Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Maybe MJ is the Red Goblin.

-Pav, who is just spitballing...
    I wouldn't put in past those in charge of Marvel okaying such a change, recast, well, whatever. Although part of me would be amused I would hesitate to greenlight such a character modification if in a position of power at the company. We all know there is litte doubt such an act would prove highly divisive among the fanbase, to put it mildly. Making such a bold move I suspect is ill advised especially so given the recent lag in sales of Marvel comics across the board.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

It would be amusing if the mystery of who Red Goblin is ends up being like Hobgoblin, with people being hyptonized or framed into being the Red Goblin, and then we learn that the one behind everything is... MJ, and she was able to do all of that because Roderick himself trained her on the times she worked for him, so the dumb plot twist is that MJ was working for Roderick all along, maybe it could be said they were lovers all this time too .

Maybe Red Goblin is Liz Allan since shes becoming a bit more Osborn-ish
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    It'd make sense for the Osborn family (Harry, Liz, and Norman) to all be Goblins going up against Peter and his "family"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Maybe MJ is the Red Goblin.

-Pav, who is just spitballing...
    Hopefully not, but in fairness Pav you're not the only one who've mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I wouldn't put in past those in charge of Marvel okaying such a change, recast, well, whatever. Although part of me would be amused I would hesitate to greenlight such a character modification if in a position of power at the company. We all know there is litte doubt such an act would prove highly divisive among the fanbase, to put it mildly. Making such a bold move I suspect is ill advised especially so given the recent lag in sales of Marvel comics across the board.
    Unless it was just for that story? But yeah, as a big MJ fan I wouldn't like it if it was her that ended up being the Red Goblin unless it was just for the story perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Never thought of that.

It'll be interesting if this is a one-off villain, or a potential recurring character.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It'll be interesting if this is a one-off villain, or a potential recurring character.
    Or maybe a one-off villain who then becomes recurring under another writter, this is comic books after all lol.

Another possibility for Red Goblin's identity, someone related to Thaddeus Ross, after all, first Red Hulk was him, Red She-Hulk is his daughter, so let's have a new member for this "Red" family :P

I think Red Goblin's mileage will depend a lot on who it is and exactly what kind of context the character exists from.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Red Goblin's mileage will depend a lot on who it is and exactly what kind of context the character exists from.
    Yeah, does the character work long-term and will future writers want to write about him (and readers want to buy stories about him).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

No matter who it is, the character/identity won't last for an extended period. We have already have like 20 other Goblins and we only use the same 2. As for a "Goblin family" with both Osborns and Liz, we've already had that basic premise with.. seriously what was the name of Harry's ex that Norman also slept with? Menace? That wasn't a team up, but involved the same basic dynamics. Harry, his ex, his father, all while Harry is trying to live a normal life.
    Last edited by darthblinx; 01-11-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Grammar

All-New Member

I think Red Goblin will either be Peter Parker, or more likely the forgotten son of Norman & Gwen.

Fantastic Member

Well at least Pete's sister found a name for herself.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I wonder what happened to the Proto-Goblin:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Well at least Pete's sister found a name for herself.
    Wouldn't that be a funny twist? Lol

Spectacular Member

It's Emily Osborn...

We learn that after all these years she was NEVER dead...

emilyosborneharry.jpg