Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16

    Default

    Edit: Matt, what happened to your post count?!
    New thought: I think I'll write another letter because of this one

    I follow you guys on the boards all the time, but I don't really post much. Please write letters, no matter which lettercol or comic book they are to. The long standing tradition of editors publishing unsolicited letters from comics fans must live on!

  2. #17
    Mighty Member Angilasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    This was classic Mignola, classic Hellboy, and a hell of a holiday treat. That bittersweet note at the end? Just right.


    PS - Will the story be included in the chronological omnibuses next year?

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    This was classic Mignola, classic Hellboy, and a hell of a holiday treat. That bittersweet note at the end? Just right.


    PS - Will the story be included in the chronological omnibuses next year?
    No, it won't. It is destined for a future Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. trade.

  4. #19
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    65

    Default

    What an amazing story. We really missed good old Mignola!

    Also, am I right, that this story and Mood Swings both happen on Christmas Eve?
    I guess, the year of event of KRAMPUNSNACHT is not correct.

  5. #20

    Default

    Enjoyed it immensely.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    What an amazing story. We really missed good old Mignola!

    Also, am I right, that this story and Mood Swings both happen on Christmas Eve?
    I guess, the year of event of KRAMPUNSNACHT is not correct.
    Krampusnacht was set on December 22 (72 hours prior to Christmas Day), Mood Swings was set on December 24, and the last few pages of Krampusnacht were on December 25.

  7. #22
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Oh, thanks! Missed that "seventy-two hours later" line.
    Though I find Liz surprise reaction to Hellboy story strange, when she had an encounter with bloodthirsty snowmen less than day ago.

  8. #23
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,193

    Default

    Is this the first time that Adam Hughes illustrated a Hellboy story?

    (The GCD shows he had a Hellboy illustration published in Dark Horse Twenty Years back in 2006.)

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    He's drawn Hellboy, for a pin up, I think? But he's never done a sequential piece.

  10. #25
    The Claw of Justice! LobsterJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    479

    Default

    This was fantastic. There's nothing better than Mignola writing Hellboy. And the twist with Krampus's identity was a great idea.

    I noticed that the souls escaping from Krampus's house looked like birds. Have we seen this before? I know it was used in Baltimore but I don't recall it in the Hellboy universe.

    The standout part was the 1832 sequence. Tragic and horrifying.
    Last edited by LobsterJohnson; 04-10-2018 at 01:17 PM.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    This was fantastic. There's nothing better than Mignola writing Hellboy. And the twist with Krampus's identity was a great idea.

    I noticed that the souls escaping from Krampus's house looked like birds. Have we seen this before? I know it was used in Baltimore but I don't recall it in the Hellboy universe.

    The standout part was the 1832 sequence. Tragic and horrifying.
    The birds for souls was used in Hellboy: The Island and throughout Hellboy in Hell.

  12. #27
    The Claw of Justice! LobsterJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    The birds for souls was used in Hellboy: The Island and throughout Hellboy in Hell.
    Thanks. I've gotta reread Hellboy, I've forgotten too many details.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    The birds for souls was used in Hellboy: The Island and throughout Hellboy in Hell.
    Also at the end of The Storm and The Fury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •