Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 191
  1. #61
    Mighty Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    I liked the issue too. I loved how they were BOTH going to the same building and had different ways of getting there but they ended up in the same place.

    I both also liked how they talked to their significant others and how both of the ladies were encouraging them to talk to each other. I liked how it fit in with their personas as well; Lois was a tad bit bossy and firm. While Catwoman was a little bit more slinky and sensual.

    The art was really good. King gets to work with some really good artists.

    Was it me or did Lois and Catwoman looked a tad bit similar AND they also looked like Gotham Girl too!

  2. #62
    Mighty Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah I feel like the issue was showing batman and superman are similar to the point of their significant others which I thought was nice.
    Yeah I liked that too. Like their SOs fit them. I mean who else is going to listen to Bruce go and on about Supes AND break into an elevator shaft with him AND go flying in the night air like they both can fly? LOL!

    And Lois and Clark, well, they are Lois and Clark.

  3. #63
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I liked the issue too. I loved how they were BOTH going to the same building and had different ways of getting there but they ended up in the same place.

    I both also liked how they talked to their significant others and how both of the ladies were encouraging them to talk to each other. I liked how it fit in with their personas as well; Lois was a tad bit bossy and firm. While Catwoman was a little bit more slinky and sensual.

    The art was really good. King gets to work with some really good artists.

    Was it me or did Lois and Catwoman looked a tad bit similar AND they also looked like Gotham Girl too!
    I thought that the way Bruce and Clark talked about each other was the heart of the issue, and the way Lois and Selina held Clark and Bruce up to themselves was really well done.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  4. #64
    Mighty Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I thought that the way Bruce and Clark talked about each other was the heart of the issue, and the way Lois and Selina held Clark and Bruce up to themselves was really well done.
    King also showed a layer of vunarablity with them as well. Well not so much with Lois because she's Lois but if you noticed it was like Clark feeling like Bruce really doesn't consider him a friend. Cat was a little worried that Bruce was ashamed of her.

    And Bruce, in a way feeling like he is "unworthy" to be Clark's friend. As like, who is he to tell Clark his news. I thought that was very interesting.

  5. #65
    Spectacular Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Gotta love how both Selina and Lois point out how ridiculous Clark's secret identity is XD

  6. #66
    Always Rakzo
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    No way! Two good issues in a row!

    I quite digged the contrast King created between Batman and Superman while also depicting entertaining and surprising moments between them and their partners. The art was also pretty appropriate. Hope things continue this way (although considering King's track record...).

  7. #67
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Clark: "Vengeance is the night?"
    Bruce: "Up, Up and Away"
    Loved that scene

    This was a beautiful issue With a gorgeous art too !
    Superfriends is the right word to describe this issue
    It feels so good to see Batman/Superman friendship in such a warm and heartful way

  8. #68
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    218

    Default

    That was fun. I loved the whole page with them coming out of the elevators on the same floor. The imagery of Batman/Catwoman coming out of the dark and Superman/Lois coming out of the light. I loved the humour and pacing too especially batman's surprise that superman and Lois took the elevator (with very suitable reasoning by Superman), batman's self confident reasoning for why Superman didn't see him (really it was because Superman probably wasn't looking, but I guess if he wouldn't expect someone to be in the elevator shaft then MAYBE Batman is right to claim the credit...) and the pause before the final "hi I'm lois".

  9. #69
    Mighty Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Bruce is so emotional when it comes to Clark, lol! #SuperBat

  10. #70
    Amazing Member Batman1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    What a great issue!!!! Much better than what I was expecting. I really enjoyed the interactions between Clark & Lois and Bruce & Selina, looking forward to the next issue. I loved the way each caped hero described the other. And the art was glorious, Clay & Seth Mann keep getting better
    TOTALLY AGREE. AWESOME ISSUE, and to all those who don't want Selina in Bruce's life, much less married, to you I say, GET OVER IT!!! Because for right now, it works. Tomorrow, who knows, PROBABLY not that long. However, Bruce and Selina, NEED each other, and what's so wrong with Bruce Wayne being married, NOTHING, I say. JUST MY OPINION.

    This storyline needs to continue on and on, at least till the next reboot, anyway. Hopefully, DC isn't doing this anytime soon.

    ITS a GREAT time to be a BATMAN FAN!!!
    Last edited by Batman1970; 12-06-2017 at 10:58 AM.

  11. #71
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Yeah I liked that too. Like their SOs fit them. I mean who else is going to listen to Bruce go and on about Supes AND break into an elevator shaft with him AND go flying in the night air like they both can fly? LOL!

    And Lois and Clark, well, they are Lois and Clark.
    This has been my favorite thing about Catwoman in this arc, how King has played up her ability to just roll with things and not care.

  12. #72
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,759

    Default

    Damn, King is really starting to hit his stride with Batman. This issue was delightful.

  13. #73
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    13,861

    Default

    LOVED this issue. I like how it was sort of a side by side comparison of Clark & Lois' relationship to Bruce and Selina's. So cool.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

  14. #74
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    13,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE. AWESOME ISSUE, and to all those who don't want Selina in Bruce's life, much less married, to you I say, GET OVER IT!!! Because for right now, it works. Tomorrow, who knows, PROBABLY not that long. However, Bruce and Selina, NEED each other, and what's so wrong with Bruce Wayne being married, NOTHING, I say. JUST MY OPINION.

    This storyline needs to continue on and on, at least till the next reboot, anyway. Hopefully, DC isn't doing this anytime soon.

    ITS a GREAT time to be a BATMAN FAN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    This has been my favorite thing about Catwoman in this arc, how King has played up her ability to just roll with things and not care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Damn, King is really starting to hit his stride with Batman. This issue was delightful.
    I agree with all of you. This was a amazing issue!
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

  15. #75
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    688

    Default

    This issue was awesome, made me happy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •