Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242
Results 3,616 to 3,627 of 3627

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Shocked. I knew she pulled out of a recent convention but had no idea that she was ill. I always liked Victoria. Very sad to hear this.
    Ditto. She was a fun and lovable companion. Her chemistry with the 2nd Doctor and Jamie was one of the best ever.

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

My only really hope for the new Doctor (other than the usual being good and fun) is that they put on ice all the romance stuff.

Just give me monsters, mayhem, and a mad Doctor in a blue box.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The first "assistant" here is Bill Potts.

"after missing out on the top role to Jodie Whittaker, Kris is the main contender to succeed companion Pearl Mackie [...] who is leaving after just one series."

"If successful," the report continues, "he may join up with Matt Lucas [...] who plays the other assistant Nardole."
    Kris was the lead in Death in Paradise. Would he even consider coming to Who to play JUST the companion?

Astonishing Member

After long consideration I have decided there is only one appropriate response to this weeks news.

the next doctor.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    After long consideration I have decided there is only one appropriate response to this weeks news.

the next doctor.jpg
    I kind of agree. I would almost rather jump out of an airplane then watch Dr. Who anymore. Been that way for about 7 years now

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Kris was the lead in Death in Paradise. Would he even consider coming to Who to play JUST the companion?
    Don't know, don't care, don't want him. He seems very, very bland.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Feel the same way about the New Female Doctor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Feel the same way about the New Female Doctor.
    The actor is female. The Doctor is the Doctor.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    I kind of agree. I would almost rather jump out of an airplane then watch Dr. Who anymore. Been that way for about 7 years now
    Oh boy, you are asking for trouble with that one lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The actor is female. The Doctor is the Doctor.
    And somewhere down the middle they shall meet?

To say the least.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum...

Just... yes. So very, very much yes.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    To say the least.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum...

Just... yes. So very, very much yes.
    She seems to work with a lot ex-Whos.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?