Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16

    Default

    Curious. Why wouldn't power-scaling for speed apply here? Because besides kaido whose whole stick seems to be tank, I cannot imagine any of them having worse reactions then pre-skip gear 2 Luffy. The latter should be enough to blitzed even Spider-man. Everyone in team x is dead, no?

  2. #17
    Fantastic Member Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Curious. Why wouldn't power-scaling for speed apply here? Because besides kaido whose whole stick seems to be tank, I cannot imagine any of them having worse reactions then pre-skip gear 2 Luffy. The latter should be enough to blitzed even Spider-man. Everyone in team x is dead, no?
    Honestly Kaido is the only one we don’t have any speed of reaction feat for anyway. And yeah, i personally don’t see how anyone other thn Mags (autoshields) and maybe Colossus last long enough to consider fighting back.

  3. #18
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Honestly Kaido is the only one we don’t have any speed of reaction feat for anyway. And yeah, i personally don’t see how anyone other thn Mags (autoshields) and maybe Colossus last long enough to consider fighting back.
    That's the key question to me. How good and how big IS Magneto's autoshields? If Magneto's shield are large enough to stop Shanks initial blitz (until Hope power-copies him), they are dead (Still don't see a telepath good enough to stop Emma). Reaction speed isn't travel speed. I'm fine with giving Shanks that travel speed based on the War. I'm not fine with Big Mom/Blackbeard getting it without proof.

    On a weird note, is there any thread on here that ever discussed Namor's speed? He's a weird one for this team in that he's is not a traditional X-Men. I do see how the OP thought that he could possibly tank Blackbeard Quake-Quake fruit, though. I'm trying to think of any time that he fought Quicksilver, but i'm not certain offhand.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    That's the key question to me. How good and how big IS Magneto's autoshields? If Magneto's shield are large enough to stop Shanks initial blitz (until Hope power-copies him), they are dead (Still don't see a telepath good enough to stop Emma). Reaction speed isn't travel speed. I'm fine with giving Shanks that travel speed based on the War. I'm not fine with Big Mom/Blackbeard getting it without proof.

    On a weird note, is there any thread on here that ever discussed Namor's speed? He's a weird one for this team in that he's is not a traditional X-Men. I do see how the OP thought that he could possibly tank Blackbeard Quake-Quake fruit, though. I'm trying to think of any time that he fought Quicksilver, but i'm not certain offhand.
    I'd need to check, since I haven't been following One Piece arcs closely anymore, but I recall Big Mom having a feat of swinging a sword and sending the attack Mihawk style distance. Even if she can't, I imagine any of them can punch hard enough to send some kind of shockwave a distance to kill the mostly squishy human durability X-Men.

  5. #20
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I'd need to check, since I haven't been following One Piece arcs closely anymore, but I recall Big Mom having a feat of swinging a sword and sending the attack Mihawk style distance. Even if she can't, I imagine any of them can punch hard enough to send some kind of shockwave a distance to kill the mostly squishy human durability X-Men.
    at this point in the arc, throwing her in the ocean is no longer a option. and considering that the strawhats only options for fighting her is "run away" and "sanji and his wife bake the best wedding cake ever made", that shows that she's not someone you really wanna fight face up.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    That's the key question to me. How good and how big IS Magneto's autoshields? If Magneto's shield are large enough to stop Shanks initial blitz (until Hope power-copies him), they are dead (Still don't see a telepath good enough to stop Emma). Reaction speed isn't travel speed. I'm fine with giving Shanks that travel speed based on the War. I'm not fine with Big Mom/Blackbeard getting it without proof.

    On a weird note, is there any thread on here that ever discussed Namor's speed? He's a weird one for this team in that he's is not a traditional X-Men. I do see how the OP thought that he could possibly tank Blackbeard Quake-Quake fruit, though. I'm trying to think of any time that he fought Quicksilver, but i'm not certain offhand.
    Magneto has no autoshields. He needs to raise them, which means he is susceptible to a blitz from speedsters. Not sure if any of these folks qualify for that.

  7. #22
    Spectacular Member Sol_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Magneto has no autoshields. He needs to raise them, which means he is susceptible to a blitz from speedsters. Not sure if any of these folks qualify for that.
    Shanks almost certainly does.

    The feat in question:



    The red haired dude (Shanks) appears out of fucking nowhere. Keep in mind that the small pink haired guy is fast enough to use superspeed techniques, and at least some of the many, many people watching are bullet-timers/speedsters.

