Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170
Results 2,536 to 2,538 of 2538
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    If you're understanding of Superman is through the lens of family life I'd say you're the misguided person who somehow found their way to the character once he got hitched. Probably should read some old school stuff and get a better grasp on the character.
    Or maybe they have read old school stuff and prefer the fresh angle of being hitched with a family over repeating the same tired beats with him single time and again. Ever consider that ?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; Today at 08:08 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Or maybe they have read old school stuff and prefer the repetitively fresh angle of being hitched with a family over repeating the same tired beats with him single time and again. Ever consider that ?
    Superman's marriage to Lois post-crisis wasn't even the first time they had been married. The truth about the "fresh" post crisis ideas is that much like most post 70's story telling it wasn't really fresh but just a combination of strip mining of the past and deconstructionism. Clark becoming a newsanchor is a new idea, Clark being a journalist but also married to Lois isn't.
    OOOHHHHHH!! - Joe Rogan

On reflection, this is all off-topic. I'll stick to talking Bendis here.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; Today at 08:48 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs