would include that "Superman and Wonder Woman fighting side by side for a thousand years" story which I thought was silly at the time and can barely remember now, but that's fine.)
    Was that the War of the Gods thing? I thought that was earlier.

    Did Encantadora have something to do with that or did it happen around the same time?

  13. #13
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I believe very little of the Cir-El era comics have been collected. Some of the early issues involving her have been I believe but not the very end of the story including Superman #200 and I don't think the Supergirls Arc involving her Natasha Irons and Traci 13 have been either despite many seeing those as some of the quintessential stories involving the other 2 who still get use (World of Flashpoint even referenced that arc!).
    Would love to see this re-printed.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

    Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Two trades from Supergirl in Adventure Comics. Volume one could include #381-396 features as well as Superman #414 and #415. Volume two could be massive, with 397-424.


    Adventures of Supergirl Volume Two: The Feels


    - A "Time and Time Again" re-release could include Action #515, #516, #665, and For Earth
    - A "Krimson Kryptonite" re-release could include Superman #46, Adventures #469, and Soul Search
    - Final Night: Superman could include the main series and Triangles 1996: 41-45, and the wedding.



    I think Superman #290-300 is a gold standard stretch that DC should absolutely put out and fans should absolutely own.
    Superman 290-300 is probably my definitive era for the character. I would extend it to 325 just to include all the Garcia Lopez covers.

    Superman 301 has a great battle with Solomon Grundy and is all Garcia Lopez. I would like to see Zhavam reprinted and Who took the Super out of Superman.

    http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/superman/7


    Oh yeah it's in 290 to 300, Who Took The Super out of Superman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •