Page 419 of 455 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 6821
    Elder Member

Anything with Otherworld imho would best be done in a mini, which I would not be against, unless they created a threat from Otherworld that Betsy would need to form a team to fight of those that she trusts...meaning that Brian and Meggan could join along with a few others and go from there...

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Yeah. This needs to happen. Every author who as written her in the past many years mentioned they wanted to do some Otherworld/Captain Britain stuff with her they never got around to doing.

Marvel. Make it happen!

P.S. I was also going to put "Featuring Psylocke as the All-New Captain Britain!" in the bottom left corner, but I got lazy.
    I think this cover also made me realize how much I miss her at the moment. A lot of the x-book announcements left me kinda cold and even the ones that have sparked my interest midly are still a bit dull with my favorite psychic ninja status still uncertain. I mean she's been a major in Uncanny but with the book currently in event tie-in mode she's been absent for what the past two or three months? The fight with Mystique was her last shining moment?

I'm pretty much with you that she may end up in an Uncanny Avengers relaunch but I'm just antsy for an official word. Whoever writes it needs to jump out the gate with their Otherworld story, too.

Elder Member

Right now I just don't see a why she would join the Avengers team since she doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of the Avengers, sure it'd be nice to see her in an ongoing even though this version of Uncanny never really fit that name, but maybe she needs a short break to reset a bit before hopefully in the not to distant future a new writer adds her to an X-team and writes her well...

Remember though that Betsy is going to show up soon as she has to fight Magneto before Bunn's run ends...for all that we know he could kill her off...though I'm hoping and expecting that he doesn't...is there definitely going to be a relaunch or is it right now just wishful thinking...

I truly think a 6 issue Otherworld Comic, specifically focused on the Braddock's would be amazing. I'd love for this to happen. Then we'd get a TB with some great concept art etc.
    It'd open up another side to the Braddock clan, that others could follow on. Tighten up some loose ends, give us a Braddock's legacy going forward.
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Elder Member

But which Braddock legacy points would that be, the version of them that was up until Remender opened up a can of worms by having their father involved with the Weapon X program...but as much as we love Betsy it doesn't seem that Marvel has the same view of the Otherworld and having she and Brian together in a comic anytime soon, the young O5 and Magneto are so much cooler right now...note sarcasm...

I think it would be a focus of the twins. Since even during the Captain Britain books themselves Elizabeth and Brian were "created" with purpose, which is why I still don't think she's a true mutant. She might have a mutation that REGISTERS as a mutant, but she could be an Otherworld style mutant, which is just a normal half fey being in Otherworld. Which could explain she and Jaime gaining their powers the way they did. Jaime could be an aberration, and her human half mutation slightly overcoming the fey half.
    The legacy would have to do with Brian taking his seat once again, reforming the Captain Britain Corps, with Elizabeth as his first. The legacy would be becoming even larger protector of the Earth realm.
    To me, that would make her standing within Marvel greater and better than just sexy psychic ninja chick, which is beyond played.
    I mean her elevation from B/C list would be hard to ignore. Also Elizabeth Braddock could be used much more in terms of Movies, TV, and animation, than just Psylocke would.
    Marvel and marvel Uk still have the rights to Captain Britain and Elizabeth Braddock up until New Mutants annual #2. STRIKE has already been in saptain America, Lance hunter is on Agents fo SHIELD. Captain may still get a show and his purple haired sister would be at his side.
    FOX would still have the ninja asian chick Psylocke. We'd have the best of both worlds if so chosen. But I trust her upgraded profile beyond ninja chick would help a lot.
    Is always confused.....

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Elder Member

But in the recent X-men movie is she only called Psylocke or do they use her actual name, because if it's the latter then...not sure a comic about the corps would sell, not saying that it's not an interesting story but...personally never thought of Betsy as much of a B list and certainly not a C list character, she's been in the low to mid A list level in my book for awhile, though just shunted off to satellite books over the last several years...Agents of Shield might as well be an entirely different reality for all that it ties into the actual comic universe...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But in the recent X-men movie is she only called Psylocke or do they use her actual name, because if it's the latter then...not sure a comic about the corps would sell, not saying that it's not an interesting story but...personally never thought of Betsy as much of a B list and certainly not a C list character, she's been in the low to mid A list level in my book for awhile, though just shunted off to satellite books over the last several years...Agents of Shield might as well be an entirely different reality for all that it ties into the actual comic universe...
    You're missing what i'm saying lol.
    agents of SHIELD the TV show, the MCU one. She can be in that, since Marvel UK still owns Elizabeth Braddock. She can be used in FOX and MCU basically.
    For listing as B/C list. Iron had his own books forever and was still consider a B-lister. Wasn't until afte the movie he became the face of Marvel.
    Captain America was an A-list (B-lister) in terms of the films, and even the books.

So that's what I mean by the list.
    A short term book about Otherworld doesn't need to sell eleventy billion copies, it can be a one mini and done.
    Is always confused.....

Elder Member

A mini about Otherworld would be fine to me, as for Agents of Shield, I just meant that if they gave her full name in the latest X-men movie that might kind of mess things up since both sides can't use the same characters, both the movie and the tv verse, otherwise the AOS probably would have used mutants already...

As for the A list, love it or hate it but her becoming a ninja to me helped Betsy move up the list to a low A, mostly because the movies and Marvel still love Jean and Storm and now even the likes of Kitty more than Betsy sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    A mini about Otherworld would be fine to me, as for Agents of Shield, I just meant that if they gave her full name in the latest X-men movie that might kind of mess things up since both sides can't use the same characters, both the movie and the tv verse, otherwise the AOS probably would have used mutants already...

As for the A list, love it or hate it but her becoming a ninja to me helped Betsy move up the list to a low A, mostly because the movies and Marvel still love Jean and Storm and now even the likes of Kitty more than Betsy sadly...
    They can use Betsy or Elizabeth or 'liza, Glorianna, She's got a few nicknames. Also, she's never been called Elizabeth in the X-films.
    Is always confused.....

Elder Member

Would that work the same if her full name was up on a computer monitor or would it have to be said for that all to work...

So Betsy in the MCU is something we can discuss?
    My ideas:
    a) She and Jamie are twins, younger than Brian and their mother is Asian. this would explain why they have natural powers while Brian doesn't. ( I assume they'd go with the ultimate version of Captain Britain's powers, aka: super soldier serum + suit). They could be inhumans.
    b) Since the codename Psylocke can't be used, let's go with "Butterfly" or no codename at all.
    c)Powers: No TK. The ultimate version of her powerset would be nice: Strong telepathy, Psi-Grenades (aka the Psycho Blast) and the psychic knife.
    d) I'd like to see the butterfly aura, maybe as streaks of a misty energy (like AoU SW when she hypnotized the Avengers) emanating from her eyes + glow in her irises
    e) She's a STRIKE agent, not a ninja. But I think she could do some Black Widow style fighting, the knife would be like the widow bite.

I remember Fox wanted Priyanka Chopra to play her in a Wolverine movie... I don't have anything against a British asian (aka South Asian) telepath (mangaverse Psylocke is Indian), since my casting choice is now playing Elektra.
    Last edited by Lucas_xfan; 02-07-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Veteran Member

I'd like to see the entire Betsy/Kwannon arc as a TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_xfan View Post
    So Betsy in the MCU is something we can discuss?
    My ideas:
    a) She and Jamie are twins, younger than Brian and their mother is Asian. this would explain why they have natural powers while Brian doesn't. ( I assume they'd go with the ultimate version of Captain Britain's powers, aka: super soldier serum + suit). They could be inhumans.
    b) Since the codename Psylocke can't be used, let's go with "Butterfly" or no codename at all.
    c)Powers: No TK. The ultimate version of her powerset would be nice: Strong telepathy, Psi-Grenades (aka the Psycho Blast) and the psychic knife.
    d) I'd like to see the butterfly aura, maybe as streaks of a misty energy (like AoU SW when she hypnotized the Avengers) emanating from her eyes + glow in her irises
    e) She's a STRIKE agent, not a ninja. But I think she could do some Black Widow style fighting, the knife would be like the widow bite.

I remember Fox wanted Priyanka Chopra to play her in a Wolverine movie... I don't have anything against a British asian (aka South Asian) telepath (mangaverse Psylocke is Indian), since my casting choice is now playing Elektra.
    Psylocke in the MCU CANNOT BE ASIAN.

A) Any talk of Psylocke in the MCU is her as a white woman or other ethnic background (Non Japanese/Chinese), period. So if that's not the Psylocke you care for you won't get that. If you prefer or want Asian mom, and half asian Psylocke stick with FOX. They would either be Alien/human hybrids (Otherworld), or Inhumans, maybe part of the royal family.

B) She can get a code name related to Lady London, or Butterfly would work. Lady Braddock is cool with me.

C) You're still talking asian Psylocke. She can't use or have the Psychic knife. No telekinesis. She's a pure Telepath and Clairvoyant. Those are the rights owned by Marvel UK. Remember, Elizabeth Braddock POST/Including New Mutants Annual #2 is owned by FOX. So anything after that will nto be MCU.

D) She has performed those feats before in the Captain Britain book.

E) She's a STRIKE agent, but she wasn't a combatant. She was a remote viewer/reader, with very minor personal combat training. Think CIA/FBI/NSA Analyst, not James Bond. That wasn't her thing.
    However since the MCu is an alternate universe, she would probably be as capable as Scarlet Witch, or somewhere between the Black Widow, and Scarlet witch.

She won't be asian, so strike all that out for MCU Elizabeth. I take that back, she wont be Chinese or Japanese asian. She'll be white or another Ethnic group.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 02-07-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Is always confused.....

My top 3

Kelly Brook

Is always confused.....