Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2775

After an essentially disastrous intro in the teaser trailer where she came off as thoroughly annoying, Bill had a rather fantastic debut in The Pilot. She got some great lines (the mind wipe line was priceless). As for The Doctor, Peter Capaldi was on fire. He really had a zest to his performance in this one. Overall, this was a nice humdinger of an episode to introduce us to a new Companion and get the whole ball rolling again.

Unfortunately, the spinoff Class put me to sleep halfway through.
    Tokyo Motor Fist - S/T CD Review

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

am i the only one who loves nardole too?

he doesn't seem like a companion and more like a bro.

Thank you Time Warner/Spectrum, for never adjusting to the length of a show. If its over an hour, *I* have to know and adjust the settings or I'm sool.

/rant

I liked it, it kept me engaged, love Nardole (I like the idea that the Doctor has someone to challenge him on his ways sometimes), but Bill...jury's still out but I'm leaning toward thumbs up.

I don't know if its burnout, but while I don't hate Moffat, I'm...kinda ready for him to go.

Jersey City - or you can call it the TWiLighT Zone

I hear that Class after the 1st season has been already cancelled .. I rather see a different spin-off

I have no problem with the Doctor using mind wipes, the Doctor believe he is doing the right thing until you can prove him wrong anyways ..

His reason in attempting doing this time around, when did he promise to not take on another Companion and to who did he make the promise to ?

Rookie Member

I liked the picture of Susan on the Doctor's desk...It leads more credence to the rumor I am hearing the Susan will be seen sometime this season. I am curious how many of you feel about the new rumor that Kris Marshall is the next Doctor. I had seen this mentioned on a gossip site but that rumor is starting to show up in more mainstream press. So is he the next Doctor or has BBC pulled off one of the biggest (and perhaps best) distractions before naming the next actor to play the Doctor????

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    am i the only one who loves nardole too?

he doesn't seem like a companion and more like a bro.
    I find him to be a good character. He walks the fine line between being silly & perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I am curious how many of you feel about the new rumor that Kris Marshall is the next Doctor. I had seen this mentioned on a gossip site but that rumor is starting to show up in more mainstream press. So is he the next Doctor or has BBC pulled off one of the biggest (and perhaps best) distractions before naming the next actor to play the Doctor????
    I'm really hoping it's a rumour. Beyond some of the sillier/non-actor suggestions for the role of the Doc', there are very, very few actors (of either gender) who I wouldn't be at least willing to give a chance in the role. Because there are very few actors around today that I don't find, at the absolute minimum, alright. Sure some are better than others, but from the hundreds of potential Doctors working in TV/movies today, I couldn't name you more than a few that would actively put me off watching the show.

Kris Marshall is one of them. In everything I've seen him, he's one of those actors that I look at and wonder just how he's getting work. It's not that he's bad per se. He's just so very very bland, so one-note, so devoid of charisma and star quality. If casting another white male is an example of the production team going for the 'safe choice', Marshall is like the very pinnacle of that cos he's just so utterly... meh.

Hence, I'm really hoping this is just a rumour. All the stories do seem to have been born out of the same source, that of one tabloid claiming that an 'insider' (rather than a BBC spokesperson) confirmed the news. And Marshall's been around the top of potential candidates for a while cos he recently quit his regular role in Death in Paradise. So if we're really, really, really lucky, this is just more tabloid speculation that's been blown up by further tabloid speculation allied with the internet.

And if we not lucky, then I guess I better make the most of the rest of this season, cos it might be the last time we'll have a Doctor worth watching for some considerable time.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I am curious how many of you feel about the new rumor that Kris Marshall is the next Doctor. I had seen this mentioned on a gossip site but that rumor is starting to show up in more mainstream press.
    I heard he's already filmed his regeneration scene. I hope it's just a rumor and that he's not the next Doctor. There's just so many better actors out there that could play the Doctor. I don't see why they would choose him.
    My user name used to be "Dark Knight1047"

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."

"I am a mad man with a box!"

Mark Waid--"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I heard he's already filmed his regeneration scene. I hope it's just a rumor and that he's not the next Doctor. There's just so many better actors out there that could play the Doctor. I don't see why they would choose him.
    Bear in mind, just because one doctor has filmed a regeneration scene doesn't mean that the next one has filmed their bit yet. Also we have no reason to suspect we will definitely get a regeneration scene, it would depend on whether the casting is in place before they air the episode. We could get a completely clean break between show runners akin to the TV movie and the RTD show. What an actor says on a talk show is never proof of anything. These guys have lied and fed false rumours many times before.

Marshall has tended to be a little typecast over the last few years, if they have indeed chosen him it would be purely based on his ability to pull off the role and not based on recent TV stuff he has done. When he was younger he had some very interesting roles. I am totally unconvinced that he does have the job however. The press have never managed to get the scoop this far out before, seems unlikely that they would be able to find out now. My hunch is the Doctor hasn't even been cast yet, and I feel that it is not only the right time to have a female doctor, but that the last couple of years have deliberately been paving the way for it so that nobody could seriously object.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Bear in mind, just because one doctor has filmed a regeneration scene doesn't mean that the next one has filmed their bit yet.
    I wasn't referring to Capaldi. I was talking about Marshall.

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Spoiler trailer for this season

Judging by the background around the Master, I'm thinking that's probably the season finale he's appearing in.

Speaking of which, the strange, mummy-like individuals in the red cloaks in various filming pics (see link below), I'm wondering if they're the Cybermen (of the Tenth planet variety) without the masks, similar to the skeletons in "Dark Water". Moffat seems to portray the Cybermen as very zombie-like lately, so I wouldn't be surprised. They also bear a resemblance to the corpse-like Master seen during the Tom Baker years, and since we know the Master is involved, maybe there's some kind of connection there too.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...ing-series-10/
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-20-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I kinda hope we get a multi Master team up. We have seen the Doctors meet up many times but we have never seen more than one Master at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I kinda hope we get a multi Master team up. We have seen the Doctors meet up many times but we have never seen more than one Master at a time.
    *ahem* As already mentioned there is an audio titled The Two Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Judging by the background around the Master, I'm thinking that's probably the season finale he's appearing in.

Speaking of which, the strange, mummy-like individuals in the red cloaks in various filming pics (see link below), I'm wondering if they're the Cybermen (of the Tenth planet variety) without the masks, similar to the skeletons in "Dark Water". Moffat seems to portray the Cybermen as very zombie-like lately, so I wouldn't be surprised. They also bear a resemblance to the corpse-like Master seen during the Tom Baker years, and since we know the Master is involved, maybe there's some kind of connection there too.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...ing-series-10/
    You know, that sort of looks like the oracle from "the fires of pompeii." What ever happened to the pyroviles?