Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Powers" TV Casts Deena Pilgrim and Two More

Susan Heyward, recently seen on "The Following," has been cast as co-lead Deena Pilgrim on the PlayStation Network's "Powers" TV show.

Full article here.

I wonder if Bendis would go the route of Kirkman and leaves Marvel if this show becomes a success.

The show is supposed to be released in Decemeber this year, and yet they're just casting the leads now? How many episodes are there supposed to be anyway?

Look, I get that people want diversity these days but Christian already has a black partner in Enki! Couldn't they have simply introduced her? Unnecessary changes like this to the source material annoys me.

I hope the original pilot gets released somehow. I wanna see the T-Mobile Girl as Retro Girl.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Why does these companies have to be so unfaithful to the original source material? I've been recently collecting the Powers: Definitive Collections in excitement for this upcoming show and so far I've been loving it!! I strongly believe that this is Bendis's second strongest title next to Ultimate SM. I wished they'd make them look more like the characters on the show as well.
    I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets, tangled in strings. But now I'm free. There are no strings on me.

-Ultron

RIP Wolverine: He taught us to be the Best there is at what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by anubiz632 View Post
    Look, I get that people want diversity these days but Christian already has a black partner in Enki! Couldn't they have simply introduced her? Unnecessary changes like this to the source material annoys me.
    Best actor gets the part! Period. She was the best, out of lots of people. We are not going for walking action figures either, writing and acting comes first.
    Last edited by Oeming; 07-16-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Why does these companies have to be so unfaithful to the original source material? I've been recently collecting the Powers: Definitive Collections in excitement for this upcoming show and so far I've been loving it!! I strongly believe that this is Bendis's second strongest title next to Ultimate SM. I wished they'd make them look more like the characters on the show as well.
    The creators are creating this show Nothing unfaithful to to the show is happening here, trust me, Susan is amazing. No one else came close.

I love that Oeming came on to dispell any "diversity for diversity's sake" haters who assume that's why she got the part.

I trust this Oeming guy is being 100% honest here.

Quote Originally Posted by anubiz632 View Post
    What does Bendis and Oeming think? It's their creation.
    Excited for this show..glad it is finally happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I wonder if Bendis would go the route of Kirkman and leaves Marvel if this show becomes a success.
    Bendis followed the reverse path. He started out at Image and became a Marvel loyalist while Kirkman clearly did not see eye to eye with how Marvel did business.
    Amy: Have you ever run away from something because you were scared, or not ready, or just... just because you could?
    The Doctor: Once. A long time ago.
    Amy: What happened?
    The Doctor: [gestures to himself] Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    "Powers" doesn't belong to a company. It's not a Marvel book, it's owned by Bendis and Oeming.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D.
    What does Bendis and Oeming think? It's their creation.
    Bendis is an executive producer on the show, so I assume he's more than okay with it.
    Amy: Have you ever run away from something because you were scared, or not ready, or just... just because you could?
    The Doctor: Once. A long time ago.
    Amy: What happened?
    The Doctor: [gestures to himself] Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    "Powers" doesn't belong to a company. It's not a Marvel book, it's owned by Bendis and Oeming.

Bendis is an executive producer on the show, so I assume he's more than okay with it.
    Yeah, I know. Oeming stated upthread that they thought the actress was phenomenal, and that is why they cast her.
    It's nice when creators can have control.

This reminds me of the time Frank Darabont cast Morgan Freeman as a character meant to be a redheaded Irishman. Boy did that ever suck. Completely ruined that movie.