Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Could Conner take influence from Nu52 Superman?

I've been thinking - when Conner comes back, instead of the 90's cool guy or the angsty clone, maybe he could be a defender of the little guy like nu 52 Superman? Some fans miss him, so maybe this could be a compromise. Have Conner go to college, where he'll become a crusading blogger and challenge rich jerks and the establishment in both identities, with a young brash edge to him.

He already has a similar costume and a relationship with a Wonder female!

Your late to the party lol,we have discussed this multiple times on the appreciation thread.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the S

-Using the flawed genetic scan as a blueprint,and translating Superman's aura into tactile telekinesis,cadmus created the human super clone

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

This is the same thing which i suggested in Conner's appreciation thread. I have not followed the conversation all the way through. I have to see if it got some traction or not.

I hope not, I didn't like New 52 Superman's character very much.

Influence from N52 Superman? I donīt know, I hope see him with YJ influence...

I remember him in Batgirl Cass comic and... I prefer other kind of character..

Screen Shot 152.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-14-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Waiting for Maya Ducard(aka Nobody) and RSOB return
    Waiting for the first Damian girlfriend..
    Waiting for one Steph&Cass comic..

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd much rather Clark take influence from his New 52 self. Or at least do a better synthesis of his New 52 and post-Crisis self than what we're getting now.

Conner should be returned to his non angsty, YJ days. I don't know much about that take, but he seemed kind of fun compared to later iterations.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Wouldn't be a compromise in my eyes. I like certain New 52/Golden Age aspects for Superman. It doesn't do anything for me personally to transfer certain aspects of that Superman that I liked over onto another character.

That said it could be done. It just wouldn't satisfy me from the point of view of being a Superman fan. And as a Conner fan, I always have and always will prefer the teenaged party guy. That's just Superboy to me, I haven't liked moving away from that. He matured as a hero to the point I felt he needed to way before his massive changes, while still keeping his defining characteristics.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah, his title could be called KID SUPERMAN. That would be the name he gets in the tabloids thanks to Tana Moon. He personally only refers to himself as Superman. The name "Superman" happens to be taken already, but ah well- can you really sue your own clone?
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Mighty Member

I'd be fine with giving him Nu52 Superman's original costume, that's for sure

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

I don't think it'd be a good idea to have him running around in essentially the same costume that Superman wears. There'd be no individuality. Because lets be honest, for all the crap it gets its still Superman's costume. The difference is the details.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I've been thinking - when Conner comes back, instead of the 90's cool guy or the angsty clone, maybe he could be a defender of the little guy like nu 52 Superman? Some fans miss him, so maybe this could be a compromise. Have Conner go to college, where he'll become a crusading blogger and challenge rich jerks and the establishment in both identities, with a young brash edge to him.

He already has a similar costume and a relationship with a Wonder female!
    As some have said, we've had this discussed but I do love the idea. I'd rather Clark still had that period as part of his early history. It's just an amazing call back to his golden age days and bookends his overall comic history with his bio. If they are not going to touch it at all then yeah I'd like to see this with Conner as the Metropolis Kid. Action Comics #1 kind of reminded me of Kon's first full appearance in Adv Superman 501. He can still be a party guy and have a sense of justice. Both are not mutually exclusive. Kentville during truth would have suited Kon perfectly in the way he would have interacted with the people there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't think it'd be a good idea to have him running around in essentially the same costume that Superman wears. There'd be no individuality. Because lets be honest, for all the crap it gets its still Superman's costume. The difference is the details.
    Honestly I'd be gool with the tee shirt Clark wore during Truth. I've always loved the Fleischer "S" and the colors remind me of what Kon wore in the 90s.

Well having those colors under a black leather jacket with a yellow S shield would be a nice mix of both looks.

Course I want those damn fingerless gloves also of course.

Kons origin could be like it was against those same guys in his 1st adv of superman issue,just have his powers totally unknown to him,so he has YJ shows powers,but doesn't know about the TTK(even though he has been using it a lil here and there)
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the S

-Using the flawed genetic scan as a blueprint,and translating Superman's aura into tactile telekinesis,cadmus created the human super clone

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

He 100% needs the black biker jacket.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

He really does.the jacket and gloves is what made his super look different than the others,and that's why Kon fans always want those pieces back.sake for the black S shield,it's what makes his look different and is his.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the S