Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Inside "Death of Archie" With Artists Pat Kennedy & Fernando Ruiz

The artists behind "Life With Archie's" fatal finale discuss the changing face of Riverdale and Archie's moment of truth with an exclusive look at what's next.

Full article here.

Wow. I know this is an acclaimed series, and I have no reason to think the creative staff is not top notch, but to be quite honest, the entire thought of Archie Andrews, iconic American teenager, dying is really a huge downer for me. What's next? "The Death of Kermit?" "A Very Special Brady Funeral"?

It just seems like this type of story could have been told without using such a well known character. I know it might not have had as much impact, but for me, the impact is utterly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Wow. I know this is an acclaimed series, and I have no reason to think the creative staff is not top notch, but to be quite honest, the entire thought of Archie Andrews, iconic American teenager, dying is really a huge downer for me. What's next? "The Death of Kermit?" "A Very Special Brady Funeral"?

It just seems like this type of story could have been told without using such a well known character. I know it might not have had as much impact, but for me, the impact is utterly depressing.
    I am looking forward to it. Since the first issue of "Afterlife". Archie Comics have had my attention.