Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242
Results 3,616 to 3,627 of 3627
  1. #3616
    Fantastic Member Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Shocked. I knew she pulled out of a recent convention but had no idea that she was ill. I always liked Victoria. Very sad to hear this.
    Ditto. She was a fun and lovable companion. Her chemistry with the 2nd Doctor and Jamie was one of the best ever.

  2. #3617
    Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,390

    Default

    My only really hope for the new Doctor (other than the usual being good and fun) is that they put on ice all the romance stuff.

    Just give me monsters, mayhem, and a mad Doctor in a blue box.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  3. #3618
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The first "assistant" here is Bill Potts.

    "after missing out on the top role to Jodie Whittaker, Kris is the main contender to succeed companion Pearl Mackie [...] who is leaving after just one series."

    "If successful," the report continues, "he may join up with Matt Lucas [...] who plays the other assistant Nardole."
    Kris was the lead in Death in Paradise. Would he even consider coming to Who to play JUST the companion?

  4. #3619
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,991

    Default

    After long consideration I have decided there is only one appropriate response to this weeks news.


    the next doctor.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  5. #3620
    Fantastic Member Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    After long consideration I have decided there is only one appropriate response to this weeks news.


    the next doctor.jpg
    I kind of agree. I would almost rather jump out of an airplane then watch Dr. Who anymore. Been that way for about 7 years now

  6. #3621
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Kris was the lead in Death in Paradise. Would he even consider coming to Who to play JUST the companion?
    Don't know, don't care, don't want him. He seems very, very bland.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  7. #3622
    Fantastic Member Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Don't know, don't care, don't want him. He seems very, very bland.
    Feel the same way about the New Female Doctor.

  8. #3623
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Feel the same way about the New Female Doctor.
    The actor is female. The Doctor is the Doctor.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  9. #3624
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    I kind of agree. I would almost rather jump out of an airplane then watch Dr. Who anymore. Been that way for about 7 years now
    Oh boy, you are asking for trouble with that one lol.

  10. #3625
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The actor is female. The Doctor is the Doctor.
    And somewhere down the middle they shall meet?

  11. #3626
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Don't know, don't care, don't want him. He seems very, very bland.
    To say the least.

    Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum...



    Just... yes. So very, very much yes.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

    "Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

  12. #3627
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    To say the least.

    Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum...



    Just... yes. So very, very much yes.
    She seems to work with a lot ex-Whos.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •