Page 253 of 277 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4154
  1. #3781
    BANNED Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    New interview with Jodie

    More like Jodie reads a Statement prepared and cleared by the BBC Political and Standards and Practices Department.

  2. #3782
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    More like Jodie reads a Statement prepared and cleared by the BBC Political and Standards and Practices Department.
    Really? You've banged on about not watching the show and how you're still visting/posting on this thread cos there's all that old Who you can still talk about. And that's cool.

    By then why feel the need to make comments like this about something you've already made very clear you aren't going to be watching. Jodie's come across as nothing but enthusiastic, respectful and just downright bloody marvellous in all her interviews to date. If you ain't happy with her casting, fair enough. But don't make it about some stupid meaningless agenda that exists only in your mind. They've cast a fantastic actor as the Doctor. If that ain't enough for you, you've got 26 years of the stuff you did enjoy to watch/discuss.

    And on a brighter note, here's another interview with Jodie (it's probably only available to UK peeps though)

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05br8l3
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

    "Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

  3. #3783
    BANNED Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Really? You've banged on about not watching the show and how you're still visting/posting on this thread cos there's all that old Who you can still talk about. And that's cool.

    By then why feel the need to make comments like this about something you've already made very clear you aren't going to be watching. Jodie's come across as nothing but enthusiastic, respectful and just downright bloody marvellous in all her interviews to date. If you ain't happy with her casting, fair enough. But don't make it about some stupid meaningless agenda that exists only in your mind. They've cast a fantastic actor as the Doctor. If that ain't enough for you, you've got 26 years of the stuff you did enjoy to watch/discuss.

    And on a brighter note, here's another interview with Jodie (it's probably only available to UK peeps though)

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05br8l3
    Because what I said is more true then what the FanBoy/Girl FAN-tasy is of "Oh this is what she really feels about it" nonsense. And I am sorry if you feel this thread should be a Private or Closed one for just One Set of a Fandom.

  4. #3784
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Because what I said is more true then what the FanBoy/Girl FAN-tasy is of "Oh this is what she really feels about it" nonsense.
    No. It isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    And I am sorry if you feel this thread should be a Private or Closed one for just One Set of a Fandom.
    I don't think that. As I explicitly said, it's perfectly cool for you to contribute to this thread about classic who... or to complain about new who if you want. But your comment wasn't a complaint or a criticism. It just felt like a petty snipe at something you've already made clear that you disagree with.

    Now, I'm not saying you can't make those comments. I was just curious why you had felt the need to do so. Oh and "Because what I say is right" isn't really an answer.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

    "Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

  5. #3785
    BANNED Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    No. It isn't.


    I don't think that. As I explicitly said, it's perfectly cool for you to contribute to this thread about classic who... or to complain about new who if you want. But your comment wasn't a complaint or a criticism. It just felt like a petty snipe at something you've already made clear that you disagree with.

    Now, I'm not saying you can't make those comments. I was just curious why you had felt the need to do so. Oh and "Because what I say is right" isn't really an answer.
    I don't know that it is "right" it is just what I feel. And I have pretty much gotten the feeling that having a Differing Opinion can be considered to be "Not Allowed" with some fandoms.

  6. #3786
    Poor Doomed Thing Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    How about Desert Island Doctor Who: pick the ten Doctor Who stories you'd take with you to a desert island. Rules as follows:
    You can have two lists - Classic Who and Nu Who, ten stories for each. If you don't watch one or the other then stick to the list of ten for the show you do watch; no fielding a list of twenty Classic Who stories because you don't watch Nu Who or visa versa.

    For Classic Who: a story is comprised of several episodes; Trial of a Time-Lord, despite being linked stories, is not one big story but made of its component stories. Stories that are missing are awkward - totally or mainly missing stories that exist only as a soundtrack with the odd orphan I think should be left out, as we covered them in our top five missing stories; stories that have had their gaps plugged with animation (Ice Warriors, The Invasion etc) I'll allow as they usually have more than half of the original footage. I know it's kind of arbitrary but I have to draw a line somewhere.

    Nu Who
    : two-parters like The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances count as one story; there are no three-part stories. Utopia can not be attached to The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Time Lords.

    Paul McGann's TV movie is going to be counted as part of Classic Who for the purposes of this list.

    No Big Finnish audios. We can do a separate list for people's favourites later.

    No mini episodes like Time Crash, no weird EastEnders/Who mash-up like that horrible thing I pretend didn't happen.

  7. #3787
    Poor Doomed Thing Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I found making the Classic Who list painful as there are so many that I had to leave out. A list with more than ten however starts to get a bit silly. Even now I look at it and wonder if I should have fitted The Daemons in there at the expense of something else, or State of Decay, Warrior's Gate, Deadly Assassin... as I said, painful choice.

    Classic Who
    The Romans
    The Tomb of the Cybermen
    Carnival of Monsters
    The Brain of Morbius
    The Robots of Death
    The Talons of Weng Chiang
    City of Death
    Kinda
    The Caves of Androzani
    Revelation of the Daleks

    I'm not really into Nu Who, but I do like the isolated episode or two. Stretching my list out to ten was a bit tricky as I tend to love Moffat's stories from RTD's era far more than anything else.

    Nu Who
    The Empty Child 1&2
    The Girl in the Fireplace
    Human Nature 1&2
    Blink
    The Fires of Pompeii
    Silence in the Library
    Midnight
    The Eleventh Hour
    The Time of Angels 1&2
    The Rebel Flesh 1&2

  8. #3788
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    How about Desert Island Doctor Who: pick the ten Doctor Who stories you'd take with you to a desert island. Rules as follows:
    You can have two lists - Classic Who and Nu Who, ten stories for each. If you don't watch one or the other then stick to the list of ten for the show you do watch; no fielding a list of twenty Classic Who stories because you don't watch Nu Who or visa versa.

    For Classic Who: a story is comprised of several episodes; Trial of a Time-Lord, despite being linked stories, is not one big story but made of its component stories. Stories that are missing are awkward - totally or mainly missing stories that exist only as a soundtrack with the odd orphan I think should be left out, as we covered them in our top five missing stories; stories that have had their gaps plugged with animation (Ice Warriors, The Invasion etc) I'll allow as they usually have more than half of the original footage. I know it's kind of arbitrary but I have to draw a line somewhere.

    Nu Who
    : two-parters like The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances count as one story; there are no three-part stories. Utopia can not be attached to The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Time Lords.

    Paul McGann's TV movie is going to be counted as part of Classic Who for the purposes of this list.

    No Big Finnish audios. We can do a separate list for people's favourites later.

    No mini episodes like Time Crash, no weird EastEnders/Who mash-up like that horrible thing I pretend didn't happen.
    Apparently someone didn't watch this season.

  9. #3789
    Poor Doomed Thing Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I think I watched most of it - which was the three parter?

  10. #3790
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think I watched most of it - which was the three parter?
    Extremis/The Pyramid At The End Of The World/The Lie Of The Land

  11. #3791
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    14,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Utopia can not be attached to The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Time Lords.
    Ehm... why not, exactly? Because Utopia most certainly does not stand on its own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Extremis/The Pyramid At The End Of The World/The Lie Of The Land
    Also, from last season, Face The Raven/Hell Bent/Heaven Sent
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  12. #3792
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    Oh boy, Classic Who is hard. Thinking of the ones I've seen then (most of them), probably...

    The Crusade
    Tomb of the Cybermen
    The Curse of Peladon
    The Green Death
    Genesis of the Daleks
    Pyramids of Mars
    City of Death
    Caves of Androzani
    Vengeance on Varos
    The Curse of Fenric

    I feel sad about not including McGann but the TV Movie is a tad average compared to some great Classic Who stories. But I have a pure historical story, a Cybermen story, a Ice Warrior/great alien planet story, a UNIT story, a Dalek story, a Phillip Hinchcliffe dark story, a lighter hearted Douglas Adams story, a arguably best story ever story, a dark sci fi/Sil story and a strong Seventh Doctor story. Nice collection all round I think.

    EDIT: I noticed the missing episode thing, given that Crusade has two episodes missing then if it's an issue I'll replace it with Time Meddler.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 08-09-2017 at 07:40 AM.

  13. #3793
    Poor Doomed Thing Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ehm... why not, exactly? Because Utopia most certainly does not stand on its own.
    I'd always understood The Sound of Drums/TLotTL to be a two-parter and remember controversy on other boards when people decided Utopia was actually part of the set. Certainly Utopia was not advertised as part of the finale in the RT, and was not by the same director. However, I'm not a big Nu Who fan and if you guys see these things as three-parters that's fine, as long as were all playing by the same rules then it's all okay. It doesn't affect my list so there are no changes to be made on my end.

  14. #3794
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    14,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I'd always understood The Sound of Drums/TLotTL to be a two-parter and remember controversy on other boards when people decided Utopia was actually part of the set. Certainly Utopia was not advertised as part of the finale in the RT, and was not by the same director. However, I'm not a big Nu Who fan and if you guys see these things as three-parters that's fine, as long as were all playing by the same rules then it's all okay. It doesn't affect my list so there are no changes to be made on my end.
    Question: have you actually seen these three episodes?
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  15. #3795
    Mighty Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Yeah, all three are linked, although the last two are a bit different due to Simm and the modern London/Valiant setting. However, they're linked by Jack, the Master in general, and the story of the last humans/Utopia/Toclafane.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •