Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    DC Comics Historian
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    So is Jessica Cruz going to be a thing? Seemed like she just kissed him.
    I'm a Vicki Vale fan. I think it's a friggin scandal how much she is underused. She's the most memorable love interest in Batman movie franchise history. They did end up bringing her back when Brice came back to the present but even then it felt forced. Aside from that I had been out of comics for a while until then end of Hush and them countdown to Infinite Crisis started and I was truly sucked back in with The Omac Project. Sasha Bordeux always seemed different than to other writers. I will always love me some Greg Rucka. He easily did as much for Batman at the turn of the century than Any writer today.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    in 1987’s Batman: Son of the Demon. A child is shown at the end, believed to be the product of this union. However, it is later stated that the child was conceived after Talia drugged and raped Batman in a separate encounter.
    That's incorrect.

    Grant Morrison when he introduced the child into current canon based his origin on Son of Demon a story he vaguely recalled and somehow remembered as rape. A grave error that has since being retconed thankfully. He has since admitted his mistake and Ra's/Talia has been known to drug him in other stories but never in a date rape scenerio.

    According to Morrison the any romantic ties between the two ended in Batman Inc.
    Talia saying Bruce will never forgive her for what she's about to do. Shortly after Heretic killed Damian
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-07-2018 at 09:44 AM.

  3. #18
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    6,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    According to Morrison the any romantic ties between the two ended in Batman Inc.
    Talia saying Bruce will never forgive her for what she's about to do. Shortly after Heretic killed Damian
    Yea, things have changed big time with Talia and Bruce. Talia's Inc behavior has somewhat been explained away as Laz Pit related (which they kinda needed to do to justify Bruce even talking to her anymore in comics), but Bruce and her seem pretty distant and unromantic now. It feels like that flirtation won't come back (especially from Bruce's end).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-07-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, things have changed big time with Talia and Bruce. Talia's Inc behavior has somewhat been explained away as Laz Pit related (which they kinda needed to do to justify Bruce even talking to her anymore in comics), but Bruce and her seem pretty distant and unromantic now. It feels like that flirtation won't come back (especially from Bruce's end).
    I doubt the flirtation will come back soon nor should it imo.
    I thought maybe she hadn't planned to but listening to Morrison's podcast it seems she did.

    I was surprised on his take on the pairing.
    He believes she was on a different level. Completely out of Batman's league.

    As much as I hated Damian's mother killing him I loved Batman Inc.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    I'm a Vicki Vale fan. I think it's a friggin scandal how much she is underused. She's the most memorable love interest in Batman movie franchise history. They did end up bringing her back when Brice came back to the present but even then it felt forced. Aside from that I had been out of comics for a while until then end of Hush and them countdown to Infinite Crisis started and I was truly sucked back in with The Omac Project. Sasha Bordeux always seemed different than to other writers. I will always love me some Greg Rucka. He easily did as much for Batman at the turn of the century than Any writer today.
    I don't know I have a soft spot for Pfeiffer as far as movie loves go.

  6. #21
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    So is Jessica Cruz going to be a thing? Seemed like she just kissed him.
    I don't know what Priest is doing there, probably some sort of ruse to draw out the Fan for reasons, but its not going to be a thing. If anything they're starting the set up for Jessica and Simon, which I always imagined would come eventually. And I'm pretty convinced they're all in on the marriage on Bruce's end.

    I'm not as invested in Jessica so admittedly my reaction isn't as strong here as it was with Diana, especially since at the very least Jessica herself is currently single and hell, very possible someone like her may not even KNOW about Bruce's status. But either way its tired thing to do twice now in one month with the same character.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  7. #22
    Mighty Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,898

    Default

    Are we counting Jezebel Jet too?

    Edit: I saw she was listed, just not with her own section header.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,898

    Default

    I also always liked Andrea Beaumont aka Phantasm from the BTAS lore...I've always wanted her to transition to the comics.

    Bruce and Lois's flirting was kind of fun in the first BTAS/STAS movie crossover they did...which hardens back to the idea of Vicki Vale as the OP stated.

  9. #24
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    [B][U]

    14. Vesper Fairchild was a radio talk show host who, in 1997, began a relationship with Bruce Wayne. This ended when she left town during the events of No Manís Land in 1999.
    Wasn't she killed by Lex Luthor via David Cain because of reasons that I can't remember?

