Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    498

    Default Shouldn't Hestia be her main patron?

    Just a random thought. The lasso is one of the most commonly associated objects with Diana. Thanks in part to the movie, more people know that it has some relation to the goddess Hestia. Knowing this, wouldn't it make sense for Hestia to be more of a significant figure in her life? Has there ever been a time when she played a noteworthy role, and why isn't she used more?

  2. #2

    Default

    I always thought Athena and Artemis would have made more sense because they both sworn off men and focused more on sisterhood.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Well, the thing is there are multiple Gods they have helped in the Amazon's creation. I mean she can have more than one Parton. Well in the myths she didn't go on many adventures and stayed at home. Well, Hestia is generally associated with protection. She is also more of a domestic god. Hestia never had and sear an oath off to men. One thing interesting is if you want her to be a bigger impact she is also the goddess of architecture. Athena is the goddess of civilization. So maybe the two helped create the country that the Amazons were from before they left to Paradise Island. Hestia also helped created the shield that hides the Island since she does deem the Amazons her family
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I always thought Athena and Artemis would have made more sense because they both sworn off men and focused more on sisterhood.
    Especially Artemis, considering that she and Diana are Greek/Roman equivalents. But still...no Hestia at all?

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Especially Artemis, considering that she and Diana are Greek/Roman equivalents. But still...no Hestia at all?
    She is a domestic god.Her status is more of the house them any of the other gods. So you could see her as the goddess of protection but she hasn't be used anymore because she doesn't do much in the myths. You can change that but how? You can do the architecture as her main thing. The Goddess of Protection and Architecture. She is a virgin to but she never well on adventure simply stated at home on Olympus. It would be interesting to see what they did with her but what could you do? She was all about state and home affairs but then you have that also being Athena's role of state affairs. she also gives up her title as one of the main Olympics. So maybe play on that
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-11-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  6. #6
    Fantastic Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She is a domestic god.Her status is more of the house them any of the other gods. So you could see her as the goddess of protection but she hasn't be used anymore because she doesn't do much in the myths. You can change that but how? You can do the architecture as her main thing. The Goddess of Protection and Architecture. She is a virgin to but she never well on adventure simply stated at home on Olympus. It would be interesting to see what they did with her but what could you do? She was all about state and home affairs but then you have that also being Athena's role of state affairs. she also gives up her title as one of the main Olympics. So maybe play on that
    I read in some places that she is sometimes left off the main 12 roster of Olympians in favor of Dionysus. She's the goddess of the hearth, so...fire places, candles, fires at town/city squares...It seems she didn't have as many followers or rituals as the others but still...couldn't something be done with that? Maybe contrast her with Dionysus.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I read in some places that she is sometimes left off the main 12 roster of Olympians in favor of Dionysus. She's the goddess of the hearth, so...fire places, candles, fires at town/city squares...It seems she didn't have as many followers or rituals as the others but still...couldn't something be done with that? Maybe contrast her with Dionysus.
    Maybe due to what happened with Ares in Wonder Woman before he was poisoned. Maybe something like she becomes the goddess of fire, protection. Not only literally fire but the fire that loves and protection beings. Also, architecture goddess too. Something that could have happened in which she becomes more agressive.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Especially Artemis, considering that she and Diana are Greek/Roman equivalents. But still...no Hestia at all?
    Well Hestia is more obscure and part of the reason why Zeus was chosen as her dad is because people know him. Optics do matter.

    I'd still choose Athena as Diana's personal favorite because she has qualities a young Diana would be interested in.

    That doesn't mean Hestia can't be involved in the Amazon's way of life. I imagined most of the goddesses had a stake in building Paradise Island and the Amazon's way of life even if a few moved on to other ventures.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-11-2018 at 06:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    She is the goddess of family and protection. She could be the goddess who hide the Island but the other goddesses helped in adding with more protection of their own. She can be one of the many goddesses with the lasso. There have been multiple origins with the lasso. I mean why not have the lasso be from Athena and Hestia empowered it by the fire of protection and Athena for the truth
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •