Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Eh, ink is an awesome character. I'm glad hes getting used because he continues the whole regular human aspect of the X-Men that has long been gone for awhile. The phoenix tattoo was garbage, but his abilities are awesome and maybe some other things will happen with that tattoo artist.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    This. This. This. Storm's powers aren't tied to Earth. Her powers are tied to the elements of nature itself and the forces that govern them that exist almost anywhere in the universe. It's Earth that happens to be tied to HER in a special way, which is why she is most proficient there.

this has to be quoted again just in case someone missed it.
    MAY ORORO AND T'CHALLA FOREVER BE!!!!!! HATERS BE GONE!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO! ALL HAIL DAMISA-SARKI!!!

Astonishing Member

Storm sees stars, planets, and empty space as patterns of energy she can bend to her will:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/71Tg6Wel96T...xVFony0a=s1600

Uncanny X-Men #166

Regarding Storm's powers, the more powerful a character is, especially in a team environment, the more likely they are to be shuffled to the back burner, because it becomes almost impossible to create a story where the risk feels real.

As such, I'm good with limits, if that means more use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Regarding Storm's powers, the more powerful a character is, especially in a team environment, the more likely they are to be shuffled to the back burner, because it becomes almost impossible to create a story where the risk feels real.

As such, I'm good with limits, if that means more use.
    yes limits are good. storm has many but what some are trying to sale here including some Xmen writers is complete and utterly wrong. storm doesn't haven't to be on earth for her powers to work and she doesn't need an atmosphere or weather for her powers to work. I think the problem isn't that she is too powerful. Claremont managed to write her and in such a manner that highlighted her strengths while on s team. it's writers/editors are lazy and readers are quick to accept what's given to them as long as their faves are treated properly. so that said, since we are stuck with this writer the best solution would be for storm to be on a team where her abilities can shine and not be repressed to highlight the awesomeness of other characters primarily kitty. this team certainly isn't it.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-12-2018 at 09:52 PM.

This FEATZ talk belongs in the Storm Appreciation thread...

Re: this issue - it seems like it's aiming at being a "X-Men seem doomed alone but save each other as they gather together" issue but I don't know if Gugg can hit his target.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    This FEATZ talk belongs in the Storm Appreciation thread...

Re: this issue - it seems like it's aiming at being a "X-Men seem doomed alone but save each other as they gather together" issue but I don't know if Gugg can hit his target.
    no. its not feats talk, its 616 talk and holding people accountable to the truth as it relates to what has occurred in canon. this clearly needs to occur more often seeing people think Storm can only use her powers on earth.

Doesn’t bother me really. Storm also couldn't control the weather in Hell. She’s not an Omega elemental like Meggan or Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Doesn’t bother me really. Storm also couldn't control the weather in Hell. She’s not an Omega elemental like Meggan or Iceman.
    HA this must be a joke. HAHA if it's not.........wow i'd suggest you do some research sir.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.

The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

Fantastic Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men #286 also establishes that Storm can control the weather in other dimensions/planets once she adapts to it.

First page is from Uncanny #285 and at first she can't control the weather in this other dimension they are in...

Then in the next issue, she is able to adapt to the weather patterns...

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-12-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Uncanny X-Men #369 also establishes that Storm can use her powers in other realities...

On the next page after this one, Storm explains that the elemental beings, the Trion, were afraid of her and had been trying to protect themselves from her because she also wields elemental energy.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-12-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #369 also establishes that Storm can use her powers in other realities...

On the next page after this one, Storm explains that the elemental beings, the Trion, were afraid of her and had been trying to protect themselves from her because she also wields elemental energy.
    thank you for the scans my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you for the scans my friend.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #286 also establishes that Storm can control the weather in other dimensions/planets once she adapts to it.

First page is from Uncanny #285 and at first she can't control the weather in this other dimension they are in...

Then in the next issue, she is able to adapt to the weather patterns...

You beat me to it! I was going to post these scans from "Into the Void"!

Astonishing Member

From Secret Wars #2, the 1984 series:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/5K7f35jRSv9...CqTjgV1L=s1600

Storm: "The air is thick on this world, yet easy to manipulate if one is a mutant weather-witch!..."