Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Twas but a solar system
    And may or may not have something to do with the 5D Mxy dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    At least until Bendis gets his hands on him, in a couple of months
    What do you mean? What's he going to do?

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,423

    Default

    What do you mean? What's he going to do?
    Write him and his entire supporting cast in a wildly inconsistent to their own continuity and mind blowingly out of character way, going by Bendis' track record.

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Write him and his entire supporting cast in a wildly inconsistent to their own continuity and mind blowingly out of character way, going by Bendis' track record.
    Would you kindly give my an example please?

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    4,579

    Default

    Bendis is writing Superman??

    We are probably going to get a lot of eating scenes, talking and Clark fighting Ninja (Bendis loves his Ninja)!
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Would you kindly give my an example please?
    The entirety of Avengers vs. X-Men takes the cake for me. You mean these two teams, who've fought together for decades, and some of whom are married or dated each other, can't talk it out? Why both teams have some of the most brilliant tacticians on the planet but no one thinks to ask Rachel Grey -- an actual host of the Phoenix -- for her input? Why everyone's freaking out prematurely about the Phoenix returning when the Phoenix used to live in Europe for years? Why Xavier and Magneto have been replaced by Cap and Cyclops?

    (of course, I'm just asking rhetorically. Five years later and I'm still super-frustrated by the story.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Bendis is writing Superman??

    We are probably going to get a lot of eating scenes, talking and Clark fighting Ninja (Bendis loves his Ninja)!
    TBH I'd like to see a Kryptonian ninja. They may be powerful, but of course, their Kryptonian might can't override the Rule of Ninja. So while Superman would have trouble 1-on-1 against a Kryptonian ninja, add in a dozen more equally strong and skilled ninjas and suddenly Superman's fighting them off.

  6. #21
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,560

    Default

    My favorite part of AvX was when Scott killed Xavier. Becuase... Reasons?

    Cuz like there really wasn't one.

  7. #22

    Default

    Could current Superman beat blue energy Superman?

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    I don't remember if Blue Supes could do an intangibility thing. Or if he had actual light speed reflexes as an energy being. Theoretically, he should be able to energy drain Rebirth Supes, but he needs to not get punched in half first.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't remember if Blue Supes could do an intangibility thing. Or if he had actual light speed reflexes as an energy being. Theoretically, he should be able to energy drain Rebirth Supes, but he needs to not get punched in half first.
    Superman Blue had density control, so he could phase or even turn human (but that would shut his powers off). He also had a containment suit or else he'd lose cohesion, but I don't remember how long it would take him to completely lose his form; and even if that were a viable tactic in Rumbles, it's not instantaneous and it should for the most part take quite a while before he dissipates.

    He still had his superspeed but he also could control magnetism, gravity, and radiation. So I imagine he'd be tough for any Superman to fight. But he also had the strength and durability to wrestle with Asmodel, too.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Superman Blue had density control, so he could phase or even turn human (but that would shut his powers off). He also had a containment suit or else he'd lose cohesion, but I don't remember how long it would take him to completely lose his form; and even if that were a viable tactic in Rumbles, it's not instantaneous and it should for the most part take quite a while before he dissipates.

    He still had his superspeed but he also could control magnetism, gravity, and radiation. So I imagine he'd be tough for any Superman to fight. But he also had the strength and durability to wrestle with Asmodel, too.
    How strong is Asmodel? Stronger than a guy who can do this?


  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How strong is Asmodel? Stronger than a guy who can do this?

    NOOO. Not even close. Asmodel was like low end class 100. Certainly powerful but not THAT strong :P
    *blerting sound, choir of insects wailing, soap bubble pops* Choices. That the floodgates open does not beckon the water to spill. *sixteen kittens meow out of harmony, Celine Dion quietly warbles, Great Blue Heron hacks its cry in reverse*

    -Sharpandpointies

  12. #27

    Default

    Honestly, that "bench the earth" feat is just ludicrous (in a good way). Or like when he and Manhunter pushed Braniacs ship away. Nu Supes had absolutely bonkers strength.

    Which I guess means so does current Supes
    *blerting sound, choir of insects wailing, soap bubble pops* Choices. That the floodgates open does not beckon the water to spill. *sixteen kittens meow out of harmony, Celine Dion quietly warbles, Great Blue Heron hacks its cry in reverse*

    -Sharpandpointies

  13. #28
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    My favorite part of AvX was when Scott killed Xavier. Becuase... Reasons?

    Cuz like there really wasn't one.
    Didn't he do it cuz he whant full dark mode? As in the Phoenix full on corrupted him?

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    NOOO. Not even close. Asmodel was like low end class 100. Certainly powerful but not THAT strong :P
    My point being was that Superman wasn't totally deprived of super strength when he gained his energy powers. Even low end CL 100 can be dangerous if it's coupled with Living Lightning + Magneto + Spectrum powers.

    (though, I believe Asmodel was in the same league or slightly above J'onn's in strength during a battle, and J'onn's is definitely higher than low CL 100)

    Though, thanks to electromagnetic manipulation, he towed the moon all by himself right before engaging Asmodel in the same story. It's not moving the Earth but that's essentially the same feat as a few other iterations of Superman, and stronger than Byrne-to-mid 90s Superman. One of the things that Superman books tried to do (and seemed fun at the time) was seeing how Electric Superman could duplicate familiar feats with unfamiliar powers - as well as how he'd have to adapt or even find out how he had worsened or improved in certain areas.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-09-2018 at 11:40 PM.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't remember if Blue Supes could do an intangibility thing. Or if he had actual light speed reflexes as an energy being. Theoretically, he should be able to energy drain Rebirth Supes, but he needs to not get punched in half first.
    The first thing that happened to him on getting transformed was having his consciousness split "everywhere" across a city

    https://m.imgur.com/uLzpc4l

    In the Morrison Flash story where he races that radio wave dude, Superman was one of the folks called the second fastest after Flash, and he raced even with Jay, Bart, Jesse and Max to speed lend Flash. He had that whole practice race thing in seconds with Wally in Morrison's JLA where they are arriving in different cities in fractions of seconds and Wally is even "late" one time cuz he stopped to help. Here he specifically blitzes Henshaw at near light speed

    http://imgur.com/a/Ouu3r

    And finally when he actually got a hang of his powers and just before Superman red /blue fused back, even Wally had problems seeing him

    https://m.imgur.com/a/bQwxt

    Superman blue is actually probably the most powerful version of post crisis superman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •