Page 621 of 660 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 9886
  1. #9301
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,080

    Default Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Huh....." Etrina had wandered over in the aftermath of tiamats departure, looking to see how Ishtar was doing and speak with Asha'rah when she was available....however something had distracted her. "That's a familiar voice....excuse me."

    Ishtar gave Zurvan a reading eye. "Were you the one I heard about.....Ishtars father? A pleasure to meet you. So....how is our friend doing at the moment?"
    "Hello, young Stoltengarde. It is a please to meet you as well; to see one so young manipulate time in such a way is ... assuredly something." Zurvan offered, a hair's breadth away from offering Etrina a compliment. Remembering his manners then however, the Aspect offered the girl a small wave then, before answering her question about his daughter's health.

    "Ishtar has found her body mended by the ministrations of Asha'rah, but until she regains consciousness I cannot speak to the state of her mind." The Aspect replied, tackling the more important question first, before circling back to address the first.

    "Also, yes ... Ishtar is my surrogate daughter. I believe you would call it "a step-father" ? Or perhaps an "Adoptive Father". Hm .. pick your preference one supposes, the timeline is not altered either way."

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That voice...

    Zurvan.

    This was his true form, a far-cry from the one he held when they first met on Turtle Island, an instance that seemed to be days ago, rather a few hours at best. The Oni's adoptive father saw to it that his daughter was tended to. Her injuries were severe, to the point of death had he not intervened in time.

    Sarada felt a ping of... something resonate in her chest. Guilt? Sorrow? Pain? She didn't know, but the news that her friend had nearly died back then didn't sit well with her. At all.

    She frowned and looked down at the fallen Oni. She looked okay, she supposed. Then again, the worst injuries were often internal. There was no tell what kind of damage a second activation of Aeshma Xeshm had on her body. Sarada recalled clearly how badly the heat that rose from her body felt. She never considered how badly the repercussions that fire had on her own body.
    Still conversing with Etrina, Zurvan watched Sarada kneel beside Ishtar out of the corner of his eye.

    Strong-willed, confident, with an undercurrent softness that tugged almost subconsciously at Sarada when she interacted with those that she cared for ... While there had yet been lingering doubt that Ishtar's reaction to- and toward- Sarada upon feeling that she was injured through the Kizuna was simply echoes of the similarity to Sekhmet's own passing ... There was no denying now that there was a passing similarity to Sekhmet herself, to be found int he girl's mentality.

    After all, it had been Sarada herself that had forced Ishtar down from the edge of the void. It had been Sarada, selflessly throwing herself upon the Oni to shield her when the sky itself was levied against them. It had been Sarada, in that single- flickering- moment, that had forced the golden-eyed Oni down from what would have without a single fragmentary doubt, been her Death.

    Sarada. Sekhmet.

    "I see now, child."

    ---

    As Ishtar neared wakefulness, it felt as if time was stalled in that empty white room; and with good reason.

    With the departure of that subconscious visage, it was simply the Oni sitting alone in a room with no sound, no smell, and only the faintest of tactile sensation. In a way, it was almost as if Ishtar was back again at Jinzi's GeoFront, seated in the center of one of those numerous gravity chambers that lined that distant hallway ... and perhaps in a way she was.

    Her mind was still knitting itself back together, after all. What was being used to provide a sense of being "there", was undoubtedly nothing more than fragmentary memories of familiar- and recent- places. Though this of all places seemed ...

    Important.

    Based on the conversation that had been had with ... herself ... it could have stood to reason that the setting would have been Tatenen, or Ilargi. Yet that did not seem ... Appropriate. After all, the appearance that had been chosen by the subconscious did not seem to fit that notion in the lightest. It had been one of shadow, and savagery. And had she not manifested such a state after spending hours in meditation ? With the weight of five times Earth's normal, had she not forced her way out sheathed in destructive Ki ? At the time little mind had been paid to such a state, it was simply the subconscious action of the Oni to break free ... and yet as her clustered neurons finished bridging pathways burned away in the fires of wrath, Ishtar saw the connection between that night six days prior; and the death that she was denied this day.

    Birth ... Death ... Rebirth. The balance persists.

    You will be fully awake, soon.

    "... I see."

    The lesson complete, Ishtar felt a shift in the endless room, that 'Vide Blanc', and standing the chair disappeared much the same as had her own subconscious.

    "Time is up."

    ---

    A twitch revealed that Zurvan spoke the truth. She was alive, just unconscious. "I see."

    She knelt down beside the prone woman and placed a hand on her forehead. "Fucking asshole," she spat bitterly. "You tell me not to die, then you up and nearly do it yourself." She wanted to beat on her for her stupidity, but felt that doing so would undo what Asha'rah had done, so she relented.

    When Ishtar was healthy again, however, was when she would teach her a lesson.
    As if surfacing from deep, deep underwater, Ishtar achieved consciousness as Sarada worded her bitter reply.

    And without doubting it, the Oni knew there was an undeniable truth in it. In the moments before her body failed, had not the Oni nearly begged that Sarada not die ? True, while some words had been left unspoken between the two- no time as there had been to explain the reasoning behind such- that had been what she asked. And in reality, if it had been Ishtar standing before those seven assembled Dragonballs ... she may well would have wished for it. Yet here she was, only now arisen from her death-like state, as facsimile Lazarus; as the girl mourned her would-be passing.

    ...

    Eyes closed, Ishtar took a deeper breath than any before, as she slowly- and painfully- lifted her hand to wrap around Sarada's wrist.

    "I am sorry."

    Giving the girl a soft squeeze then, Ishtar slowly opened her eyes to look up at the assuredly cross young Saiyan.

    "I felt you ... you were hurt, just like ... I could not let it happen again."

    ---

    Over toward Etrina, Zurvan simply watched this- and listened. Ishtar was awake, and did not seem overly changed, and while she labored to speak, her voice coming off as barely more than a whisper, she was well enough to speak. Relived, he left the two to their conversation; and if Sarada decided to punch her, not even Time itself would stop her.

  2. #9302
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan calls out to her, "Lady Eva? May I speak with you?"
    ďOf course. What is in your mind?Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #9303
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    For a moment, Charco mused on falling asleep right there on the ground. After all, they had all earned a good bit of rest, right?

    Unfortunately, he felt something, or rather, someone approaching the lookout. Their ki signature was low, yet felt like they were poorly hiding their true potential, reminding him of someone who had managed to cram 5 bags worth of stuff into a single one. Charco knew there was no denying whose power he felt now.

    "Aw shit, I fucked up, didn't I?"

    There was no other reason why he'd be getting a visit now of all times. Struggling to his feet, the boy figured he needed to at least stand his ground for what was to come.

    Sure enough, it wasn't but just a few moments after he had regain his footing that a figure leapt over the edge of the Lookout and landed. Standing before him, clad in a traditional kimono and bearing an eyepatch was Charco's master herself, Tyranno-sensi.


    "Good, you're still alive."

    "Yeah..." He said, averting his gaze downward, not wanting to correct her assumption. "... so what bring you here, sensei?"

    A smirk crossed her face, "I just so happened to see Tiamat in the sky and figured I'd investigate those who had summoned her."

    "Oh yeah, Kami did." As soon as he mentioned the goddess, he knew he had messed up.

    "That reminds me. It's been quite some time since I've spoken to Kami-sama. Perhaps I should inquire about your progress? What do they call again in school? A parent-teacher conference?"

    Tyranno-sensei's smirk grew devious and the boy knew there would be no turning back.
    Jinzi walks over.

    ďCharco, arenít you going to introduce us?Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #9304
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Of course. What is in your mind?”
    "It's about what the Dragon said. He said that, before I can return home I need to learn something called, Kaio-ken. I've have never heard of it before, I was wondering if perhaps you have?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  5. #9305
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Jinzi walks over.

    ďCharco, arenít you going to introduce us?Ē
    "Oh yeah... This is my master, Tyranno-sensei."

    Her uncovered eye stabbed into Jinzi, no doubt sizing him up but for what reason was a whole other mystery.

    "You must be Jinzi... Pantaloon, yes? Several of my granddaughters gush about you whenever given the chance. I hope Charco hasn't been too much of an issue for you?"

  6. #9306
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "It's about what the Dragon said. He said that, before I can return home I need to learn something called, Kaio-ken. I've have never heard of it before, I was wondering if perhaps you have?"
    “Not off the top of my head, though the name, Fist of the World King, sounds rather powerful. I shall research it and find out for you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #9307
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Oh yeah... This is my master, Tyranno-sensei."

    Her uncovered eye stabbed into Jinzi, no doubt sizing him up but for what reason was a whole other mystery.

    "You must be Jinzi... Pantaloon, yes? Several of my granddaughters gush about you whenever given the chance. I hope Charco hasn't been too much of an issue for you?"
    “Not at all. In fact, young Charco here is quite a handy lad to have around. He even managed to terrify Battersea when they stood toe to toe.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #9308
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    "Hello, young Stoltengarde. It is a please to meet you as well; to see one so young manipulate time in such a way is ... assuredly something." Zurvan offered, a hair's breadth away from offering Etrina a compliment. Remembering his manners then however, the Aspect offered the girl a small wave then, before answering her question about his daughter's health.
    "Oh? I'm flattered you think so....but from a temporal standpoint all I really did was apply blunt force time manipulation. Revert point B to point A and vise versa." Etrina chuckled. "But as a student I'll accept praise, wherever it may come from."

    "Ishtar has found her body mended by the ministrations of Asha'rah, but until she regains consciousness I cannot speak to the state of her mind." The Aspect replied, tackling the more important question first, before circling back to address the first.

    "Also, yes ... Ishtar is my surrogate daughter. I believe you would call it "a step-father" ? Or perhaps an "Adoptive Father". Hm .. pick your preference one supposes, the timeline is not altered either way."
    "Then I choose father, unless I meet someone more fitting for the title." Etrina half smiled, while eyeing the situation with Ishtar.

  9. #9309
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Not off the top of my head, though the name, Fist of the World King, sounds rather powerful. I shall research it and find out for you.”
    "Thank you. While you are, I might as well spend some time in the library doing research as well. Until I know more, I don't know which path to follow next." Meagan then left to go to the old library in the off chance she stumbles across a reference to something about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  10. #9310
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Not at all. In fact, young Charco here is quite a handy lad to have around. He even managed to terrify Battersea when they stood toe to toe.”
    "I did?" Honestly, Charco's memory of the last few fights had a few hazy patches. He recalled some trippy light and darkness bit involving Totoma, only to decide that he just really wanted to punch Battersea in the face. After that, he just remembered waking up to Slak healing him again.

    "A pity I could not have witnessed it myself." His grandmother said, "I sensed quite a collection of life forces earlier in the day. If this Battersea was either one of those, then Charco has progressed noticeably since I sent him to you."

  11. #9311
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh? I'm flattered you think so....but from a temporal standpoint all I really did was apply blunt force time manipulation. Revert point B to point A and vise versa." Etrina chuckled. "But as a student I'll accept praise, wherever it may come from."
    "Many people can poke holes in the fabric of the universe. Many more can simply divert the flow for but a moment. It takes skill to do such without deviating. Take it from the personification of Time, itself." Zurvan replied with a small smile.

    "Do not make a habit of it however."

    "Then I choose father, unless I meet someone more fitting for the title." Etrina half smiled, while eyeing the situation with Ishtar.
    Zurvan paused, for a moment, clearly confused.

    It had ever assumed it was merely a surrogate, The Aspect had not been responsible for the birthing of the young Oni after all, he had merely taken her on as a curiosity, and later a child. In the end however, there was something akin to a twinkle in its eye as it realized that perhaps Ishtar had only ever known him as her Father.

    In many ways, it made sense. And yet ...

    "I ... I have not earned such a title."

  12. #9312
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    9,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    .As if surfacing from deep, deep underwater, Ishtar achieved consciousness as Sarada worded her bitter reply.

    And without doubting it, the Oni knew there was an undeniable truth in it. In the moments before her body failed, had not the Oni nearly begged that Sarada not die ? True, while some words had been left unspoken between the two- no time as there had been to explain the reasoning behind such- that had been what she asked. And in reality, if it had been Ishtar standing before those seven assembled Dragonballs ... she may well would have wished for it. Yet here she was, only now arisen from her death-like state, as facsimile Lazarus; as the girl mourned her would-be passing.

    ...

    Eyes closed, Ishtar took a deeper breath than any before, as she slowly- and painfully- lifted her hand to wrap around Sarada's wrist.

    "I am sorry."

    Giving the girl a soft squeeze then, Ishtar slowly opened her eyes to look up at the assuredly cross young Saiyan.

    "I felt you ... you were hurt, just like ... I could not let it happen again."
    The world seemed to move in slow-motion when Ishtar's consciousness bubbled forth, signified by a soft, barely audible whisper and a tangible gesture. The woman grabbed the girl by the wrist and squeeze softly, a motion that punctuated an apology. From what she heard, it was heartfelt. Then again, she was sure the Oni couldn't lie, so there was little doubt that it was.

    That softened Sarada visage a little, but she was still upset. Ishtar had almost died before they had even had a chance to mate! She sighed and shook her head. "You... just..." Words seemed be failing her at the moment.

    Was she that angry?

    No. More like relieved. She was angry at first -- rightfully so -- but once Ishtar woke up, that anger subsided into a deep abyss within her heart. No, she was just relieved that her friend was going to be okay. So, why couldn't she enunciate that to her, like she had before?

    "Don't do it again," she forced out with noticeable effort. She looked away from the Oni, instead preferring to cast her gaze at the new arrival. Apparently, the woman was a friend of Charco's. Well, that was nice.

    While she was looking away, she moved her wrist so that Ishtar's hand was in her own. "Listen," she said to her, "in the friendship of ours, I'm the reckless one who does stupid shit that will almost get me killed. You're the responsible one who's supposed to keep me in line. I suppose this whole ordeal is my fault since I didn't lay that ground rule down in the beginning."

    If Sarada was the level-headed and responsible one between the two of them, that didn't bode well for either of them.

