Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    New 52
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13

    Default Would you read a Barry Allen/Wally West bimonthly book?

    So this is just a random thought I had but what if the current Flash title which has two issues released a month had alternating stories for Barry and Wally in the same way that Wonder Woman's book initially told two stories being her origin and her current day adventures. An example could be after the Flash War story line each even issue could be Barry and odd issue be Wally. I honestly think considering the current Flash book doing so well (averaging around 50,000) that they could attempt to do a second book entirely for Wally but if DC is still shy about the idea of two different Flash books then this way they could both be under the same banner.

    I don't think it is a very likely option as it has as much chance of turning away readers as it does bringing in the Wally fanbase who doesn't want to read Barry but I think it would at least be an interesting experimental way of building up interest for Wally to have his own book. It would be like instead of doing back up stories, Wally could have a six issue run in the odd issues of Flash and then if they feel confident launch his own book.

    So would you read a book like this?

    Edited: I changed the name of the thread so people don't think it is official news anymore.
    Last edited by Akiraking; 11-14-2017 at 06:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member TheSupernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiraking View Post
    So this is just a random thought I had but what if the current Flash title which has two issues released a month had alternating stories for Barry and Wally in the same way that Wonder Woman's book initially told two stories being her origin and her current day adventures. An example could be after the Flash War story line each even issue could be Barry and odd issue be Wally. I honestly think considering the current Flash book doing so well (averaging around 50,000) that they could attempt to do a second book entirely for Wally but if DC is still shy about the idea of two different Flash books then this way they could both be under the same banner.

    I don't think it is a very likely option as it has as much chance of turning away readers as it does bringing in the Wally fanbase who doesn't want to read Barry but I think it would at least be an interesting experimental way of building up interest for Wally to have his own book. It would be like instead of doing back up stories, Wally could have a six issue run in the odd issues of Flash and then if they feel confident launch his own book.

    So would you read a book like this?
    That's what I thought would happen when Rebirth first happened but nah.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8,354

    Default

    I've thrown this idea out before so yeah, I'd definitely be down for it. (With an asterisk)

    Of course, ideally I want Wally West and the Speed Force so the Flash Family has a home.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

    Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

  4. #4
    Not a member BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Not at jab at you OP (at all, honestly), but everybody should think their thread titles a little more trough, so we know that it's "would like this?" instead of getting out hopes up thinking it's hot news.
    Conner Kent flies. Connor Hawke has a bow. Get it right, people!

  5. #5
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not at jab at you OP (at all, honestly), but everybody should think their thread titles a little more trough, so we know that it's "would like this?" instead of getting out hopes up thinking it's hot news.
    I know. I was getting ready to pop a bottle of champagne when I read the thread title, and then I read the opening post and realized it was a fan proposal rather than news of actual DC product coming our way soon.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  6. #6
    Incredible Member TheSupernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I know. I was getting ready to pop a bottle of champagne when I read the thread title, and then I read the opening post and realized it was a fan proposal rather than news of actual DC product coming our way soon.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Same here. :'( but maybe after Flash War.

  7. #7
    New 52
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Sorry, I don't make many threads here, I should have phrased it as a question. I'll remember next time.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Bogotazo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    It could work but I'm afraid it could cut the stories short. Then again Flash has been a bit too decompressed at times. It's essentially the same as giving each one a monthly title though isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiraking View Post
    Sorry, I don't make many threads here, I should have phrased it as a question. I'll remember next time.
    You can still edit it!

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,526

    Default

    I wouldn't mind it, and I think Williamson would be able to do it, and it could be something DC is more open to if they're resistant to giving Wally his own book.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not at jab at you OP (at all, honestly), but everybody should think their thread titles a little more trough, so we know that it's "would like this?" instead of getting out hopes up thinking it's hot news.
    Yeah, as soon as I saw the title thread, I thought "awesome news!!!" but then I opened the thread and thought "oh man..."
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

    DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

    Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

    Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

  11. #11
    New 52
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    You can still edit it!
    Changed it, didn't know I could change the title of a thread until now.

  12. #12
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brisbane-ish Australia
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I've thrown this idea out before so yeah, I'd definitely be down for it. (With an asterisk)

    Of course, ideally I want Wally West and the Speed Force so the Flash Family has a home.
    I'd be all over that book like white on rice!
    I HATE how DC threw away everything to concentrate on Barry. It wasn't just the baby with bathwater, it was the bath, the taps and the plumbing as well!
    Max, Jay, Bart, Jesse, Jenni, John Fox, Don, Dawn the list goes on and on.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No point being a damn fool about it. - W C Fields

  13. #13
    Superman of E-6 Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Astounding World of Argon.
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiraking View Post
    Changed it, didn't know I could change the title of a thread until now.
    You can? I didn't know either. Good to know.
    “When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.”

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Bogotazo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiraking View Post
    Changed it, didn't know I could change the title of a thread until now.
    It's happened to me before that I change it and it still doesn't change on the front page.

    MODS PLEASE thx

  15. #15
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    sure dc will do it but it will be nuWally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •