Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    180

    Default X-Men Gold Annual: Preview pages

    Hey, has anyone posted this Excalibur....er...I mean X-Men Gold preview yet? I didn't see it. Story and art looks good!

    https://www.newsarama.com/38048-retu...review.html#s8

  2. #2
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,222
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,270

    Default

    Ive seen it and i didnt like how Storm looks here. I mean a certain scan on the previw.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    so this basically confirms Rachel is just a stand in for Jean.

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    so this basically confirms Rachel is just a stand in for Jean.
    No i don't think so, I think it just confirms that Rachel is Jean's kid and has the same bloodline.

  6. #6
    Hound & Cosmic Traveller Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    so this basically confirms Rachel is just a stand in for Jean.
    Le sigh, I think it basically means the editors aren't doing their job any more by publishing a book telling someone to read an issue that a character doesn't appear in. It's really telling about the X-Office, the editors, and the writers than Rachel and Jean's supposed interchangeability.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    No i don't think so, I think it just confirms that Rachel is Jean's kid and has the same bloodline.
    but she is being used as a standin for Jean in this story as we all know that Rachel was NOT present in the original UXM story.

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    439

    Default

    The problem is that they actually act like it was Rachel who fought StarHammer in Uncanny X-Men #387 instead of Jean. They attribute what Jean did to defeat StarHammer to Rachel. The artist even redraws some of the panels from Uncanny 387 showing long haired Jean, yet the book says it was Rachel.

    Considering the writer knows the details about how StarHammer was defeated and the artist has clearly seen the issue, was this a mistake or intentional?

    Some of the creators clearly read the book. Mistake or attempt to retcon Revolution Jean into being Rachel?

  9. #9
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but she is being used as a standin for Jean in this story as we all know that Rachel was NOT present in the original UXM story.
    They couldn’t have just written it with Jean and waited a month or two to publish?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    No-Justice-League-Detroit-You-Ain't-The-X-Men-No-Matter-How-Much-You-Break-Dance.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    7,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    The problem is that they actually act like it was Rachel who fought StarHammer in Uncanny X-Men #387 instead of Jean. They attribute what Jean did to defeat StarHammer to Rachel. The artist even redraws some of the panels from Uncanny 387 showing long haired Jean, yet the book says it was Rachel.

    Considering the writer knows the details about how StarHammer was defeated and the artist has clearly seen the issue, was this a mistake or intentional?

    Some of the creators clearly read the book. Mistake or attempt to retcon Revolution Jean into being Rachel?
    They can't really do that lol. Tbh I think Guggenheim and/or Leah just remembered it wrong and they went with it. Evidence that editors don't do their jobs properly anymore.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    western Massachusetts
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Well, bummer. Was excited until I saw the art. Not a fan at all of the artist of the preview pages. Not sure I'll drop $5 on it.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    I like the nods to various characters and lore

    Super cringey how OML and Storm joke and react to the Stork re: Kitty but whatever

    Nice how Rachel seems kinda mysterious in this
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

  13. #13
    Senior Master DDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Eagle
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    so this basically confirms Rachel is just a stand in for Jean.
    The correct term is upgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but she is being used as a standin for Jean in this story as we all know that Rachel was NOT present in the original UXM story.
    We all look alike to Broccoli people, idk. This is just window dressing anyway, this is really an Excalibur reunion story.

  14. #14
    Live, Jean! Live! Disciple of Redd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    870

    Default

    There is also apparently a writer on the issue that isn't credited. (Monty Nero?)

    Perhaps Marvel editors just aren't good at their jobs?

  15. #15
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    There is also apparently a writer on the issue that isn't credited. (Monty Nero?)

    Perhaps Marvel editors just aren't good at their jobs?
    How the hell do you forget an entire writer? Doesn’t he literally have to attend all the plot meetings?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    No-Justice-League-Detroit-You-Ain't-The-X-Men-No-Matter-How-Much-You-Break-Dance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •