Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Teen Titans Tower
    Posts
    4,297

    Default The Bane Appreciation

    I canīt understand why there is not one BANE APPRECIATION here, I put these words in internet and nothing..

    bane_breaks_batman_comparison.jpg

    I BREAK YOU..

    dc-comics-bane-premium-format-figure-sideshow.jpg

    DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I am not a joke. I am not a riddle! I am not a bird or a cat or a penguin! I'm not a scarecrow or a plant or a puppet! I am not your broken friend! I am not your regretful teacher! I am not a child's fairy tale! I am not a circus act here to amuse and frighten you! I am not another of your madmen howling at the moon! And I... I am not... I am not some rich boy playing dress-up! I am BANE !


    The real reason because I started this topic is this topic of newsarama BANE Is A Blessing As BATMAN/TMNT II's FREDDIE WILLIAMS II Loves Drawing 'Muscles & Sinew':

    https://www.newsarama.com/37582-batm...re-s-bane.html

    Maybe... I BREAK YOU. Bane Appreciation was better name for this topic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-01-2017 at 02:26 AM.
    Waiting for Maya Ducard(aka Nobody) and RSOB return
    Waiting for the first Damian girlfriend..
    Waiting for one Steph&Cass comic..

  2. #2
    THE DOCTOR Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The TARDIS
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    I always liked Bane. When he's in the right hands he is off the page awesome. Great idea for a thread and your right. It should have already existed.
    "I would call you a genius except I'm in the room." THE DOCTOR

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Huh surprised he doesn't have one. Well he's showing up in Conquest, TMNT crossover starting next week and in Telltale Batman. Seems to be a good year for Bane.

  4. #4
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Teen Titans Tower
    Posts
    4,297

    Bane, Battman and Robin in the TMNT images:

    Screen Shot 672.jpg

    Screen Shot 675.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-01-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    Waiting for Maya Ducard(aka Nobody) and RSOB return
    Waiting for the first Damian girlfriend..
    Waiting for one Steph&Cass comic..

  5. #5
    Fantastic Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Yessss, I’ve been waiting for this for months. I even thought of starting it, but I’m too lazy haha I’ll be doing some contributions in the near future
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    My favorite adapatations of Bane are Tom Hardy's performance in Dark Knight Rises, and JB Blanc's voice role in Arkham Origins.

    Both embrace the intellectual side of Bane and go far above the disheartening tendency to make him Diet Steroid Hulk. Hardy may not quite have the physical composition expected, but I have no problem sacrificing that for getting a cultured and erudite warrior.
    Co-Host of FranchiseWars podcast on ITunes with the Condor, which you can find in ITunes.
    Most recent episode: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI- Great? Good? Frustrating? All of the above!
    (Spoilers at 27:50, crazy rant about Finn at 1:02:40)
    https://www.buzzsprout.com/132209/61...spoiler-review

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Finally there is a Bane Appreciation thread I can add to my Latinos thread! I was surprised to see he didn't have one...
    NOT REMOVING UNTIL
    -Blue Beetle joins the Teen Titans
    -Static joins the Teen Titans
    -We get Young Justice Rebirth

  8. #8
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,661

    Default

    I am enjoying the Bane series right now, but I have to say, though the endings to I Am Suicide and I Am Bane don't really pay off as well, the parallels King drew between Bruce and Bane were really cool.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    284
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  10. #10
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Secret Six Bane is a very interesting take on the character. Not sure I completely buy how nice he is, but I understand the purpose of it. Plus, the Nicola Scott art was amazing!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    9,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    In general, like with most comic villains, I am not a fan of Bane. But damn if I don't bloody love Secret Six Bane!
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

    Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    I've actually always loved the idea that Bane, in a very skewed, twisted, and tragic way, has some innocence from his childhood left over that mixes with his pseudo-Nietzchean philosophy to create a disturbing dichotomy in his treatment of others. He will crush any opposition and kill any enemy, all to fulfill his search for self-gratification, but I can't see him acting truly debauched or depraved like other enemies. And I think some of that is an almost childlike pride in what he is; he won't kill Batman because his competitive spirit recognizes the Bat as the best measuring stick, and he won't kill children (at least directly) because why would he fear a child? If one is smart enough and dangerous enough to be like him, with a little shank in a teddy bear, that kid should be commended, not executed.

    And since his life was spent in deprivation, his love of the finer things is a genuine and sincere exploration of uncharted territory. He didn't have even passable beer or tequila in El Peņa Duro, so of course he's going to become a connoisseur of all beverages, and he's going to eat gigantic calorie-heavy meals prepared by master chefs. And since he went from king of a prison to king of Gotham in a few weeks, he has no idea what the actual social interaction of dating is like whenever you're just trying to finesse romance.

    Just don't give him the backstory and subplot of the Knightfall novelization...
    Co-Host of FranchiseWars podcast on ITunes with the Condor, which you can find in ITunes.
    Most recent episode: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI- Great? Good? Frustrating? All of the above!
    (Spoilers at 27:50, crazy rant about Finn at 1:02:40)
    https://www.buzzsprout.com/132209/61...spoiler-review

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Wait what happened in the Knightfall novelization? It was written by O'Neal right? I remember his Bane from Azrael series and I thought it was the best Bane story I ever read. Though admittedly his Bane is far more brutal than any version by any other version save the one Tynion wrote in Talon. No other writer has been able to capture that feeling of dread and hopelessness standing next to Bane than O'Neal.

  14. #14
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I've actually always loved the idea that Bane, in a very skewed, twisted, and tragic way, has some innocence from his childhood left over that mixes with his pseudo-Nietzchean philosophy to create a disturbing dichotomy in his treatment of others. He will crush any opposition and kill any enemy, all to fulfill his search for self-gratification, but I can't see him acting truly debauched or depraved like other enemies. And I think some of that is an almost childlike pride in what he is; he won't kill Batman because his competitive spirit recognizes the Bat as the best measuring stick, and he won't kill children (at least directly) because why would he fear a child? If one is smart enough and dangerous enough to be like him, with a little shank in a teddy bear, that kid should be commended, not executed.

    And since his life was spent in deprivation, his love of the finer things is a genuine and sincere exploration of uncharted territory. He didn't have even passable beer or tequila in El Peņa Duro, so of course he's going to become a connoisseur of all beverages, and he's going to eat gigantic calorie-heavy meals prepared by master chefs. And since he went from king of a prison to king of Gotham in a few weeks, he has no idea what the actual social interaction of dating is like whenever you're just trying to finesse romance.

    Just don't give him the backstory and subplot of the Knightfall novelization...
    Oh, interesting - do share! I've thought about reading the Knightfall novel, but haven't really gone for it yet. What does O'Neil do with Bane?

    I do agree that Bane has moments of tenderness and honor, as well as a sense of wanting to be a connoisseur rather than a gormand. In the current Bane series, he's been tripped up by his weird romantic notions about Catwoman and the main Hydra agent.

    I definitely don't see him the way Tomasi wrote him in the Bane Villains Month one-shot, where he's basically just a generic super evil sadistic monster, killing his own minions because he's stronger than them.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  15. #15
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    In general, like with most comic villains, I am not a fan of Bane. But damn if I don't bloody love Secret Six Bane!
    He is quite lovable!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Wait what happened in the Knightfall novelization? It was written by O'Neal right? I remember his Bane from Azrael series and I thought it was the best Bane story I ever read. Though admittedly his Bane is far more brutal than any version by any other version save the one Tynion wrote in Talon. No other writer has been able to capture that feeling of dread and hopelessness standing next to Bane than O'Neal.
    Now that sounds like a really great comic - which issues of Azrael were those?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •