Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253

Yeah, there's a story somewhere there that hasn't been told 100% about how Snoke, Ren, Hux etc. sort of overthrew the First Order's original leadership, mainly composed of aging Imperial officers (Sloane, Armitage etc.) and made it their own thing, although there are still some old Imperials still in it's ranks-Captain Canady, the Dreadnought captain, for instance (Who thinks Hux made a blunder by not scrambling the TIEs earlier to take out Poe's ship).

About the Rey's third lesson scene, one thing I liked a lot is that Luke's laugh sounds very "Jokery" when he says "I'm sorry, you just ran so fast!"
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-10-2018 at 05:29 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, there's a story somewhere there that hasn't been told 100% about how Snoke, Ren, Hux etc. sort of overthrew the First Order's original leadership, mainly composed of aging Imperial officers (Sloane, Armitage etc.) and made it their own thing, although there are still some old Imperials still in it's ranks-Captain Canady, the Dreadnought captain, for instance (Who thinks Hux made a blunder by not scrambling the TIEs earlier to take out Poe's ship).
    Hux should have listened!

I do hope they mention what a blow the Supremacy's loss was in the next film. That could explain evening the playing field a bit.

As for the story of the First Order, I suspect they'll leave themselves some wiggle room until Episode IX and then flesh it out in novels.

About the Rey's third lesson scene, one thing I liked a lot is that Luke's laugh sounds very "Jokery" when he says "I'm sorry, you just ran so fast!"
    I really liked that moment. I know some people perceived it as Luke being an unlikable ass, but I thought it was quite the opposite. It's Luke finding joy in something, if only for a moment, even if it's mischief.

The novel adds even more context than the deleted scene--Luke invites Rey to dance with him at the Caretakers' party. I thought that was a really brilliant, human touch.
    Last edited by David Walton; 04-10-2018 at 05:58 AM.

I wound't say the Supremacy's a total loss-it can possibly be repaired. The other ships which we've seen take creepling blows but not totally wind up destroyed I think have been Greivous's flagship which sort of fell apart in stages, and Executor of course but that's largely because it lost control of it's orbit and crashed directly into the DS (If there was no DS around pulling it it probably would've drifted or-like we see in TLJ with the Raddus-have operations be transferred to a second bridge) I'm pretty sure some of the smaller Destroyers are pretty much toast. (It's not clear if Finalizer-Ren's personal destroyer-was among them)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Last jedi kills it in DVD and Blu-ray sales.

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news...ts-1202748275/

So originally the argument was that box office didn't really show just how much this movie was hated because lots of people saw it once, but they still hated it so didn't come back. I'll love to hear the upcoming rationalizations for why its now selling like hot cakes on home media for repeat consumption.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs