Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

The biggest problem is not working this out with the players. A bunch of rich, mostly Republican, owners telling mostly black players they can't protest is bad all around.

I was listening to Sports Radio, and they brought up a good point. What if the protest was about treatment of our Veterans or against abortion or school shootings. Would there be this outrage over the protest?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well the NFLPA are prepared to go to battle over this.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...cy-on-kneeling

They are claiming if its not in the CBA they will seek to challenge this and basically claims the NFL and its owners failed to discuss this with players 1st.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the NFLPA are prepared to go to battle over this.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...cy-on-kneeling

They are claiming if its not in the CBA they will seek to challenge this and basically claims the NFL and its owners failed to discuss this with players 1st.

They are right, and this might be a tactic by the owners to get more concessions out of the players. They agree to come up with a new plan and consult if.....$$$$$$
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Okay, now I'm seeing the policy is if you're on the field you stand, but you can stay in the locker room if you want, and players who kneel result in the team being fined not the player

That's actually the ideal policy, so good on the NFL on this one

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-anthem-policy
    It'll cause friction in the locker room between pro and anti-kneel players. Everything about the rule is bad.
    "I rhyme with tyre
    And cause pollution
    I think you'll find
    It's the best solution

What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    It'll cause friction in the locker room between pro and anti-kneel players. Everything about the rule is bad.
    How is that different than now? If the kneeling was or wasn't causing locker room problems on the sideline I don't see how moving it to the locker room would change anything.

I'm still chuckling about the story out about Nick Foles asking to remain in Philly as backup rather than start in Cleveland.

Wisest choice he'll ever make.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm still chuckling about the story out about Nick Foles asking to remain in Philly as backup rather than start in Cleveland.

Yeah that is funny. Also its kinda funny that Dorsey had his chance to get Alex Smith in the trade. The Chiefs contacted him 1st and the Chiefs would have gotten better draft choice (a 2nd round pick) for him. But the one issue Dorsey had was giving Smith a long term contract and big guaranteed money. KC and Reid wanted to do right by Smith as they wanted him to have a new deal with a team they traded him to. Washington stepped up and said , hey we will do it. (KC got a 3rd and a CB to replace Marcus Peters basically)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They are right, and this might be a tactic by the owners to get more concessions out of the players. They agree to come up with a new plan and consult if.....$$$$$$
    And Concession Number One....THE EIGHTEEN GAME SCHEDULE! You just know that’s at the very top of the owners’ wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Agreed. Unlike Lucifer, Foles chose to serve in heaven (Philly) rather than rule in hell (Cleveland).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Concession Number One....THE EIGHTEEN GAME SCHEDULE! You just know that’s at the very top of the owners’ wish list.

Absolutely, so what if it shortens the players careers and/or lives.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. Unlike Lucifer, Foles chose to serve in heaven (Philly) rather than rule in hell (Cleveland).
    Well I'm sure a big reason beyond Cleveland being a QB graveyard since 1999 is the fact Foles likely knew he'd be done like how the Rams did. He'd be told , your gonna be THE GUY and once he was there and told how they'd extend his deal after 2018 , well he'd watch them draft Baker Mayfield and he'd be like...WTF ? So he knew that was likely gonna play out how Goff was drafted the year after the Rams told him he was gonna be THE GUY .