Page 234 of 242 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3627
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    For the companion I'd hope no romance, no more young girl from London, no young boy from London, we don't need a Rose/Martha/Amy/Clara/Bill but with a dick this time, no married couple, no kids, because then having to listen to one side of the aisle bitching about the Doctor being a woman, the other side will be bitching about the first femme Doctor being having to be a mommy.

I'd hope for someone more an equal, ala Jack/River/Romana, a older companion, or maybe a whole family though that might make for a crowded Tardis
    I'm thinking a male or two and a female. Three or four regulars in the TARDIS, like 2 and 5 had.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think of a female doctor who? Many say that would abandon the show for this reason.
    Back when Matt Smith was announced people were up and arms about that and were pissing and moaning till his first episode. I think she'll be fine but there is a lot more scrutiny on her now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Believe it or not, i liked his outfit...
    I see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He made some poor choices, but what was really wrong was that a few years into his tenure as producer one Michael Grade became head of the BBC, or whatever his title was, and that guy hated Who with a vengeange.

About ten years.
    The body count & overall violence during the runs of 5 & 6 were a bit too much, imo.

I know it was the 1980's, but damn....

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The body count & overall violence during the runs of 5 & 6 were a bit too much, imo.

I know it was the 1980's, but damn....
    I seem to recall Pertwee and Baker The First having massive body counts in their stories.
    And Pertwee in particular having a lot more violence, what with him being the action hero Doctor who was stuck surrounded by UNIT soldiers who always died in droves.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Fantastic Member

And on a non-regeneration note, Big Finish have just announced the sad news that Trevor Baxter has died. To Who fans, he was Professor George Litefoot, ally to the fourth Doctor in Talons of Weng-Chiang, and for the past several years co-star of the Jago and Litefoot audio series from Big Finish. RIP.

What do you guys think of a female doctor who? Many say that would abandon the show for this reason.
    Truthfully full honestly I'm torn.
    Yes logical (in universe) there is no reason why The Doctor couldn't regenerate into a female.
    Do I think it was needed: No
    Could it hurt the show: Yes it could
    Will I give her the benefit of the doubt: Absolutely I'll check out the first few episodes Peter didn't click with me.
    Does it seem a massive coincidence that a possible vocal portion of the fanbase wanted a female doctor and now we have a female doctor: yes
    do I believe in coincidence: No I don't
    The true test is how she does and what happens if the next time the doctor regenerates and they change it to a man again, that above everything else is what has me torn.
    Truth is the best policy

Mighty Member
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Show me someone who would stop watching a show because of a factor they haven't even bothered to watch yet and I'll show you someone who needs to be a tad more open minded.
    *Yoohoo! Over here!*

Over 50 years of watching TV and movies. More than that of reading fiction.

The Hardy Boys?.... yes. Nancy Drew? .... yawn
    The Ghost?....yes. Mrs. Muir? .... yawn
    Superman?....yes. Wonder Woman?... yawn
    Bionic Man?...yup. Bionic Woman? .....out riding bike.

With me its kind of a forgone conclusion based on decades of unvarying experience. Watching my fellow sex just bores me something fierce. I can acknowledge good looks and good acting, doesn't matter. *shrugs*

I'll admit I liked Donna and Leela, but only when they were with the Doctor. Without him, I wouldn't watch a Donna or Leela Show.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

All cars need a fresh coat of paint after while, but if you don't address the engine, its still polishing a turd. I guess what Im saying is, I welcome change, I hope its genuine change all around and not just cosmetic. The show has been painfully mediocre for awhile, bad writing, corny and or annoying by the numbers sidekicks. I welcome the change, although the soccer mom haircut could use a relook

Mighty Member
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Truthfully full honestly I'm torn.
    Yes logical (in universe) there is no reason why The Doctor couldn't regenerate into a female.
    Do I think it was needed: No
    Could it hurt the show: Yes it could
    Will I give her the benefit of the doubt: Absolutely I'll check out the first few episodes Peter didn't click with me.
    Does it seem a massive coincidence that a possible vocal portion of the fanbase wanted a female doctor and now we have a female doctor: yes
    do I believe in coincidence: No I don't
    The true test is how she does and what happens if the next time the doctor regenerates and they change it to a man again, that above everything else is what has me torn.
    Admit I kind of saw this coming when that Gallifreyan general changed to (back?) to a female and then the whole Missy thing. It's like they were testing the waters then. Was so hoping I was wrong though.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I'm going to miss Peter Capaldi, he's been my favorite doctor since Colin Baker, but I'm certainly willing to give Jodie Whittaker a chance. I'm just glad we're not getting another hipster Doctor in the Tennant/Smith mold.

www.taurianfilms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    I'm going to miss Peter Capaldi, he's been my favorite doctor since Colin Baker, but I'm certainly willing to give Jodie Whittaker a chance. I'm just glad we're not getting another hipster Doctor in the Tennant/Smith mold.
    Woa wait...Colin Baker is a favorite Doctor of yours?

Ultimate Member

Dr. Who fans have a pattern that repeats itself whenever a new actor/actress is cast.

"Oh no, they're horrible. Totally wrong for the role, the show is RUINED!!"

(Watches show for awhile):

"OMG, BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!!"

It happens over and over and over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Woa wait...Colin Baker is a favorite Doctor of yours?
    Absolutly, but my criteria is chiefly based on what the actor did with with the material given to him. Colin was able to take a tonne of lead and produce a couple pounds of gold.

I think I'd argue that Colin Baker and Peter Capaldi were probably the greatest actors to take on the role. It's unfortunate that their material wasn't all that great.