View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

    61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

    58 48.74%
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 593
  1. #121
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    wasn't the future changed already by BB and Cyborg because they hated it?
    pretty much lol
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-08-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  2. #122
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    wasn't the future changed already by BB and Cyborg because they hated it?
    Well, Beast Boy and Cyborg hated that future because the other Titans had grown up and embraced the dreaded "responsibility" that the younger Titans hated so much.

    In that future,

    1. Dick and Babs were happily married with 3 kids.

    2. Starfire had become Queen of Tamaran.

    3. Raven had forever defeated Trigon and become a universal goddess of light.

    This was the "best possible future" that Beast Boy and Cyborg undid (tho TTG has almost zero continuity anyway, so whatevs).

  3. #123
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Well, Beast Boy and Cyborg hated that future because the other Titans had grown up and embraced the dreaded "responsibility" that the younger Titans hated so much.

    In that future,

    1. Dick and Babs were happily married with 3 kids.

    2. Starfire had become Queen of Tamaran.

    3. Raven had forever defeated Trigon and become a universal goddess of light.

    This was the "best possible future" that Beast Boy and Cyborg undid (tho TTG has almost zero continuity anyway, so whatevs).
    In that future,the teen titans were dissolved. Three team members had grown up and become boring adults. No pizza, no crime-fighting career, that was highly likely the worst possible future in the context of TTG. Anyway, my point is that future was gone. :P

  4. #124
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    I could go on and on about the short end that Bette has gotten, but that is out of topic of this thread.

    Despite the fact that Bette is ~little~ in Dick's (or most of the Batfamily's) live/s in the nu 52 - and hey, I guess if we look at it correctly

    she's only been a minor character with (previous to nu52) 'foil-qualities'. She is a silly plot point to Dick/Robin/Nightwing.

    But I doubt that was her original intention of forming
    1) as the original Bat-girl, she was obviously intended to be a romantic interest for Dick, Silver-Age era. Though some other blonde in the '50s (Golden Age even?) gave Robin his first kiss, the original kiss between Betty and Robin is fairly iconic, especially for Silver Age readers.
    2) As the recreated, revisioned Flamebird, there was obviously a more light-hearted attempt at showing a connection, especially since Nightwing was really becoming a thing. It is always possible that down the road from the late '80s, Bette might have been written more into Titans/Dick's orbit and would have actually been

    a serious contender for soulmate or serious girlfriend, to Dick. [what happened?]

  5. #125
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But she doesnít. Dick doesnít get out of Gotham because of Kory. Be it Gotham or Titans Dick is already tied to these places on his own. Regardless of Babs or Kory. Iím a big fan of Kory, but the she isnít really in a position to take anyone anywhere.
    At one point, Dick didn t live in Gotham and lived in Manhattan instead (or Jump City in the cartoon). He was with Kory in that instance. So at one point, Dick was not tied to Gotham and leading a superhero team while dating Kory. He's never left Gotham or Gotham-lite/Bludhaven while with Babs. That's not to say itcouldnt happen, or that he hasn't hit some brick wall's with Starfire either.

  6. #126
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    At one point, Dick didn t live in Gotham and lived in Manhattan instead (or Jump City in the cartoon). He was with Kory in that instance. So at one point, Dick was not tied to Gotham and leading a superhero team while dating Kory. He's never left Gotham or Gotham-lite/Bludhaven while with Babs. That's not to say itcouldnt happen, or that he hasn't hit some brick wall's with Starfire either.
    Does no matter how far he goes he will always come back to Gotham, like batman and every other bat characters, Babes and Dick are just destined, whereas Kory could go anywhere I don't think she would ever make Gotham her home, that city doesn't fit her at the end of the day

  7. #127
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Bruce Wayne and Damian Wayne.

  8. #128
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    At one point, Dick didn t live in Gotham and lived in Manhattan instead (or Jump City in the cartoon). He was with Kory in that instance. So at one point, Dick was not tied to Gotham and leading a superhero team while dating Kory. He's never left Gotham or Gotham-lite/Bludhaven while with Babs. That's not to say itcouldnt happen, or that he hasn't hit some brick wall's with Starfire either.
    Ya, and at other points he has lived in NY and Chicago. He lived in Manhattan at that time because thats where Titans were, not because thats where Kory was.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-09-2018 at 08:56 AM.

