Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    For me I would probably say Daredevil. Granted I may be a bit biased, but with the torch it always seemed a bit more antagonistic. ALmost like rivals... playing pranks on each other and the such. Besides, Torch will always seem closer to Thing and the FF than he will Spidey.

    With Daredevil, it was almost like two loners hanging out. Neither had anyone else and they had each other's back when the going gets tough. With Torch? He's usually too busy saving the world or something. In the 60's and 70's they used to team up a bit... but from the 90's on the FF were generally marginalized and I can't think of any great team ups they had.

    as for Wolverine? Spider-man SHOULD hate him. He's the opposite of everything that Spidey stands for... and like the DD/Punisher team ups they should spend half their time telling each other how everything they do is wrong and end up punching each other in the face.... then maybe having a beer. Wolverine should the guy who's useful to have in a fight... but he's not the friend you'd want to set up your cousin with.

  2. #32
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    For me I would probably say Daredevil. Granted I may be a bit biased, but with the torch it always seemed a bit more antagonistic. ALmost like rivals... playing pranks on each other and the such. Besides, Torch will always seem closer to Thing and the FF than he will Spidey.

    With Daredevil, it was almost like two loners hanging out. Neither had anyone else and they had each other's back when the going gets tough. With Torch? He's usually too busy saving the world or something. In the 60's and 70's they used to team up a bit... but from the 90's on the FF were generally marginalized and I can't think of any great team ups they had.
    I don't agree with you. But you make some good points.
    as for Wolverine? Spider-man SHOULD hate him. He's the opposite of everything that Spidey stands for... and like the DD/Punisher team ups they should spend half their time telling each other how everything they do is wrong and end up punching each other in the face.... then maybe having a beer. Wolverine should the guy who's useful to have in a fight... but he's not the friend you'd want to set up your cousin with.
    Forget Spider-Man, I will never understand why anyone in the superhero community treats Wolverine any better than they do Punisher.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Forget Spider-Man, I will never understand why anyone in the superhero community treats Wolverine any better than they do Punisher.
    Exactly! It's just a blatantly obvious thing of Marvel milking the popular characters. Same with Deadpool. When CAPTAIN AMERICA can offer an insane assassin a place on the Avengers... logic is right out the window. Same when Iron Man convinced Captain America... again the most 'no-kill' spotless boy scout in the marvel universe... the one who disbanded the Avengers because they were voting to kill the Supreme Intelligence... that they should have wolverine on the team 'to do what they couldn't'... It was all $$$$

    There is no in-universe reason these characters would ever actually respect each other
    Last edited by phantom1592; 01-13-2018 at 03:32 AM.

  4. #34
    "Emma is STILL right! Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Exactly! It's just a blatantly obvious thing of Marvel milking the popular characters. Same with Deadpool. When CAPTAIN AMERICA can offer an insane assassin a place on the Avengers... logic is right out the window. Same when Iron Man convinced Captain America... again the most 'no-kill' spotless boy scout in the marvel universe... the one who disbanded the Avengers because they were voting to kill the Supreme Intelligence... that they should have wolverine on the team 'to do what they couldn't'... It was all $$$$

    There is no in-universe reason these characters would ever actually respect each other
    Pretty much of the the Avengers have blood on their hands. Even Hawkeye was murdering Skrulls left and right during Secret Invasion. It would be pretty hypocritical for them to hold Logan to a standard they don't even live up to. Even Spider-Man. Didn't he say in issue #700 when he attempted to kill Doc Ock that because of his actions today, he could never go back to being Spidey again? And then one relaunch later, it's all water under the bridge!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

  5. #35
    Notorious M.O.S. Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    Although I had some Spider-Man comics here and there like every kid years back, I didn't really come around to getting invested in him until I saw that he was so close to Daredevil. That's been dashed against the rocks since about Civil War, though.

  6. #36
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Pretty much of the the Avengers have blood on their hands. Even Hawkeye was murdering Skrulls left and right during Secret Invasion. It would be pretty hypocritical for them to hold Logan to a standard they don't even live up to. Even Spider-Man. Didn't he say in issue #700 when he attempted to kill Doc Ock that because of his actions today, he could never go back to being Spidey again? And then one relaunch later, it's all water under the bridge!
    And hell, didn't Wolverine's initial defense of Superior Spider-Man when the other Avengers were appalled by him killing Massacre boil down to, "What are you all getting on your high horses for? Everyone in here has killed when they've been pushed into a corner by the bad guys"?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    For me I would probably say Daredevil. Granted I may be a bit biased, but with the torch it always seemed a bit more antagonistic. ALmost like rivals... playing pranks on each other and the such. Besides, Torch will always seem closer to Thing and the FF than he will Spidey.
    That's what best friends to to each other lol.

    as for Wolverine? Spider-man SHOULD hate him. He's the opposite of everything that Spidey stands for... and like the DD/Punisher team ups they should spend half their time telling each other how everything they do is wrong and end up punching each other in the face.... then maybe having a beer. Wolverine should the guy who's useful to have in a fight... but he's not the friend you'd want to set up your cousin with.
    I think Spidey's and Wolverine's friendship started in New Avengers, before that they didn't get along, sure they did team up sometimes, but Spidey made it blatantly clear he doesn't like Logan.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Another missed potential is Peter and Steve Rogers, along with Nightcrawler and The Black Widow...

  9. #39

    Default

    I really like the relationship between Spidey and DP but I couldn't call them best buds.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I really like the relationship between Spidey and DP but I couldn't call them best buds.
    It seems to be mostly Deadpool annoying Peter and dragging him through misery.

  11. #41
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,763

    Default

    Where would you guys rank Peter's relationship with Tony? Are they like siblings or what are your thoughts?
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  12. #42
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Where would you guys rank Peter's relationship with Tony? Are they like siblings or what are your thoughts?
    They seem to act like acquaintances around each other, that's all.

    Bet people currently think that Spidey has a man crush on Iron Man in the comics too lol (And hopefuly they don't do that).

  13. #43
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Where would you guys rank Peter's relationship with Tony? Are they like siblings or what are your thoughts?
    Pre-Civil War I think there was a lot of respect between the two, especially once they were in The Avengers together.

    But after the reboots both characters have undergone I wouldn't say either is especially close right now.

  14. #44
    Amazing Member Deku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    I would say Johnny Storm. I think it's funny since they hated each over at the start, but they now have a brother like a relationship.
    PLUS ULTRA!

  15. #45
    Mighty Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    I'd say Pre-OMD the hierarchy was probably: Johnny Storm --> Daredevil --> Black Cat --> Wolverine

    Now though it'd probably go: Johnny Storm --> Wolverine --> Deadpool --> Carol Davners
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •