Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
  1. #16
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Story was alright, but it got weird in the end, that Ernesto guy kept the buttler behind as some backup plan to explode the statue instead of just giving him another detonator, and then said buttler was gonna explode the statue when Ernesto and the others weren't far enough, and then Spidey tells Montana to stop Ernesto from pressing the detonator instead of doing it himself? What the fuck?

    Also wonder why the Enforcers thought that Ned melted, would be pretty dumb of them to just assume he did, unless Ned did the same thing as Ben and Otto.

    Also, I couldn't resist:


  2. #17
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    907

    Default

    This back up story seems better than most of Slott's issues

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    This back up story seems better than most of Slott's issues
    Burn

    LMAO, I could not resist.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Story was alright, but it got weird in the end, that Ernesto guy kept the buttler behind as some backup plan to explode the statue instead of just giving him another detonator, and then said buttler was gonna explode the statue when Ernesto and the others weren't far enough, and then Spidey tells Montana to stop Ernesto from pressing the detonator instead of doing it himself? What the fuck?

    Also wonder why the Enforcers thought that Ned melted, would be pretty dumb of them to just assume he did, unless Ned did the same thing as Ben and Otto.

    Also, I couldn't resist:

    Better question: What has been written to make readers of Amazing Spider-Man comics care? Seems like every effort has been made to make readers move on from this pairing for about 10 years now. If you want to tease readers about it, maybe it would be good to write stories that actually get fans invested in this pairing again?

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    If you want to tease readers about it, maybe it would be good to write stories that actually get fans invested in this pairing again?
    Isn't that precisely what Renew Your Vows has been doing for the last three years?

    And what the newspaper strip has been doing for TEN?

  6. #21
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Isn't that precisely what Renew Your Vows has been doing for the last three years?

    And what the newspaper strip has been doing for TEN?
    Im talking about in the core comics. Amazing Spider-Man readers are not necessarily Renew Your Vows readers.

    Im just saying its an odd strategy to make readers about as emotionally unattached to Peter x MJ as possible in the core comics and THEN tease them being reunited.

  7. #22
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Better question: What has been written to make readers of Amazing Spider-Man comics care? Seems like every effort has been made to make readers move on from this pairing for about 10 years now. If you want to tease readers about it, maybe it would be good to write stories that actually get fans invested in this pairing again?
    Good point, if someone started on Slott's run and didn't check much else from the past, with how MJ is portrayed, there isn't much hype for Peter and MJ being reunited, and for old fans, similar issue because of MJ's characterization and how Marvel tried to keep them apart as you mentioned, plus them getting back together has been baited before, so even if there was build up, not much to hype for 'cause of the very possible bait, and if they do get back together, then there isn't much satisfaction 'cause of the lack of build up, seems like we're getting some half assed story between Peter and MJ regardless.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Good point, if someone started on Slott's run and didn't check much else from the past, with how MJ is portrayed, there isn't much hype for Peter and MJ being reunited, and for old fans, similar issue because of MJ's characterization and how Marvel tried to keep them apart as you mentioned, plus them getting back together has been baited before, so even if there was build up, not much to hype for 'cause of the very possible bait, and if they do get back together, then there isn't much satisfaction 'cause of the lack of build up, seems like we're getting some half assed story between Peter and MJ regardless.
    I am doubtful of anyone who has only read slott's run and didn't bother to look at any other spider-man media which did feature Mary Jane. And Marvel is definitely aware there are many fans that would be interested in a peter and MJ reunion.

  9. #24
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I am doubtful of anyone who has only read slott's run and didn't bother to look at any other spider-man media which did feature Mary Jane. And Marvel is definitely aware there are many fans that would be interested in a peter and MJ reunion.
    It depends, it's pretty possible for someone to have watched a cartoon that doesn't show MJ much, or just not remember much about her, but in any case, the point is that this reunion, if it happens, it likely to feel forced.

    And of course Marvel knows fans want them back together, it's why they bother with dumbass baits to begin with lol.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It depends, it's pretty possible for someone to have watched a cartoon that doesn't show MJ much, or just not remember much about her, but in any case, the point is that this reunion, if it happens, it likely to feel forced.

    And of course Marvel knows fans want them back together, it's why they bother with dumbass baits to begin with lol.
    And publish comic strips and books featuring them married to keep the spark of hope alive.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    This back up story seems better than most of Slott's issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Burn

    LMAO, I could not resist.
    I agree with this.

  12. #27
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And publish comic strips and books featuring them married to keep the spark of hope alive.
    Hope is a double edged sword. I want the marriage back as much as any Spider-man reader who remembers and loves it does...but i want it done right and a single issue ain't going to cut it, it would be a disservice to those who have hoped for its return as well as for the characters. No i don't believe for a second Slott suddenly decided to go out on a bang and bring it back (in other words pulling a Bendis), his final issues have been lacking as far as Peter's personal life goes but this is just my opinion though.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And publish comic strips and books featuring them married to keep the spark of hope alive.
    I wouldn't bother hoping.
    As long as Quesada regime is intact, marriage will never come back.
    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.

    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I wouldn't bother hoping.
    As long as Quesada regime is intact, marriage will never come back.
    People keep saying that, but from what I keep seeing, it never really left, all while Quesada's had power.

    You lot really should stop depending on 616 as the end-all/be-all.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-15-2018 at 03:00 AM.

  15. #30
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,625

    Default

    I wonder if this Ned will be treated as the real one or a clone going forward. I know that a lot of people dismissed the characters brought back in Clone Conspiracy as clones, but I thought since (IIRC) they were reanimated using cloning to build around and revitalize their bodies, then it could count as the real them. Also, Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider confirmed that he is the same Ben because he has the same soul, which I think should apply to the others as well.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •