Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Probably Voltron?
    Think so?

Just with the combined thing, thought CP. Looked like a Megazord and someone mentioned Transformers.

Never seen Voltron, so honestly wouldn't know.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/09/four-...on-the-inside/

Does anybody here read the Doctor Who Novels? I used to read the Eight Doctor Adventures for their easy to read trippiness (Like literary popcorn laced with acid). The one with the War Doctor seems interesting.

I figured out a "Robot" connection for "Listen." When the Doctor wakes up he says, "Sontarans perverting the course of human history" which are the first words of the Fourth Doctor--but also those words were said in the story called "Robot" which features a robot.

Maybe when he's asleep, the Doctor is reviewing old cases to find a connection with the "Promised Land."

The Fourth Doctor's comment referenced the earlier adventure of the Third Doctor--"The Time Warrior" which was the first story to feature Sarah Jane and to feature a Sontaran. And it's a story very similar in plot and setting to "Robot of Sherwood."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Think so?

Just with the combined thing, thought CP. Looked like a Megazord and someone mentioned Transformers.

Never seen Voltron, so honestly wouldn't know.
    Transformers are robots in disguise. Voltron was primary-colored, feline-shaped mechanoids manned by humanoid pilots. Daleks are also manned by a creature inside the metal casing, so I figured Voltron. Haven't really watched Power Rangers or the like.
    OPINION: Noun: O-pi-nion
    The belief in the ratio of the circumference of an aromatic bulb the essence of which can make people cry tears of sadness or outrage. Most commonly found in boiling substances when not hidden underground.

I once purchased a tenth doctor book, but didn't enjoy it all that much. Found that I'm turning more visual-orientated as I get old and decrepit. On the other hand, I'd love to one day stumble across some of the radio adventures featuring a living Doctor (actor) or someone really good at mimicking them. Really enjoy my collection of DC audio novels by Graphic Audio which feature the addition of sound affects and a cast of voice actors.
    OPINION: Noun: O-pi-nion
    The belief in the ratio of the circumference of an aromatic bulb the essence of which can make people cry tears of sadness or outrage. Most commonly found in boiling substances when not hidden underground.

Today I fell into watching "Blink" again. I didn't mean to, but once I turned it on I couldn't stop watching it. I think this and "Smith and Jones" are the two episodes of DW that I've watched more times than any others.

Both are the kind of stories I'd like to see more of.

I think that "Listen" was supposed to be like "Blink"--and it did have some of that flavour. But what is so great about "Blink" is that the Doctor and the Companion play a very small role and it's mainly about the featured guest actress and about the world of the Doctor.

That's what they need to do more often. And by doing some episodes like that (where the two featured players don't need to appear in most scenes), it would probably hellp their production schedule.

Which is why they did those episodes in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But what is so great about "Blink" is that the Doctor and the Companion play a very small role and it's mainly about the featured guest actress and about the world of the Doctor.
    That isn't a decision the writer made. There's a Doctor/Companion-light episode in every season because that's when they shoot the Christmas special.
    Amy: Have you ever run away from something because you were scared, or not ready, or just... just because you could?
    The Doctor: Once. A long time ago.
    Amy: What happened?
    The Doctor: [gestures to himself] Hello!