Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Idris Elba is the answer to play everyone. But Heimdall is still alive and isnt a CGI character. I dont think marvel would reuse him.

On fatman on batman Kevin Smith suggested Elba play batman next lol i was with it untill marc made a good point. Part od beuce waynes mythology is the waynes come from old money on the northeast. Thats kinda a strcitly white experience.

Anyway i think Elba is a actor who you can racebend for and have the least amount of backlash.
    This. Elba would have been a good Reed, but to avoid confusion, I don't think he can be Reed in the MCU.

I think Zachary Quinto would be a good Reed and Joseph Gordon Levitt or Daniel Kaluuya would make a good Johnny Storm. Oddly, I thought Zoe Saldana might make a good Sue Storm. I know she is already Gamora, but she would look vastly different without the make up that she could play both parts. She is one of the few people that could pull off two rolls in the MCU.

Ben is a bit harder. The actor needs to look like a filled out grown man. Maybe Vince Vaughn. He is a big guy and can convincing look like he is a tough guy and former air force.

Fantastic Member

Also, Kristen Bell would make a pretty good sue and Colin Ferguson might make a good Ben.

Also, if we are going by looks, I think Johnny Galecki might make a good wolverine. I saw a picture of him with a beard and he looked rugged. Plus he is short and stocky. He just needs to bulk up a bit more and he would at least look the part. I don't know if he has the acting ability though. Hugh Jackman could look intimidating. I never watched the big bang theory, but I remember Rosanne and he always seems to play the opposite of Wolverine. It would be quite a different role for him.

On the other hand, Daniel Radcliff could also take the role, but from the harry potter movies, he never really had that anger look down. Also the voice is a bit squeaky.
    Last edited by Acecool; 01-03-2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Adding wolverine casting

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    This. Elba would have been a good Reed, but to avoid confusion, I don't think he can be Reed in the MCU.

I think Zachary Quinto would be a good Reed and Joseph Gordon Levitt or Daniel Kaluuya would make a good Johnny Storm. Oddly, I thought Zoe Saldana might make a good Sue Storm. I know she is already Gamora, but she would look vastly different without the make up that she could play both parts. She is one of the few people that could pull off two rolls in the MCU.

Ben is a bit harder. The actor needs to look like a filled out grown man. Maybe Vince Vaughn. He is a big guy and can convincing look like he is a tough guy and former air force.
    Zoe would make a terrible Sue. Completely terrible. Worst casting choice ever. Sue is supposed to be the quintessential mother of a super-hero family. Zoe is too wild and physical to play that. So now not only people don't mind changing the look of character but they go what the Hell let's cast someone that has nothing to do with the original. That's genius stuff right there. How about Statham playing the Watcher, yea why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Zoe would make a terrible Sue. Completely terrible. Worst casting choice ever. Sue is supposed to be the quintessential mother of a super-hero family. Zoe is too wild and physical to play that. So now not only people don't mind changing the look of character but they go what the Hell let's cast someone that has nothing to do with the original. That's genius stuff right there. How about Statham playing the Watcher, yea why not.
    I don't think you quite grok how this whole 'acting' thing works.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think you quite grok how this whole 'acting' thing works.
    Oh you can have anybody play anything. But I have not seen anything from her work that screams Sue Storm. So someone coming up with an idea as such better have an explanation. At least to make me understand how the connection came about. Was it from Star Trek? Columbiana? GotG? The Losers? lol

I mean sure Tom Hanks could play Punisher. But do I see it? No. More importantly do I want to see it? Definitely no.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I don't know if you've ever had a mother. Mothers are strong. Mothers are willing to get down in the trenches. Sue is the strongest character on the team, not some doting damsel in distress. She needs to be played by some one that can project strength. Zoe has played that role in every movie she is in.

Also, I noticed that the only actor you seemed to have a problem with is the one that has played a super hero.

start bringing in individual characters selectively. They can start with the Fantastic Four characters who can most easily merge into the mainstream MCU. They can be introduced in an Avengers group movie or an individual hero film. Bypass the origin. They're here, we know the basics. Casting is extremely important. Make CGI the basis for Ben Grimm. Cast a younger group for the FF members.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

If fans don't care how sloppily Spider-man was introduced in civil war, they won't care how they introduced anyone else lol. Just keeping it 100 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    I don't know if you've ever had a mother. Mothers are strong. Mothers are willing to get down in the trenches. Sue is the strongest character on the team, not some doting damsel in distress. She needs to be played by some one that can project strength. Zoe has played that role in every movie she is in.

Also, I noticed that the only actor you seemed to have a problem with is the one that has played a super hero.
    You confuse inner strenght with physical strengh which are two different elements.

Sue is strong but she is not a Kung Fu chick.

I was raised by a single mother with many children, I know what real motherly strenght is all about.

Sue is about care, wisdom, strenght. And grace. I'm not sure who could play that, though.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 01-08-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    If fans don't care how sloppily Spider-man was introduced in civil war, they won't care how they introduced anyone else lol. Just keeping it 100 lol
    I liked the way he was introduced. Injected some fun into the movie. I guess the idea of tony enlisting a kid bothered some ppl but he wasnt fighting Hydra he was fighting ppl Tony knew werent gonna try and kill anyone. I think Tchalla was the only one really trying to hurt anyone.

I think it would worked better if they showed Tony had an eye on alot powered ppl and Vigilantes. Instead of just pulling spidey out his ass because of a Youtube video. Or just have a list and he brings up the one that says Peter Parker. Have DD/JJ/LC on there and some other randoms on there aswell. So instead of random its more like Tony playing big brother with the powered community.

Spider-Man's introduction in Civil War was great. No complaints at all.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think it would worked better if they showed Tony had an eye on alot powered ppl and Vigilantes. Instead of just pulling spidey out his ass because of a Youtube video. Or just have a list and he brings up the one that says Peter Parker. Have DD/JJ/LC on there and some other randoms on there aswell.
    I think that was an intentionally missed opportunity imo.

Except it wasn't sloppy. It made sense from a storytelling perspective, on a lot of levels, and was really well executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I think that was an intentionally missed opportunity imo.
    Yea coulda been a cool bit of Easter Eggs to have peter on a list that looked like this

Matt Murdoch
    Mark Spectre
    Robert Reynolds
    Luke Cage
    Maya Lopez
    Peter Parker
    jessica Drew
    Marcus Mitlon
    Jessica Jones
    Eric Brooks
    Etc...... Just coulda be a fun bit of easter eggs and made Spidey seem less random but they still handled it well imo

There seems to be an alternate version of Tony Stark in the set-photos of Avengers 4. So maybe reality warping?
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall