Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I don't think the Showman could ever take on Superman head on. Perhaps he could make the Man of Steel hesitate a moment, with the fact that the crowd would be against him, but as seen in this issue, it is relatively easy to break his control of peoples and once in a lone place, he can't do much. And I hink that Supes would be quick enough to do just that rather siwftly. But the Showman would be a good recurring villain for Sideways, that's for sure.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't think the Showman could ever take on Superman head on. Perhaps he could make the Man of Steel hesitate a moment, with the fact that the crowd would be against him, but as seen in this issue, it is relatively easy to break his control of peoples and once in a lone place, he can't do much. And I hink that Supes would be quick enough to do just that rather siwftly. But the Showman would be a good recurring villain for Sideways, that's for sure.
    Yeah I was reaching for that one. I just hope they won't try and make a Sinister Six for Derek.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

SIDEWAYS #8
    •GUEST STARRING THE SEVEN SOLDIERS!
    •art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    •written by DAN DiDIO
    •When Sideways leads the Seven Soldiers into the Dark Multiverse to find the missing Manhattan Guardian, the whole trip goes sideways (zing!) when our hero gets separated from the group and becomes lost in this nightmarish realm. And just like any petulant teenager, Sideways won’t stop and ask for directions, so now he’s trapped in the land of Perrus, ruled by the Dark Beast and populated by weird Superman-esque creatures, like Porcupine Jimmy Olsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    SIDEWAYS #8
    •GUEST STARRING THE SEVEN SOLDIERS!
    •art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    •written by DAN DiDIO
    •When Sideways leads the Seven Soldiers into the Dark Multiverse to find the missing Manhattan Guardian, the whole trip goes sideways (zing!) when our hero gets separated from the group and becomes lost in this nightmarish realm. And just like any petulant teenager, Sideways won’t stop and ask for directions, so now he’s trapped in the land of Perrus, ruled by the Dark Beast and populated by weird Superman-esque creatures, like Porcupine Jimmy Olsen.
    Rocafort’s back thank goodness.

I had not thought about this until I saw the announcement of the new Wal-Mart 100 page giants and saw the solicitation for Teen Titans Giant #1 but it does seem natural when you think about it. I know Sideways is a new hero and just getting his feet wet both as a hero and as a comic book but is it time to join either Titans or the Teen Titans?