Results 1,771 to 1,778 of 1778

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    bUt X-mEn MoViEs ArE aRt CiNeMa
    This is sassiness on another scale and I am here for it

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Y'all realize Taratino is Selina right?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Has anyone really considered that even once the acquisition goes though, X-Men films could still be made by 20th Century Fox, but still be in the MCU with some overview by Feige?

So this argument would be moot.

Only person from FOX I see still working on X-MEN films is LSD. Deadpool writers could be getting the job but most likely Infinity War writers will write X-MEN 1.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No: it'd be a subsidiary unless Disney decided otherwise. Lucasfilm still exists, after all.
    Very poor comparison. Keep in mind that Fox doesn't own the rights to X-Men the same way Warners does with something like say Batman. Warners owns the whole DC library while Fox only rents the film rights that were licensed from Marvel. If Fox and Sony don't meet a certain deadline then the rights have will revert back to Marvel as they don't actually own them. Star Wars is a very different animal since the film rights originated at Lucasfilm and it wouldn't have mattered whether Disney had purchased Lucasfilm and had Lucasfilm continued to not make Star Wars films for long period of time; Lucasfilm would still own the rights.

Why would Disney let another studio that they may own to exist to produce films of their intellectual property(Marvel) when they already have one? If Marvel Studios(which is way bigger than the Fox-X-brand mind you) exist and have already proven time and time again that they are best at making comic book films, or the very least consistent then don't you think that if you're Bob Iger you let Kevin Fiege have complete control over them rather then letting a studio that's track record is rather shaky at best keep making Marvel films that's separate from the much more successful Marvel Studios universe?

Also this.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; Yesterday at 07:44 PM.
    "Recast Trump with Christopher Plummer immediately"

--David Ehrlich

Selena's posts have me between this...

and

I spoke to jaddor yesterday
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Logan. The drama is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical westerns most of the snikts will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Logan nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Mark Millar literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these drama, to realize that they're not just interesting- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Logan truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Logan signature onomatopoeia "Snikt" which itself is a cryptic reference to Nabokov's Russian epic Pale Fire. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as James Mangold's genius unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Logan tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Ike Perlmutter hasn't had say in Marvel Studios since August of 2015 so please learn another tune.
    Spiderman Homecoming, GOTG 2, Dr Strange and Thor Ragnarok came after and things took a turning not for the better.

Also it's very fair you can't complain about Disney not doing a R rated X-MEN when your saviors at Fox never have.
    Deadpool and Logan were R Rated.
    Last edited by Tarantino; Yesterday at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Spiderman Homecoming, GOTG 2, Dr Strange and Thor Ragnarok came after and things took a turning not for the better.

Deadpool and Logan were R Rated.
    All good movies Thor Ragnarok was my favorite comic book movie of 2017 with GOTG Vol. 2 a close 2nd. Deadpool had to leak test footage and take a budget cuts for that R rating and Logan also took budget cuts so let's not act like Fox wasn't kicking and screaming when making those and they're not the main team they don't even have the name X-Men in their title those films the main series have never done an R rated movie. Also it's ironic to complain about humor and then point to Deadpool a excellent fun film filled with humor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I spoke to jaddor yesterday
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Logan. The drama is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical westerns most of the snikts will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Logan nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Mark Millar literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these drama, to realize that they're not just interesting- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Logan truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Logan signature onomatopoeia "Snikt" which itself is a cryptic reference to Nabokov's Russian epic Pale Fire. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as James Mangold's genius unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Logan tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

This is gonna sound super-weird but I read all that in Tommy Wiseauís voice for some reason.
    "Recast Trump with Christopher Plummer immediately"

--David Ehrlich