Page 232 of 246 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3690

And so once again a British person is the Doctor. This is 2017 can we get a non-British person to play the Doctor.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Honestly, I'm kind of lukewarm about Jodie Whittaker being the 13th Doctor. Not that she isn't a good actress--she obviously is if she landed one of the most coveted roles in British Popular Culture. But having seen her previous work in Broadchurch, Black Mirror, and Attack the Block, she doesn't seem like someone who could pass for The Doctor. In my opinion, The Doctor, no matter what his or her incarnation, has to be someone who's eccentric, authoritative, whimsical, sardonic, and a little egotistical. I just don't picture Whittaker as that kind of character.
    How do you know she can't if she's never been given a role like this before?
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    This.

Broadchurch bored the everlovin shit out of me. Worried about what he will do with Who.
    Not sure how someone who's watched that show can not like it. It's really good.
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Can I just say thank you? I've been across multiple boards and 98% of the criticism has been that she can't pee standing up, and so little on her acting capability. I can't say whether I agree or not as I haven't seen enough of her roles, but it is rather depressing that so little talk about Jodie today has been about her acting chops.
    Yeah the reaction has, unfortunately, been very predictable. And yes, I think what's getting lost in the discussion from both those who are championing or condemning this is whether or not she's right for the role is what should be the focus. Just like anyone else that's been cast as the Doctor in the past. Personally, as long as we don't end up with another Colin Baker on our hands, that's fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i liked her in "boardchurch" so i have high hopes.
    Same here, but it's just hard to picture her in this role based on her previous body of work. Then again, there's been actors and actress who I thought were 100% wrong for the role who wound up being fantastic (i.e. Heath Ledger as The Joker). So Jodie Whittaker could very well surprise us.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    How do you know she can't if she's never been given a role like this before?
    That's the thing, I'm not saying she can't. I'm just saying I can't envision her playing someone like the Doctor based on things I've seen her be in before. I'd feel the same way if say if Will Ferrell was cast as George Washington, for example. Then again, I was wrong about Heath Ledger as the Joker, so she could very pull it off.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am more worried about the showrunner, than anything else. He has to avoid being the next JNT. I hope we get two companions. Male or female, I'd like to get another companion like Jaime, someone who gets into all sorts of trouble with 13.

I'm gonna watch the show, regardless.
    I'm going to open pandoras box, by asking " what was wrong with JNT?"

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Kind of the same thing as with Moffat. He stayed to LONG, and had some quite frankly Stupid Ideas. But in JNT's defense He did try to leave but the BBC wouldn't let Him. As Terrance Dick once Said. The BBC is the one Prison that ADDS time for Good Behavior.

Amazing Member

To be honest I don't like the casting. I will continue to watch the show and I will give her a chance as the Doctor to see if I like her or not. However I cannot say if this will still be my favorite tv program or not and I can definitely say this is no longer the Doctor Who I loved from childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    To be honest I don't like the casting. I will continue to watch the show and I will give her a chance as the Doctor to see if I like her or not. However I cannot say if this will still be my favorite tv program or not and I can definitely say this is no longer the Doctor Who I loved from childhood.
    Have they started the controversy about them picking a Blonde White Woman over a person of color yet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Kind of the same thing as with Moffat. He stayed to LONG, and had some quite frankly Stupid Ideas. But in JNT's defense He did try to leave but the BBC wouldn't let Him. As Terrance Dick once Said. The BBC is the one Prison that ADDS time for Good Behavior.
    What Flyattractor said. JNT was behind the 6th Doctor's awful outfit. I hope the new showrunner does not mess up 13.

Have they started the controversy about them picking a Blonde White Woman over a person of color yet?
    We still gotta get through the "Misogynistic basement dwellers are angry that the new Doctor is a woman" phase first. Though honestly I haven't seen to many complaints yet, though I don't pay to much attention to the hellhole that is twitter so maybe that's why. I would also guess a decent chunk of that stuff already happened with Missy anyway.

How long was his tenure, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    What Flyattractor said. JNT was behind the 6th Doctor's awful outfit. I hope the new showrunner does not mess up 13.
    Believe it or not, i liked his outfit...

How long was his tenure, exactly?
    He was Technically with the show from some time in the Tom Baker Era to the Sylvester McCoy Era, but he was Main Producer for the Tom's Last year till about mid way thru Sylvester's if I recall correctly.

Believe it or not, i liked his outfit...
    Yeah so did I.. JNT started costumes picking with Tom's Red Outfit, which I was not a fan of.