    "I suggest you rest and heal up. The day after tomorrow is going to be a long one for you," she stated bluntly. "You made the mistake of wearing those shorts, so I'm going to wear that ass out. Understand?"
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

    DBM | Sarada

  13. #9313
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Many people can poke holes in the fabric of the universe. Many more can simply divert the flow for but a moment. It takes skill to do such without deviating. Take it from the personification of Time, itself." Zurvan replied with a small smile.

    "Do not make a habit of it however."
    ďOh....the last time someone claimed they were the embodiment of time I spent 5 years of my life training to one up them, what your seeing here is the fruit of that labour...likely still isnít enough though. Stoltengardes are stubborn creatures.Ē

    At his last comment, etrina chuckled. ďShame....barely scratching the surface of what can be accomplished. But then I wonder how many have said that before taking things a step too far.Ē



    Zurvan paused, for a moment, clearly confused.

    It had ever assumed it was merely a surrogate, The Aspect had not been responsible for the birthing of the young Oni after all, he had merely taken her on as a curiosity, and later a child. In the end however, there was something akin to a twinkle in its eye as it realized that perhaps Ishtar had only ever known him as her Father.

    In many ways, it made sense. And yet ...

    "I ... I have not earned such a title."
    ď......Iím sure you will.....a father who cares about their child will always earn that right.Ē There was a sad hint in her voice. ďYour already more of a father then the one I know.Ē

  14. #9314
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The world seemed to move in slow-motion when Ishtar's consciousness bubbled forth, signified by a soft, barely audible whisper and a tangible gesture. The woman grabbed the girl by the wrist and squeeze softly, a motion that punctuated an apology. From what she heard, it was heartfelt. Then again, she was sure the Oni couldn't lie, so there was little doubt that it was.

    That softened Sarada visage a little, but she was still upset. Ishtar had almost died before they had even had a chance to mate! She sighed and shook her head. "You... just..." Words seemed be failing her at the moment.

    Was she that angry?

    No. More like relieved. She was angry at first -- rightfully so -- but once Ishtar woke up, that anger subsided into a deep abyss within her heart. No, she was just relieved that her friend was going to be okay. So, why couldn't she enunciate that to her, like she had before?

    "Don't do it again," she forced out with noticeable effort. She looked away from the Oni, instead preferring to cast her gaze at the new arrival. Apparently, the woman was a friend of Charco's. Well, that was nice.

    While she was looking away, she moved her wrist so that Ishtar's hand was in her own. "Listen," she said to her, "in the friendship of ours, I'm the reckless one who does stupid shit that will almost get me killed. You're the responsible one who's supposed to keep me in line. I suppose this whole ordeal is my fault since I didn't lay that ground rule down in the beginning."

    If Sarada was the level-headed and responsible one between the two of them, that didn't bode well for either of them.

    "I suggest you rest and heal up. The day after tomorrow is going to be a long one for you," she stated bluntly. "You made the mistake of wearing those shorts, so I'm going to wear that ass out. Understand?"
    It had taken a moment for Sarada to manage what echoed in the Ishtar's head for several more, as she focused intently on the girl's face.

    Don't do it again.

    The girl then explained that as their friendship stood, the roles needed to be reversed ... and while that made sense in more ways than the most obvious. Ishtar understood, still shaking off the embrace of Death as she was, that such a thing would not be possible without a very important change. And that realization caused the golden-eyed Oni to crack a small smile.

    "I am afraid that is impossible." Ishtar managed then, a bit of strength returning to her voice as her new innards grew more accustomed to the act of being alive.

    "I never learned proper methods of combat." And perhaps there had been evidence of that over the past days.

    The way she did not dodge the attacks of others so much as crash into them in an attempt to simply overwhelm her opponent. The way she threw all of her weight, and might into each struggle as if it would be the last. Ishtar was not a fighter, like the others around her.

    ... Perhaps in time such would change.

    Falling silent for a few moments then, the Oni made a concerted effort to process the words Sarada spoke then ... about the matter of her shorts, and what was to be done about it. When the understanding of that came to pass, Ishtar chuckled weakly.

    "If I had the strength, I would prefer you take me now ... but as it is, the day after next will do. My ... 'ass' will be ready."

    Far more crass than the Oni was fond of, perhaps, but in saying it Ishtar couldn't help but chuckle.

  15. #9315
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “In some ways. I regret killing a few people. Not all, but two or three. I killed them before they could kill me, and I would do so again if needed. Regret means you are not a monster, Namekian. Unlike Chris....”

    Her voice trails off into a hiss of rage at Chris’ name.
    "I see."

    It is maybe not what he wants to hear, but it is not like Slak knows what he wants to hear to begin. The subject is all too confusing to him. Her mention of the knife-wielder gives him something else to focus on.

    "Ah yes, that one," Slak says. "Now, keeping in mind he almost killed you, is there anything you would like to share about him?"
    Last edited by Hazard; 04-22-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •