Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default First Details Released for Aquaman-Centric "Justice League: Throne of Atlantis"

The latest DC Comics-based animated feature will put Aquaman in the spotlight, as voiced by "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" veteran Matt Lanter.

Full article here.

That design for Aquaman is bloody generic.

The design for Mera isn't generic, but it's pretty awful.

This is awesome. Can't wait until we get to see more on the Assault on Arkham special feature. I really hope by the end of the movie Superman and Wonder Woman are together.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Was hoping for a mail chain mail textured and gold coloured look but it doesn't look half bad.

WICKED-AWESOME!!! I cannot wait!

It's about bloody time they did a feature focused on Aquaman.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    That design for Aquaman is bloody generic.
    How's that generic? That's pretty much what Aquaman looks like.

Yeah, the old clean shaven look, with orange shirt and green pants. That boring, clean vanilla design contributed to his perceived lameness(which he isn't).

Yeah, the old clean shaven look, with orange shirt and green pants. That boring, clean vanilla design contributed to his perceived lameness(which he isn't).
    I highly doubt that. What contributed to his lameness can pretty much be exclusively blamed on his lame, lame portrayal on Super Friends. Pretty much anything that makes fun of him for being lame references that. And yeah he had the same costume there that he has now, but its never his costume that gets made fun of, its his powers and perceived uselessness. But yeah I get that personally don't like the design or think its boring, but to me he's the only guy wearing it so I don't really get how its generic. Although it would've been cool if they gave him a beard like in Young Justice and Batman: The Brave and The Bold. Not enough superheroes have beards for some reason.

"I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories."

Is this for real? Real question, are you 14 and did you just start reading comics?

Quote Originally Posted by JokersNuts View Post
    "I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories."

Is this for real? Real question, are you 14 and did you just start reading comics?
    No and I have been reading comics for years. What is wrong with liking the dark and gritty stuff?
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Its generic in the sense that its the most common costume he wears. I do believe that while it is not responsible for the lameness perception, it hasn't helped it.

If they are hell bent on using that costume, a better example of a really good update of the costume is in Injustice Gods Among Us.

6c035ec2cb007de0ba0bdbb41c9ccd4b_9.nphd.jpg

Slap a beard on Aquaman and there is your Sea King. Instead they go with that stupid design.

Awesome news, albeit not too surprising given the end-credits scene from JL: War. Glad to see the same cast as before returning. Aquaman was one of the heroes that benefited most from the New 52 reboot so it makes sense that he would have a prominent role in the next animated movie. I hope Mera gets to show up as well. There needs to be another powerful woman in the JL cast and she would definitely fit the bill. Sucks that we'll have to wait until next year to see it, but DC animation has proved time and again that quality animation is worth waiting for.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Nah, that would be Super Friends that did that.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The design for Mera isn't generic, but it's pretty awful.
    I clicked on the picture there, just to make sure, and I could only see Aquaman in the water, standing broodily, determindedly, a circle of Matt Lanter on the top right.

Where do you see Mera?