Page 269 of 269 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269
Results 4,021 to 4,034 of 4034
    Spectacular Member

The acceptance of those more powerful than oneself was a difficult task for many, though perhaps none moreso than those accustomed to the preeminence of their own strength. If Koorimaru's defeat against Saradasuke hadn't taught him that, then Kami's display of her divine prowess had thoroughly humbled him.

This is more than a mere technique to be passed on and taught.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "My power lets me sort through the near infinite strands for moments in the present that can be effected just so. But that power is costly, and much of myself is devoted to it and to constantly using my power to find the strands I can effect. Some of you I saved from certain death, whereas others were suggested at or to. Sarada would have gone to the Meat Market and stayed a slave for life, Koorimaru would have died in his battle, same with Held on his ship, and Totoma with his mother. Shiro and Midori would have been deactivated after the war, as examples."
    Her revelation of his past, however scarce in detail drew a frown from Koorimaru. While the rest of the group were thankfully far more preoccupied with answering Kami's involvement in their own past, it gave Koorimaru no joy to divulge any information on his greatest shame...

...A shame which Kami had prevented from becoming something worse. He had always found it strange that Saradasuke had chosen to spare him at that moment. Now, it seemed he had Kami to thank for that..... But now, he began to wonder if he more to thank Kami for than her intervention.

After all, the universe was a big place. It was strange that of all the rumours he should have heard, the tale of the Shimyakugan and its user would capture his attention so. The world was abound with techniques, and yet, just over a year ago, he had been driven to obsession in seeking out the secrets of this elusive technique.

Koorimaru glared at Kami.

Were you responsible for my hearing such a rumor, Kami? Are you why I am now.... this?!

He desperately wanted to voice his suspicions as words. But he relented. Perhaps, for now, it would be better for him if he did not hear an answer.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "At what cost," Ishtar lifted up her prosthetic arm briefly. "So far all you have done is take; and owe."
    “My life. Payment is indeed needed, and that shall be mine in a few years time, if not less. That should be sufficient, Ishtar, for my sins against fate. If not, I am sure the afterlife will not be......pleasant....for me. I am not well liked by my would be superiors.”
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles Post
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner of SO's Item/Weapon Shop

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Shiro gasped in horror at what she was told as Midori glared at the Kami as she growled "You're lying! There's no way that Dr. Nijimoto would deactivate us!"
    “Not out of cruelty. He did not wish you to face more horrors after the war. He was feeling guilty over subjecting you to such things.”
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO

Fantastic Member

There were many things he could've said to the others, but Kami's demonstration of her powers stole his attention. A cold hand gripped his heart as he realized what could've been, what her whims could've wrought upon this world. Just how much of his own life was the choice of another, the desires of one who could be the architect of all lives since her coronation?

"Was... Was I abandoned because of you? Did I endure all that just because you felt it would've led to a better world?" He wanted to believe it wasn't that bad, that she only made minor, beneficial corrections to his path in life. He felt nauseous, his eyes bugging out as he clamped his hand over his mouth. After a few moments, he let out a quiet, harsh breath, shoulders shaking as he made his plea. "Please, Kami. I have to know."

Kami smiles ruefully.

“Your grandmother was quiet insistent you were up to the task.”
    He smiled proudly at that, "She is the one who lifted the curse from me."

She had shown him that he was not a monster, rather one gifted with the powers to protect others...no matter what they thought of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Jagam," said Totoma, the name rolling off his tongue like a curse. "An ugly name. Tell me, if I continue down this path you've set for me--us--will I have the chance to kill him?"
    “Maybe. He is.....not normal. Saiyan, but something else too. I do believe you shall see him again.”
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    There were many things he could've said to the others, but Kami's demonstration of her powers stole his attention. A cold hand gripped his heart as he realized what could've been, what her whims could've wrought upon this world. Just how much of his own life was the choice of another, the desires of one who could be the architect of all lives since her coronation?