    It basically comes down to taking out the main threats before they get their stuff up and running, Emma Frost being the biggest one, then Magneto, Hope, and maybe Storm. Then slowly taking apart Colossus. Namor...I'm not sure if they can take Namor, but maybe.

  8. #23
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Shanks almost certainly does.

    The feat in question:



    The red haired dude (Shanks) appears out of fucking nowhere. Keep in mind that the small pink haired guy is fast enough to use superspeed techniques, and at least some of the many, many people watching are bullet-timers/speedsters.

    It basically comes down to taking out the main threats before they get their stuff up and running, Emma Frost being the biggest one, then Magneto, Hope, and maybe Storm. Then slowly taking apart Colossus. Namor...I'm not sure if they can take Namor, but maybe.
    a little clarification: in that scene, coby wasn't not using soru. he was both trying to talk down akainu and the other marines from going after the fleeing pirates and was getting overwhelmed by his burgeoning observation haki which was driving him up the wall since he was hearing his fellow marines dying all around him.

  9. #24
    Spectacular Member Sol_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a little clarification: in that scene, coby wasn't not using soru. he was both trying to talk down akainu and the other marines from going after the fleeing pirates and was getting overwhelmed by his burgeoning observation haki which was driving him up the wall since he was hearing his fellow marines dying all around him.
    Well, yes, but he could use soru (assuming you meant was not, and not wasn't not), is the thing. Even though so many of the characters there are extremely fast, none of them saw Shanks appear and block the blow.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,842

    Default

    It should be noted that Kizaru treated pre-timeskip Gear 2 Luffy like a slug and Shanks' first mate got right next to him without him even noticing, and that Shanks himself used to be Mihawk's rival before giving up his arm, and Mihawk was casually keeping up with Luffy earlier (and only didn't chop off his hands due to a flash of Precognition on Luffy's part).

    Also, I'm pretty sure that Big Mom was able to react to post-timeskip Luffy once she got over her shock.

  11. #26
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Well, yes, but he could use soru (assuming you meant was not, and not wasn't not), is the thing. Even though so many of the characters there are extremely fast, none of them saw Shanks appear and block the blow.
    that's what i mean. damn typos.

    but the point is bring up coby's speed in this context is a bit misleading since he wasn't really trying to dodge or block akainu's attack after giving his speech. in fact, after saying what he wanted to say, he was willing to let sakazuki merc him without any kind of resistance.

    now as for the feat for shanks? it's reasonable to say he's pretty fast since he was about to intercept sakazuki's attack. keep in the mind that him and the admirals do have advanced senses since they were the first ones to notice the moby dick rising out of the bay at the start of the war. and given that the only other character to catch him off guard like that was whitebeard himself, it stands to reason that all of the other emperors and their higher level officers would have a similar set of speed. (see TDK's comment about ben beckman getting the jump on kizaru)

  12. #27
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    I'm not sure if he actually did get the jump on Kizaru or not. It's hard to tell when the guy's actually surprised.

  13. #28
    Fantastic Member Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Considering who the people were at Marineford and that all of them were already looking directly at the spot he where showed up, in the center of a battlefield he wasn't even previously at, Shanks's appearance is pretty gnarly.

    But it's worth noting that his first feat of the series is also a speed feat--swimming out into the ocean to save luffy from the sea king. It's more ambiguous, because we can't tell how far they are from shore--but we know from the bandit's dialogue that he perceives himself as having gotten so far safely away from Shanks that he no longer needs Luffy as a hostage and kicks him off the boat. So at the time the bandit is eaten, Shanks is at least nowhere in sight. Then, like at Marineford, he simply appears in the middle of the action.

  14. #29
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Shanks almost certainly does.

    The feat in question:



    The red haired dude (Shanks) appears out of fucking nowhere. Keep in mind that the small pink haired guy is fast enough to use superspeed techniques, and at least some of the many, many people watching are bullet-timers/speedsters.

    It basically comes down to taking out the main threats before they get their stuff up and running, Emma Frost being the biggest one, then Magneto, Hope, and maybe Storm. Then slowly taking apart Colossus. Namor...I'm not sure if they can take Namor, but maybe.

    do they gave the power to take on colossalnaut? because that was the one on the extinction team.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    4,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    do they gave the power to take on colossalnaut? because that was the one on the extinction team.
    I actually forgot about that.

    It’s regular Colossus here.
    Race, sexuality and genders are not weapons. They should not be used to guilt people and they should not be used to judge people. Life is much easier when we simply accept people that are different than us and realize there is strength in diversity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •