Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Integrating Fox and the MCU

I saw the thread on the merger of Fox and marvel. This thread is about the theories people have on how to integrate the x-men, fantastic four, etc... into the marvel cinematic universe.

What are your theories or how would you like to see it done?

Fantastic four I think would be easy, the tougher nut is the x-men.

Amazing Member

Fan4 are terrible, keep them out of the Marvel movie verse. I could see however a number of Mutants/Xmen working good in MCU

FF yes you could move them right into the MCU with no problem.

The mutants no. Trying to slide them into the movieverse the way it is set up now would just be a total mess. I would just keep the mutants in their own movieverse unless they are planning to just restart everything then you could join the two together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

The mutants no. Trying to slide them into the movieverse the way it is set up now would just be a total mess. I would just keep the mutants in their own movieverse unless they are planning to just restart everything then you could join the two together.
    Mutants wouldnt be hard at all as long as you reboot. You have people like Xavier wiping memories and keeping everything under wraps. Then you just say muatants are now starting too boom and theyre are too many for Charles and others to keep under wraps. You can even say the Gvmt knew and was also keeping it a secret even blaming some mutant attacks on Inhumans. Then you can retroactively put ppl like Wolverine in Caps history.
    Wanda and Pietro can be explained as having a dormant X gene that the mind stone actiavted.

Its really not a stretch but you have to reboot and have mutants be a secret. They cant have been public knowledge since the 60s. You just have a big incident like that happen now and Xavier cant wipe that many minds.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaRayThrill View Post
    Fan4 are terrible, keep them out of the Marvel movie verse. I could see however a number of Mutants/Xmen working good in MCU
    Yea i dont agree when written well i love the F4. The Thing is one of my favorite charatcers and i love when he pop up in other books like the New Avengers. Plus id love to see Mr Fantastic make Tony looks like a moron. Hes the one guy in the Marvel universe everyone agrees is the smartest. They will argue about what hero comes 2nd Tchalla/Banner/Stark/Pym/Beast/Cho etc... So in most big comic event Reed serves a big purpose.

Im hoping they start relaunching Xmen and f4 cartoons now. Get kinds into then while we wait however long till they can appear in the MCU. 18months or what not

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

^

Yes, bringing the FF into the MCU would be easy and it would be great to finally get a good version of the FF.

And agreed, bringing mutants into the current MCU would be a nightmare. Granted the movies are totally ignoring Agents of Shield and the prolific and overwhelmingly significant events happening with Inhumans in the world and this merger all but guarantees that the Inhumans will never see the light of day in the movies now.

You could introduce mutants as a rare breed living in secret and just starting to become known, nothing to do with what's happened in the X-Men movies. An MCU version of of Xavier, Magneto and so on. But we've already lost the possibility of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch being mutants. It's definitely better to just wait for what I call a reboot that pretends to not be a reboot to introduce them. Along the lines of the current Star Trek movies and "Days of Future Past", maybe Avengers 3 and 4 will include at least a soft reboot.
    Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn’t just save people, he made them see the best part of themselves.

Hmmmm....just brainstorming here.

Sabretooth making an appearance in Iron Fist.

Hulk vs Juggernaut. Thing vs Colossus.

Deadpool leaving Tony Stark totally speechless after a barrage of insults.

Black Widow tracking down Psylocke.

Spidey hanging out with the X Men.

Drax pointing and laughing at Silver Surfer's "nakedness".
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    ^

Yes, bringing the FF into the MCU would be easy and it would be great to finally get a good version of the FF.

And agreed, bringing mutants into the current MCU would be a nightmare. Granted the movies are totally ignoring Agents of Shield and the prolific and overwhelmingly significant events happening with Inhumans in the world and this merger all but guarantees that the Inhumans will never see the light of day in the movies now.

You could introduce mutants as a rare breed living in secret and just starting to become known, nothing to do with what's happened in the X-Men movies. An MCU version of of Xavier, Magneto and so on. But we've already lost the possibility of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch being mutants. It's definitely better to just wait for what I call a reboot that pretends to not be a reboot to introduce them. Along the lines of the current Star Trek movies and "Days of Future Past", maybe Avengers 3 and 4 will include at least a soft reboot.
    Yes, Fantastic Four is pretty easy. They go up in the rocket, hit with rays, blah blah, boom FF. It can happen anytime.

For the X-Men, what if we went with Xavier starting his school. The concept is simply not there. Some mutants are being categorized as Inhumans until someone finally makes the distinction. I'm trying to recall the plot for Giant Size X-Men number 1 where the team all died. I don't know if I would go that route in a movie or not. But Xavier is getting his first or second team together.
    “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
    ― Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

"That's the problem with our opposition – they keep thinking nobody could possibly be as stupid as we are. Fools 'em every time."
    ―Lando Calrissian[src]

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Mutants wouldnt be hard at all as long as you reboot. You have people like Xavier wiping memories and keeping everything under wraps. Then you just say muatants are now starting too boom and theyre are too many for Charles and others to keep under wraps. You can even say the Gvmt knew and was also keeping it a secret even blaming some mutant attacks on Inhumans. Then you can retroactively put ppl like Wolverine in Caps history.
    Wanda and Pietro can be explained as having a dormant X gene that the mind stone actiavted.

Its really not a stretch but you have to reboot and have mutants be a secret. They cant have been public knowledge since the 60s. You just have a big incident like that happen now and Xavier cant wipe that many minds.
    Xavier wiping people's memory of mutants or the X-Men is a pretty interesting idea. It goes along with the X-Men being a sort of secret cabal for so many years in the comics.

There are many ways to bring the X-Men along. You could also do the simple epic crossover where one side goes to the other's Universe. With the last X-Men under Fox being about Dark Phoenix, you could have Disney finance one last act of the movie where Phoenix is uncontrolable and manage to destroy their entire Universe but a few X-Men manage to escape into another Universe. Thanos discover Dark Phoenix and lure her into an alliance to beat the Avengers.

The X-Men coming to this Universe triggers a sort of disease that gives normal human powers, people are giving birth to mutants, etc... X-Men are blamed for it and they become sudden outcast.

With FF I think it's all about Doom. You have him appear in Avengers 4 and he whips the floor with everybody. Then Reed shows up as this scientist that knows Victor. And he helps defeat him. At the end of the movie, Doom escapes, Reed and his friends run after him in a spaceshift, he lures them into a cosmic ray showers. They crash on Earth and are believed dead but then they started changing....end of Avengers 4. Leading into FF #1.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 12-15-2017 at 06:39 PM.

I've been saying this for awhile now. Have Wanda do it
    After the battle in infinity war give her her "No more" moment. Make it something like "No More Barriers" or what ever. Bright flash of light open up in New York with a scene out of Astonishing X-men #7 where the mutants are fighting one of mole mans giant creatures, except make it the avengers, have an x-team and the ff show up in the middle of the fight. The three teams take out the beast shake hands and promise to see each other around.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Xavier wiping people's memory of mutants or the X-Men is a pretty interesting idea. It goes along with the X-Men being a sort of secret cabal for so many years in the comics.

There are many ways to bring the X-Men along. You could also do the simple epic crossover where one side goes to the other's Universe. With the last X-Men under Fox being about Dark Phoenix, you could have Disney finance one last act of the movie where Phoenix is uncontrolable and manage to destroy their entire Universe but a few X-Men manage to escape into another Universe. Thanos discover Dark Phoenix and lure her into an alliance to beat the Avengers.

The X-Men coming to this Universe triggers a sort of disease that gives normal human powers, people are giving birth to mutants, etc... X-Men are blamed for it and they become sudden outcast.

With FF I think it's all about Doom. You have him appear in Avengers 4 and he whips the floor with everybody. Then Reed shows up as this scientist that knows Victor. And he helps defeat him. At the end of the movie, Doom escapes, Reed and his friends run after him in a spaceshift, he lures them into a cosmic ray showers. They crash on Earth and are believed dead but then they started changing....end of Avengers 4. Leading into FF #1.
    Xavier has done it before in the comics and was a big part of the intro in Xmen evolution. He changes the entire audience at a footballs games memories of an event.

Inhumans are the perfect intro. As a stinger for a moive you have a prison guard leading a guy down a special prison. And he says someting like

Guard : Yea we caught this Inhuman on a murder spree in a remote part of Canada

Guy revealed to be Trask :He not an inhuman

guard : then what is he?
    Trask. Evolution..

And then reveal Sabretooth or any other mutant you would like to sub in
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-15-2017 at 06:59 PM.

FF are more realistic now than ever in the idea of private individuals going up in a rocket (though not to "beat the Commies to the moon") and getting into trouble.

Don't they have to recast most everyone anyway since most of the big stars' contracts are up? Just restart it all from scratch where we begin their origins again (but not necessarily with "origin movies") where they all exist in the same universe. If there are any holdovers like Dr Strange or Spidey, change up their look a bit but just keep rollin' on. I feel like people can keep up.

When they rebooted "Star Trek" I felt the worst part was them trying to shoe-horn in old Spock just to explain the alternate timeline thing. It slowed the main plot and it just became weird seeing him with the new cast that was clearly not younger versions of the originals. End Avengers 4 with a Crisis type universal reset and let the combined universe start anew.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    FF are more realistic now than ever in the idea of private individuals going up in a rocket (though not to "beat the Commies to the moon") and getting into trouble.
    Yea i hope when we do meet them they are already the F4 and have just been stuck out there having space adventures. Maybe have them cameo in GoTG 3 for a breif second then have them come home in theyre own movie. Theyre origin isnt something thats a must see. Treat them how they did with spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Will that mean we'll see "Reed Richards as Elon Musk"? ... although anything is better than Dr Doom as internet troll....