  10. #25
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    6,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I also always liked Andrea Beaumont aka Phantasm from the BTAS lore...I've always wanted her to transition to the comics.
    I love Andrea and she is absolutely in my head canon as Bruce's Pre-Julie Madison love.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Teen Titans Tower
    Posts
    5,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    So is Jessica Cruz going to be a thing? Seemed like she just kissed him.
    I doubt this... Despite is a good scene for this.. I Jessica, for this I donīt want this..

    THIS IS GOING TO BE COMPLICATED

    I think... that this was a trick against fan who believes who knows EVERYTHING about the JL members..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-07-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Waiting for the first Damian girlfriend.
    Cass is with the Outsiders. Waiting for one comic with Steph.

  12. #27
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Rachel Dawes was more of a friend that Bruce was fixated on rather than a true romance but she still deserves mention here!

  13. #28
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Nocturna was a surprisingly serious one (took up a lot of panel space) for a brief time (1983-1985). And Batman may have learned of her perfume powers, but afterward he was very much knowingly interested in her romantically. Tec #556 is their last kiss that some might say ends their romantic interests with both realizing it can't work. #557 sees Bruce tell jealous Catwoman his true feelings are for her and Nocturna fades away from Batman comics for a long time.

    The Nocturna saga for me is this kinda height of Batman romantic soap era, so early 80s. Soap opera = usually or unusually focusing on emotional relationships to the point of melodrama.

    The flirtations/dating with Nocturna did coincide with Bruce dating/having interest in/being pursued by Vicki and Catwoman and Julia. It was a wild time in Bruce's love life.
    Wow, thanks! I'm amending my post to reflect all that! But how did that work out with him telling Catwoman he loved her?

    Kinda sucks that all that history with Catwoman was eradicated Post-Crisis. Makes me wonder about how it all developed Post-Crisis, how and when he learned her identity, and what history they had that led up to that kiss in Hush.

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Are we counting Jezebel Jet too?

    Edit: I saw she was listed, just not with her own section header.
    Yeah, I mentioned I was mentioning, but not officially numbering, "loves" that turned out to be with evil women, and based on deception, the entire time.

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Wasn't she killed by Lex Luthor via David Cain because of reasons that I can't remember?
    Yeah I mentioned that further down.

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I also always liked Andrea Beaumont aka Phantasm from the BTAS lore...I've always wanted her to transition to the comics.

    Bruce and Lois's flirting was kind of fun in the first BTAS/STAS movie crossover they did...which hardens back to the idea of Vicki Vale as the OP stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Rachel Dawes was more of a friend that Bruce was fixated on rather than a true romance but she still deserves mention here!
    As far as love interests that occur exclusively in other media...

    Andrea Beaumont
    Chase Meridian
    Lois Lane
    Rachel Dawes
    And, of course, Barbara Gordon.


    Now, a couple of questions: I'm super unfamiliar with anything after New 52, but this Batman Inc thing you guys are talking about is in that timeline, right? I edited my fourth post to reflect that.

    Also, anyone wanna elaborate on this Jessica person?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 02-07-2018 at 06:28 PM.

  14. #29
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Wow, thanks! I'm amending my post to reflect all that! But how did that work out with him telling Catwoman he loved her?

    Kinda sucks that all that history with Catwoman was eradicated Post-Crisis. Makes me wonder about how it all developed Post-Crisis, how and when he learned her identity, and what history they had that led up to that kiss in Hush.

    Also, anyone wanna elaborate on this Jessica person?
    In Tec 558 they partner up and fight crime together. Jason Todd gets jealous and Batman makes them bond (they do, and it's nice). But the team up is over by 565 just in time for a new writer to come on board a couple issues later. The partnership breaks up because of trust issues.

    As for this new Jessica person - jury is out that it was even a kiss. Pretty sure she was doing green lantern ring mumbo jumbo (unless they were having the most awkward kiss of all time - their faces don't line up properly for it - she would be kissing him with her nose....).

  15. #30
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,135

    Default

    This caught my attention. That's a lot to digest numbering helps. Fascinating read and very informative.
    Bruce has had quite a few loves and relationships then again it has been 75 odd years.Never realised he had come close to committing this many times thought this was the 1st time.


    How does he juggle WE, Batmaning, JL, Charity events, brooding, single dadding and still find time for Date nights. Impressive.

    Bruce has been trying to find happiness and peace for a while now it seems.Dude isn't a loner at all.
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-07-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •