Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The Nova Corps Unite in "Guardians of the Galaxy" Character Posters

John C. Reilly's Rhomann Dey & Glenn Close's Nova Prime are the latest character to receive the "Guardians of the Galaxy" poster treatment.

Full article here.

Wow, those are two unhappy sourpusses. Haven't they heard the news that this is a fun summer blockbuster?
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Loki, Mighty Avengers, She-Hulk, Superior Foes, Jupiter's Legacy, Rat Queens & Saga.

I'm still shocked by the changes to the Nova Corps. I don't know much about them, but looking at how different the uniforms in the movie are from the comic books, I'm wondering if there's a Nova Force in the movie corps or they're as weak or more weaker than the book corps. Btw Why is John C Reily in this movie? (Yes, it's comedy, but that's a good way to let me know that the Nova Corps can't taken seriously).

I hope the Nova Corps look better in the film, they look terrible here.

I bet they were afraid a traditional Nova Corps would seem to similar to the Green Lantern Corps. To movie-goers.
    Original Artwork and Disjointed Narrative:
    Smoking Kills
    http://kay-sanborn-smoking-kills.blogspot.ca/

Inconsistent Ramblings on Comics, and My Own Screwy Life
    A Pot-Head's Comic Book Blog
    http://stonernerd.blogspot.ca/
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, The New Warriors, Saga, Spider-Man 2099, Trees

Or these are just the ordinary grunts. Perhaps the elite Corpsman, like say Richard Rider for example, get to be really cool and badass. Got to save something for a sequel, or a potential Nova movie after all. Yondu looks badass and Glenn Close is Glenn Close. She will always be awesome simply by virtue of being Glenn Close. Glenn Close=awesome, this is a mathematical certitude. Oh and John C. Reilly isn't SOLELY a comedic actor. He's been in quite a few more dramatic roles and done quite well.

John C Reily was an actor before he become a Comedic actor. First time I saw him was in days of Thunder with Tom Cruise. Im bet there a lot of old movies hes in that aren't comedic in nature. Plus hes really funny. Hes probably like an officer. While the bad ass Nove Corps are like Special Forces. Hes just a bureaucrat I bet. While Close is the HBIC. Maybe they will allude to Richard(hopefully) or Sam in passing. Or just to an elite tier of Nove Corp Soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Torch.7 View Post
    I'm still shocked by the changes to the Nova Corps. I don't know much about them, but looking at how different the uniforms in the movie are from the comic books, I'm wondering if there's a Nova Force in the movie corps or they're as weak or more weaker than the book corps. Btw Why is John C Reily in this movie? (Yes, it's comedy, but that's a good way to let me know that the Nova Corps can't taken seriously).
    Even in the Comics, the lower ranked Novas had less power than the higher ranked guys.

Maybe in this version, the Novas that can fly and whatnot are special forces types.

roll up the partition plz vitamin's Avatar

Glenn Close looks fantastic.
    What's so bad about not having a soul anyway?
    Phoenix Egg

So is the Nova Corps a diverse group? All these guys look human. And are they actually human or humanoid aliens?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I bet they were afraid a traditional Nova Corps would seem to similar to the Green Lantern Corps. To movie-goers.
    Or Time-Warner lawyers...

The Nova CORPS looks very low tech and, well, somewhat sad compared to any comic book version. I imagine they'd have to get a complete revamp if a Nova movie ever cane into being.

I think just the basic color scheme makes them look awful. Gold and black would look so much better on screen than the grey and blue they seem to be going for. I am hoping that maybe they will just say that these are what the Nova centurions that are planet based or that they are just the guards of the headquaters, and that field agents were something different more in line with the classic look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think just the basic color scheme makes them look awful. Gold and black would look so much better on screen than the grey and blue they seem to be going for.
    They're gold and blue, just like in the comics.

All the images I have seen are more grey with some gold highlights and and that blue is just way to light. They look like they are just wearing garage work coveralls under those bulking chest pieces that look like something you would ear riding motorcross. They honestly look like something someone would through together in a weekend to wear to a cosplay convention for not alot of money.