Page 159 of 161 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2409
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! Dark Knight1047's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Or Netflix wants to pay less, yes. Though there are also rumors that the Beeb may be starting up their own streaming service (think HBO Now), and wants their crown jewel front and center when it rolls out.
    Of course, it always come down to the $$$
    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."

classic series wise, Netflix does still carry most of the DVDs in their physical media service (Although they don't have many of the special edition re-releases from a few years back). In many ways the DVDs are better than Netflix and Hulu's streams anyway, as they were mostly worked on by restoration teams (I think the streams are mainly taken from broadcast stuff given to Lionheart).

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The HULU selection of old and new Who was the best honestly. Maybe a few stories wasn't on there , but overall there was a lot of good classic stories. BBC fucked up clearly. They charge 3x the price of normal DVD season sets for basically a few episodes each DVD. Does anyone expect those idiots to not try and price a streaming service 2-3x the price of netflix and Hulu ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

The new Doctor Who Puppet episode 7 is finally out and it's the best one yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7d55ZB7l0s

spoilers:
    I like how the intro is from the first Doctor's show. And the special effects were really cool as they showed all the previous Doctors.
    end of spoilers
    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The new Doctor Who Puppet episode 7 is finally out and it's the best one yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7d55ZB7l0s

spoilers:
    I like how the intro is from the first Doctor's show. And the special effects were really cool as they showed all the previous Doctors.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks! I must have checked for an up date just a couple of days before it finally aired. Would have been another couple of months before I tried again if not for your post.

Pat looks marvelous. William was spot on. Loved the classic audio sound affects.
    Life is a kitchen with working stove and cooktop. Special Snowflakes should watch where they stand.

So there's been buzz from some sources-including Capaldi himself-that the new companion actor or actress has been chosen and will be announced soon. Also hopeful is that Capaldi says the new companion will be more of an outsider than Clara at least, although it seems like every companion in the series has had some "special destiny"-Rose became "Bad Wolf" to save the Doctor of course; Jack became immortal, started his Torchwood team and might be the Face of Boe; Martha saved the world using the world praying to the Doctor, Donna of course became "Doctordonna", Amy and Rory of course were River Song's parents, and finally Clara who saved the Doctor's past lives (and twice during his current time) using her splinters, helped him save Gallifrey etc. Even Sarah Jane and K-9 were given important functions in saving the universe in her own series. The most normal companions were the one-offs like Jackson Lake, Astrid or Lady Christina. (Adelaide Brooke of course was semi-important, not only the whole fixed event thing but the effect it had on the Doctor).

Granted, some companions from the original series did have arcs that were fairly important to the stories-Turlough of course had the whole Black Guardian thing and exile from his home planet, and Ace's backstory formed the core of the last three classic stories as well. But it'd be nice to have a normal, less important companion for once.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-21-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So BBC announced that Doctor Who's new series will move to Amazon Prime. Only the BBC would move its most popular character and series to the least popular streaming service ever. As some pointed out Netflix and Hulu exposed the series to more fans than what Amazon Prime ever will.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So there's been buzz from some sources-including Capaldi himself-that the new companion actor or actress has been chosen and will be announced soon. Also hopeful is that Capaldi says the new companion will be more of an outsider than Clara at least, . . .
    I would say Clara qualifies as an outsider. Either Capaldi doesn't know what he's talking about or he's just parroting some line he's been told to give. The whole set up for Clara was that she was an outsider--it's probably the Doctor's intervention in her life that allowed her to deal with her ghosts and settle down and finally get a job as a school teacher. Before the Doctor found her, Clara was a lost soul.

Most of the companions are outsiders almost by definition. If not before the Doctor finds them, then after because the experience of being with the Doctor has screwed up their whole life.

So saying that the new companion will be an outsider is like saying the new companion will not be any different. In fact, on almost every TV show I've ever watched most of the characters are made out to be outsiders of one kind or another. So this isn't some genius new idea.

I like it better when there are a few companions and not one in particular that is more special than the others. The Doctor did travel with Rory and Amy, but they always made it seem like Amy was the special one (personally, though, I preferred Rory). Actually, it should be like HOUSE--the Doctor enlists a bunch of assistants on his team and then he weeds them out over the season.
    No one left alive in nineteen hundred and eighty-five will ever do
    --Wings

Agreed. I felt for poor Rory...Amy was...not someone I'd want as a friend.

I'm in the camp championing that The Doctor should be the main dish while the companions are side dishes. Side dishes should rarely take center stage on the dining table. Am no fan of Clara.

IMHO Heaven Sent was great because Capaldi finally got to shine since Clara was relegated to short stints. She was still significant, but not overshadowing. My favorite ep of his run for all that the story's plot was pretty horrific in scope.
    Life is a kitchen with working stove and cooktop. Special Snowflakes should watch where they stand.

Nice article about the Ninth Doctor:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doctor-wh...214932388.html

I was ticked when Christopher left the show after one season because of creative differences with the PTB, but when David took over I was like "Never mind, carry on."

Thing about Eccleston is that he seems to be slowly warming again a bit to the show in the decade since he left. He's done a few select interviews and minor events with small groups of fans, and he's been more open about his time on the show, especially in the last few years. Can't see him quite doing any audios/conventions/multi-Doctor stories yet, but time will tell.

It's a bit like Tom Baker, for a while he largely avoided WHO, but around the 90's he started to warm up to the show and it's fans again, although Big Finish and him showing up in the series itself took a little longer (Although he wanted to play an incarnation of the master in the 2005 series). He even made up with some of the companion actors he alienated on the show, such as Louise Jameson and Mary Tamm (Although he still avoids ex-wife Lalla Ward and vice versa).

Somewhat generic cast pictures for "Class":

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/67...ealed#/slide/7

BBC is going to reveal who the Doctor's next companion is this Saturday:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-sea...anion-actress/

So Pearl Mackie is the new companion. I've never heard of her before. I hope she's good:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36111598

I watched the trailer and my first reaction to the character was, "JESUS, SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!"
    My review of the Zakk Wylde CD Book of Shadows II can be see via this KNAC.com link.

My review of the Metal Church CD XI can be seen via this KNAC.com link.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.