Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Amazing Member WarrenPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    69

    Default How Tough Is Drax

    How durable is MCU Drax the Destroyer? Who can he take a beating from and how much of a beating can he take before the laughter stops?
    "Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child."-Thanos GotG

  2. #2

    Default

    Honestly he is up there with the best of them post his 2nd movie. He was dragged at hundreds (thousands?) of mph through a forest behind a crashing spaceship ping pong bouncing off of trees, splitting them as he went. Dude was 100% fine. Just laughing because he literally thought it was awesome.

    I figure Thor and Hulk could perform similar but its significant. I doubt they would be laughing at any rate :P
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Honestly he is up there with the best of them post his 2nd movie. He was dragged at hundreds (thousands?) of mph through a forest behind a crashing spaceship ping pong bouncing off of trees, splitting them as he went. Dude was 100% fine. Just laughing because he literally thought it was awesome.

    I figure Thor and Hulk could perform similar but its significant. I doubt they would be laughing at any rate :P
    I can definitely see Hulk doing similar. In fact, I see him doing better. Thor too but not as good as Hulk. Having said that, I don't think Drax will last very long against either Hulk or Thor.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    164

    Default

    I remember seeing a few debates on battledome wiki, naruto forums, the blogs, twitter and comicvine they were pretty sure he outclassed Cap America and might beat Steppenwolf I was surprised but they were backing up their posts with clips and scans and gifs from Flickr, tinypic, tumblr etc

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ze+%288%29.gif

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...e+%2810%29.gif

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...e+%2811%29.gif

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...6062009-05.gif

    For the record I do not think he's more powerful than DCEU Steppenwolf

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I can definitely see Hulk doing similar. In fact, I see him doing better. Thor too but not as good as Hulk. Having said that, I don't think Drax will last very long against either Hulk or Thor.
    Yeah, he may have some parity with them from a durability perspective, but offensively, his feats are still lacking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Drax'd have to be pretty tough to walk for miles inside a pit of danger. Alone, no less.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    I remember seeing a few debates on battledome wiki, naruto forums, the blogs, twitter and comicvine they were pretty sure he outclassed Cap America and might beat Steppenwolf I was surprised but they were backing up their posts with clips and scans and gifs from Flickr, tinypic, tumblr etc

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ze+%288%29.gif

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...e+%2810%29.gif

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...e+%2811%29.gif

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...6062009-05.gif

    For the record I do not think he's more powerful than DCEU Steppenwolf
    Well, I mean, if you take what was stated as Gospel, it's a given Drax is in Hulk/Thor tier durability.
    What do I mean? It was note in aj interview that "The Other" Ronan one shotted with his hammer was comprable/ above Loki. By extension, I'd figure Drax having not been one shotted jumps him up the ranks. I guess there's also the fact Yondu's arrow didn't go competely threw him when it was shown tearing through meters of rock and so on...

    Btw- isn't vision currently the most durable character in MCU?
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 12-06-2017 at 07:07 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Does Vision have ANY durability feats?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

  9. #9

    Default

    He got shoved through the ground I guess
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He got shoved through the ground I guess

  11. #11

    Default

    Awesome as that was, deleted scenes are non canon.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

  12. #12
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    7,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Does Vision have ANY durability feats?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He got shoved through the ground I guess
    He's also partially composed of Vibranium, so ... there should be some leeway as far as how durable his face is.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,781

    Default

    At the airport scene somebody tossed a bus or something at Vision and he simply braced for the impact and the bus broke into two pieces when it slammed against him while didn't even flinch.

  14. #14
    Incredible Member moonknight11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    966

    Default

    What I'm wondering is how strong does Nebula have to be to drag Drax while he's slamming through all those trees.

    Edit: I mistook Nebula for Gamora, but they're peers so I bet Gamora can scale off that feat.

  15. #15
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    7,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    What I'm wondering is how strong does Nebula have to be to drag Drax while he's slamming through all those trees.

    Edit: I mistook Nebula for Gamora, but they're peers so I bet Gamora can scale off that feat.
    It doesn't fix the acting performance!
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •