Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 3640
    Mighty Member

Meanwhile we've lost another fantastic companion, Deborah Watling as Second Doctor companion Victoria Waterfield. That's right, Leatherlungs herself.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Meanwhile we've lost another fantastic companion, Deborah Watling as Second Doctor companion Victoria Waterfield. That's right, Leatherlungs herself.
    It is sad. Especially given the recent passing of Trevor Baxter as well. Had she completed any work with Big Finish prior to her passing?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Transgender? Has a woman's body, identifies as a man?
    Which is another can of worms entirely. If the casting was enough to stoke the ire of hard leaning conservatives imagine the furore if sexuality is thrown into the mix.

The Doctor has always been male and has had numerous relationships with females (both companion and guest star alike.) Now, its never explicitly implied, but the audience is genuinely led to believe he is Heterosexual.

Regeneration can alter appearance. However, is it enough to alter ones sexual orientation? The Doctors memories are kept intact. So no doubt the persuasion he identifies himself as being is also intact.

Which is why i prefer the show to steer away from that kind of malarkey. If the Doctor had been kept neutral like in the classic series, this issue could have been avoided. Now it is murky and muddied waters we travel. Companions can have attraction to the Doctor, but if you really want to play up the alien aspects you just have the Doctor not acknowledge it.

Mighty Member

Another cast member confirmed for the Christmas special: Mark Gatiss

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...istmas-special

The DW panel at SDCC is also today. Hopefully we get a Christmas trailer.

Mighty Member

The BBC have confirmed to a fan they have quietly cancelled Class

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/c...lass_has_been/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It is sad. Especially given the recent passing of Trevor Baxter as well. Had she completed any work with Big Finish prior to her passing?
    She voiced Victoria in several Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories: The Great Space Elevator, The Emperor of Eternity, Power Play, The Black Hole and The Story of Extinction. Deborah also voiced Auntie in Three's a Crowd.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Deborah_Watling

Mighty Member
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Which is another can of worms entirely. If the casting was enough to stoke the ire of hard leaning conservatives imagine the furore if sexuality is thrown into the mix.

The Doctor has always been male and has had numerous relationships with females (both companion and guest star alike.) Now, its never explicitly implied, but the audience is genuinely led to believe he is Heterosexual.

Regeneration can alter appearance. However, is it enough to alter ones sexual orientation? The Doctors memories are kept intact. So no doubt the persuasion he identifies himself as being is also intact.

Which is why i prefer the show to steer away from that kind of malarkey. If the Doctor had been kept neutral like in the classic series, this issue could have been avoided. Now it is murky and muddied waters we travel. Companions can have attraction to the Doctor, but if you really want to play up the alien aspects you just have the Doctor not acknowledge it.
    Ugh. Yes. Why in the wonder of Gallifrey did they have to go make the Doctor actively sexual. In the Classic era he had a granddaughter. That kind of implied that either Time Lords had sex or used some sort of artificial method ([computer controlled genetic Looms?) No need to show it and certainly no need to have one species develop a sexual attraction to another. I mean that kind of follows along the path of the old 50's SciFi movies such as Mars Needs Women! or the like. What is it with human writers thinking that alien beings would want our women in that way? Sickos. :P

Oh....I liked Victoria. She was justifiably terrified a lot and I didn't blame her for wanting to leave the Tardis for good. It wasn't really her choice to face down monsters of the week.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

okay

then make ms quill a reoccuring character in doctor who.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Ah, that kind of stinks. That show had potential.
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Found this great Who video on Youtube. Get ready to tear up

Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16