"Was... Was I abandoned because of you? Did I endure all that just because you felt it would've led to a better world?" He wanted to believe it wasn't that bad, that she only made minor, beneficial corrections to his path in life. He felt nauseous, his eyes bugging out as he clamped his hand over his mouth. After a few moments, he let out a quiet, harsh breath, shoulders shaking as he made his plea. "Please, Kami. I have to know."
    “No. I had no doing with your childhood, Chuan. My nudging of you was more subtle, towards a less self destructive path and more towards one that could help other people.”
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I wonder..." Meagan spoke softly, then went silent. It bothered her that she'd even think such a thought.
    While the others talked and asked question, aside from briefly speaking her thoughts out loud, she remained silent. But she did look intently at Kami, looked at her with mixed feelings. It was clear she wished to speak, but held back.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

“The planet was already exploding when I intervened towards you, Held. A few smaller asteroids to drive your ship away from the blast effect and send you on a path to Earth.”
    "I see."

The Nevadian shrugged slightly in response.

"It's no matter. I'll still find my own answers to that, eventually."

While his return to his own world was foremost in his mind, the spectre of what happened that day had always loomed over the Nevadian, the sheer chaos, the shock, the confusion....The pointless tragedy.

If for no other reason than for peace of mind, he would one day find the truth of what had occured.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    While the others talked and asked question, aside from briefly speaking her thoughts out loud, she remained silent. But she did look intently at Kami, looked at her with mixed feelings. It was clear she wished to speak, but held back.
    “Speak, Meagan. What would you have if me?”
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO

“Maybe. He is.....not normal. Saiyan, but something else too. I do believe you shall see him again.”
    Totoma closed his eyes. If he met this 'Jagam' now, he would no doubt falter and die, even if he were capable of winning against him. But with time, he might be able to overcome his issues enough to win. He took a deep breath.

"Alright, I'm in for keeps," he said. "This Jagam took... almost everything from me, so I think I'm at least owed his life, yeah?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Spectacular Member

She smiles a bit sadly at that.

“How very terrible I am indeed.” she whispers to herself before speaking aloud again.

“That won’t be for long. I shall be training a replacement soon, though not until after Fife is dealt with.”
    “My life. Payment is indeed needed, and that shall be mine in a few years time, if not less. That should be sufficient, Ishtar, for my sins against fate. If not, I am sure the afterlife will not be......pleasant....for me. I am not well liked by my would be superiors.”
    Her words piqued his interest. The lives of deities, as he had heard from heresy were so infinitely long that mortals like himself might as well consider them immortal. Yet now, here was a God who claimed her life was nearing its end.

Though if her life was to be measured in a matter of years rather than months, Koorimaru saw no reason to agitate the issue. After all, she was only useful to him insofar as the Dragon Balls remained his to use.

Still, that the price for her intervention against fate would be so costly, brought Koorimaru's mind to the ease with which she changed the fate of the weaver girl.

"If I might ask, my dear Kami, given the heavy price you've paid for this gift, it surprises me that you have not made greater use of it for the purpose of subverting our enemies' designs." Koorimaru asked, "We have just seen you change the fate of a child with the barest of efforts, why not do the same against our foes? I understand that beings once divine such as Fife may be an issue, but surely you could introduce a... let's call it accident... for the likes of mere mortals like Willa and Battersea."

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

"Those who manipulate the slow march of time are not looked at with fondness, yes." Ishtar replied. That much was true at least. "Yet your life- and death- is hardly sufficient a price to pay for what you have done here." It was true, the girl had sent ripples across so man lives, in an attempt to secure the Earth as the longest-lasting planet in the universe. What sort of ... no. In the end, what had the young Guardian done ? Her task, to a greater degree than all of those before her perhaps, but she had done what her position entailed.

Ishtar sighed and shook her head.

This was far too complex a thing to be decided upon a battered Lookout.

Besides. How many others have perverted time for goals in defiance of their station. Zurvan, was one. Of this the Kami would know well- and of why Ishtar had been chosen from so many others to learn of the Aspect and his two "sons". Yet he had not paid a price, and had done so in pursuit of the selfsame balance Ishtar spoke to in terms of cost and payment.

Ishtar sighed again.

"Your Death will not fix what has been altered, nor will it serve the universe any benefit ... Perhaps in time we will find a proper payment to balance these scales. For now however, you speak to your own Death. May it be made not so ?"
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

“Speak, Meagan. What would you have if me?”
    Looking away from a moment, she then looked upon the Guardian, "You did not touch my strings of fate directly, so perhaps you don't know me as well as you know the others. My fate was changed by another, and I am certain that you were unable to affect her strings as you do most mortals. You do not know what is in my heart, and perhaps that is for the best. If you knew what was there, I am not so sure that I would be here. Though my Mentor seemed to have faith in me, and I will have faith in that."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.