  9. #129
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    In that future,the teen titans were dissolved. Three team members had grown up and become boring adults. No pizza, no crime-fighting career, that was highly likely the worst possible future in the context of TTG. Anyway, my point is that future was gone. :P
    And my counterpoint would be, at least TTG had a future where Robin and Batgirl are together. The show has done multiple time travel / future versions of the Titans by now. But you know what future hasn't been shown or even exists?

    Any future where Robin and Starfire are together.

    And that show is more influential than you think / fear. My kid loves TTG and so do millions of other kids that age. More so than have watched the earlier Teen Titans show. And most of these kids may never read an actual comic book later (mine most assuredly will).

    So for them, the idea of Robin x Starfire has already been imprinted on them as an unrequited one - sided joke.

    Oh, and a TTG theatrical movie is coming out this summer.

  10. #130
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    And my counterpoint would be, at least TTG had a future where Robin and Batgirl are together. The show has done multiple time travel / future versions of the Titans by now. But you know what future hasn't been shown or even exists?

    Any future where Robin and Starfire are together.

    And that show is more influential than you think / fear. My kid loves TTG and so do millions of other kids that age. More so than have watched the earlier Teen Titans show. And most of these kids may never read an actual comic book later (mine most assuredly will).

    So for them, the idea of Robin x Starfire has already been imprinted on them as an unrequited one - sided joke.

    Oh, and a TTG theatrical movie is coming out this summer.
    Teen Titans go is a parody. This episode on the dick/babs was a parody to ridicule/troll the dick/babs shippers, that goes for the dick/kory shippers. It's all a parody for laughs, kids like slapstick and are not into shipping, so the Show is not promoting this. There nothing to read into it.

  11. #131
    Mighty Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    And let's not forget how the "iconic" DickBabs ship of the DCAU ended...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  12. #132
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Teen Titans go is a parody. This episode on the dick/babs was a parody to ridicule/troll the dick/babs shippers, that goes for the dick/kory shippers. It's all a parody for laughs, kids like slapstick and are not into shipping, so the Show is not promoting this. There nothing to read into it.
    yeah ttg trolls both ships, dickxkori more so then dickxbabs though

  13. #133
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, and at other points he has lived in NY and Chicago. He lived in Manhattan at that time because thats where Titans were, not because thats where Kory was.
    The reasons don't matter, Kory was there during a period where he wasn't known as a Bat character, and breaking out of Bruce's shadow. She was a major component in him becoming Nightwing. Babs hasn't had that, and is largely associated with Dick getting pulled back into the Bat-verse and being unable to leave.

    Even if he lived in Chicago, he was doing it as Nightwing in a spin off book of Batman.

  14. #134
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,604

    Default

    The reason's do matter. You attributing things to Babs and Kory that their characters didn't and don't really influence. Kory was there but she is not the reason he was there or the reason he became Nightwing. She is not what took him there. Babs isn't what makes Dick a Bat character, and Kory isn't what makes Dick a Titans. Neither really takes him to places he can't already go.

    And so what if he was doing it as Nightwing in his own solo title called Nightwing. He's fully capable of not living in Gotham regardless of Babs or Kory. Technically he didn't live in Gotham when he was with either. Even if Bludhaven was Gotham light.

    Kory's a great character, but she lacks the influence or sustainability to really take anyone anywhere. Her world is the Titans. A world and franchise Dick is already firmly entrenched into regardless of Kory. Even though she with out question made the Titan's world better and bigger. Adding space and cosmic's elements to it. But Kory herself has not really develop outside of the Titans bubble.
    Babs arguably has more potential to take Dick to different places as she's part of a world and a franchise he is not, BoP, and could connect him to characters he would otherwise not interact with. Like BC and GA. Though someone new like Jessica Cruz or Power Girl could expand on that even more then either at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-09-2018 at 09:48 AM.

  15. #135
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Bruce Wayne and Damian Wayne.
    No just no. Neither of these characters has been portrayed as being gay, nor has Nightwing for that matter.

    Besides, post Teen Titans the Judas Contract, I ship Damian with Raven.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •