Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 111
  1. #1
    Mighty Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay

    https://www.newsarama.com/38149-chri...oice-cast.html
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-cast-1073646

    I don't like to complain about things before they release but...this is warranted. If this is the characters final design they look terrible ESPECIALLY Bronze Tiger. What kinda hair is that? And that costume is terrible! They also need to give Harley a damn costume so she can stop with these lazy designs and outfits. The rest of the lineup is meh would rather prefer to see Nightshade but of course that's not happening. AND WHY IS AMANDA SKINNY?

    Also it seems like Deadshot is leading the team...lol. Do they not know that when Rick Flag isn't around Bronze Tiger is supposed to be the leader? Of course they don't.

    The villains they seem to be using look interesting and aren't the typical A-list you would usually see. Just waiting for the trailer.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Very excited about Scandal and Knockout being in the movie...but everything else about this looks awful.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Nite-Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    IDK the designs look generic and that voice cast seems to indicate that there will be a lot of cameos but the standard suicide squad lineup is here for the most part
    Deadshot
    Harley Quinn
    Captain Boomerang

    Not a fan of skinny waller especially since the amazing movie batman:assault on arkham featured a thicker waller.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,657

    Default

    So the Squad gets involved in a race to death with a bunch of other Supervillains to get a mystical artifact of unimaginable power? Sounds like fun .

    Hey, they got Christian Slater back as Deadshot! I liked him in Justice League Action so it's cool to see him back playing Floyd in this .

    Nice to see Bronze Tiger getting some love in some DC Animation, and in a Suicide Squad movie no less. Hopefully Ben gets a good showing here.

    So Liam Mclyntre goes from playing Weather Wizard on The Flash to voicing Captain Boomerang in this. Next thing you know we'll see Dominic Purcell as Captain Cold and Wentworth Miller as Pied Piper in a future Flash animated movie .

    Nice to see Killer Frost in there, even if she was already in Assault on Arkham, though going by her design it looks like she'll be pretty different from that incarnation...I wouldn't even be surprised if it's Caitlin Snow instead of Louise Lincoln this time around.

    Copperhead is one of those awesome, kooky, DC villains so it's nice to see him getting some love, and Gideon Emery is great. Although I won't be surprised if he's the first Squad member to get killed off.

    Wasn't expecting them to bring Tara back as Harley for this. It almost feels like "revenge" for Hyden Walch replacing her in Assault on Arkham. Also seems very New 52-inspired with her design. I just hope Tara tones down her Harley voice a little for this...

    I'm surprised they went with the skinnier, New 52, Waller in this given that version was dropped in the comics and other media, not to mention I was under the impression the films would probably be adapting less and less from the New 52 as it went along.

    Reverse-Flash/Zoom!? And they got C. Thomas Howell back to play him? I wonder if they'll reference Flashpoint at all?

    Wow, that's a large and eclectic mix of villains and VA's attached to them. I'm curious to see how big a role they all get in this "race" with the Squad and how they sound.

    Julie Nathanson as Silver Banshee? Kinda funny given she's also the voice of Disney's Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

    It's pretty awesome seeing Scandal and Knockout in an animated movie together, and I hope they acknowledge their relationship.

    "Darma?" "Maxmum Steel?" "Savage Gunman?" Even I've never heard of these guys (though I have heard of their VA's).

    Unless "Savage Gunman" is just basically a gunman who works for Vandal Savage, though that seems like a waste of Matthew Mercer...

    Punch? As in Punch and Jewelee? I wonder where Jewelee is then? Or is that who Natalie Lander is actually playing?

    Dave Boat as Two-Face should be...interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/38149-chri...oice-cast.html
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-cast-1073646

    I don't like to complain about things before they release but...this is warranted. If this is the characters final design they look terrible ESPECIALLY Bronze Tiger. What kinda hair is that? And that costume is terrible! They also need to give Harley a damn costume so she can stop with these lazy designs and outfits. The rest of the lineup is meh would rather prefer to see Nightshade but of course that's not happening. AND WHY IS AMANDA SKINNY?
    The only thing that throws me off about Bronze Tiger is the hair.

    Harley is basically just sporting one of her New 52 looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    IDK the designs look generic and that voice cast seems to indicate that there will be a lot of cameos but the standard suicide squad lineup is here for the most part
    Deadshot
    Harley Quinn
    Captain Boomerang

    Not a fan of skinny waller especially since the amazing movie batman:assault on arkham featured a thicker waller.
    I would've been more surprised if those three weren't in this.

    I am kind of surprised Flag isn't.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So the Squad gets involved in a race to death with a bunch of other Supervillains to get a mystical artifact of unimaginable power? Sounds like fun .

    Hey, they got Christian Slater back as Deadshot! I liked him in Justice League Action so it's cool to see him back playing Floyd in this .

    Nice to see Bronze Tiger getting some love in some DC Animation, and in a Suicide Squad movie no less. Hopefully Ben gets a good showing here.

    So Liam Mclyntre goes from playing Weather Wizard on The Flash to voicing Captain Boomerang in this. Next thing you know we'll see Dominic Purcell as Captain Cold and Wentworth Miller as Pied Piper in a future Flash animated movie .

    Nice to see Killer Frost in there, even if she was already in Assault on Arkham, though going by her design it looks like she'll be pretty different from that incarnation...I wouldn't even be surprised if it's Caitlin Snow instead of Louise Lincoln this time around.

    Copperhead is one of those awesome, kooky, DC villains so it's nice to see him getting some love, and Gideon Emery is great. Although I won't be surprised if he's the first Squad member to get killed off.

    Wasn't expecting them to bring Tara back as Harley for this. It almost feels like "revenge" for Hyden Walch replacing her in Assault on Arkham. Also seems very New 52-inspired with her design. I just hope Tara tones down her Harley voice a little for this...

    I'm surprised they went with the skinnier, New 52, Waller in this given that version was dropped in the comics and other media, not to mention I was under the impression the films would probably be adapting less and less from the New 52 as it went along.

    Reverse-Flash/Zoom!? And they got C. Thomas Howell back to play him? I wonder if they'll reference Flashpoint at all?

    Wow, that's a large and eclectic mix of villains and VA's attached to them. I'm curious to see how big a role they all get in this "race" with the Squad and how they sound.

    Julie Nathanson as Silver Banshee? Kinda funny given she's also the voice of Disney's Belle from Beauty and the Beast.


    It's pretty awesome seeing Scandal and Knockout in an animated movie together, and I hope they acknowledge their relationship.

    "Darma?" "Maxmum Steel?" "Savage Gunman?" Even I've never heard of these guys (though I have heard of their VA's).

    Unless "Savage Gunman" is just basically a gunman who works for Vandal Savage, though that seems like a waste of Matthew Mercer...

    Punch? As in Punch and Jewelee? I wonder where Jewelee is then? Or is that who Natalie Lander is actually playing?

    Dave Boat as Two-Face should be...interesting.

    The only thing that throws me off about Bronze Tiger is the hair.

    Harley is basically just sporting one of her New 52 looks.

    I would've been more surprised if those three weren't in this.

    I am kind of surprised Flag isn't.
    This is the number one thing I'm hoping for. I swear if they better not kill him off like Black Spider. I was kinda hoping for Gary Sturgis to voice Ben like he did in Batman the Brave and the Bold.

    I'm looking foward to hearing Belle sound vicious lol.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,390

    Default

    Finally, they’re using Bronze Tiger! Really hope this means they’re testing the water for a film appearance. Not a fan of his long hair.

    I really thought we were done with skinny Waller. Makes no sense to make her skinny again. This looks to be the same continuity as Assault on Arkham where she was the obese Wall. Plus she’s not even skinny in the comics any more.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-11-2018 at 12:17 PM.

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really thought we were done with skinny Waller. Makes no sense to make her skinny again. This looks to be the same continuity as Assault on Arkham where she was the obese Wall. Plus she’s not even skinny in the comics any more.
    Yeah, I just really don't get what they were thinking there.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,916

    Default

    It's also apparently Rated-R.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Most of the villains here are fairly well known. Two-Face, Zoom and Vandal are pretty big.

    As for leadership, well Deadshot is the face of the franchise alongside Harley.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,904

    Default

    Wait, are they using skinny Waller again?

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Finally, they’re using Bronze Tiger! Really hope this means they’re testing the water for a film appearance. Not a fan of his long hair.

    I really thought we were done with skinny Waller. Makes no sense to make her skinny again. This looks to be the same continuity as Assault on Arkham where she was the obese Wall. Plus she’s not even skinny in the comics any more.
    It's part of the New-52 based animated continuity. AoA was part of the Arkham games continuity.

  12. #12
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Julie Nathanson as Silver Banshee? Kinda funny given she's also the voice of Disney's Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
    Wasn't Paige O'Hara the voice of Belle?

    NVM: Saw that Nathanson replaced O'Hara. On a related note, Kristin Bauer van Straten, the voice of Killer Frost, plays Maleficent on Once Upon a Time. She also voiced DCAU JL's Mera and was the vampire Pam on True Blood.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-12-2018 at 08:27 AM.

  13. #13
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    As for leadership, well Deadshot is the face of the franchise alongside Harley.
    Which kind of betrays the point of the rotating roster of the Suicide Squad. There's not supposed to be a "consistent" line-up, yet DC keeps missing the point just to have an attempt at synergy.

  14. #14
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Which kind of betrays the point of the rotating roster of the Suicide Squad. There's not supposed to be a "consistent" line-up, yet DC keeps missing the point just to have an attempt at synergy.
    Waller and Deadshot have been synonymous with the Squad right from the Ostrander run. And this set of characters is more loyal to the Assault on Arkham line-up than the movie line-up.

  15. #15
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,676

    Default

    That article says this releases in spring, which is sooner than I expected. I thought Batman Ninja was coming out before this because of the earlier trailer release. Is that the case?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •