Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,736

    Default Jumanji has surpassed every superhero movie in 2017 at BO

    No one saw this coming.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,116

    Default

    Guess that happens when there's no other decent movies out the entire month, lol.

  3. #3
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Guess that happens when there's no other decent movies out the entire month, lol.
    I doubt this is true . There have been movies. They just haven't been able to stop this film. Also this past weekend saw Peter Rabbit and 50 Shades #3 arrive to finally send the film down after weeks at #1. Before this the 3rd sequel to Maze Runner , The Shape of Water and The Post arrived. Its just none of them could dethrone the Rock.

    Also here is an interesting thing , Jumanji in a few days will become Sony's #2 all-time domestic earning film. Its only $8 million from passing Spider-Man 2 for that. (Its doubtful it gets #1 ...it would ne 40+ million domestically to do that).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Soubhagya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    It outperformed all of them! Great. It was totally unexpected. Sony would be foolish to not greenlit a sequel.

  5. #5
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    It outperformed all of them! Great. It was totally unexpected. Sony would be foolish to not greenlit a sequel.
    Ironically, the sequel might not do as well because now, there will be high expectations.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  6. #6
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Ironically, the sequel might not do as well because now, there will be high expectations.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

    As brought up in a thread , this was a film Sony really didn't have huge hopes for lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,056

    Default

    Could be a combination of timing (Christmas holidays so a natural place for family films), nostalgia for the original film and a other family films not being as appealing for families.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    454

    Default

    congrats to the movie, a proven fine combat against the comic book fatigue.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    As of February 11, 2018, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle has grossed $365.7 million in the United States and Canada and $516.1 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $881.8 million.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    It's a Rock solid movie.

    (sorry)
    "Help us George Lucas, you're our only hope"

  11. #11
    Mighty Member RikWriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    congrats to the movie, a proven fine combat against the comic book fatigue.
    That doesn't exist.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    *blink* Huh. I'm getting curious now about all this success.

    Is it really worth watching?

    It doesn't sound all that much like the previous Jumanji film at all (which is perhaps to its advantage).

  13. #13
    Mighty Member RikWriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    *blink* Huh. I'm getting curious now about all this success.

    Is it really worth watching?

    It doesn't sound all that much like the previous Jumanji film at all (which is perhaps to its advantage).
    It was fun. Not an Oscar candidate or anything, just dumb fun.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    congrats to the movie, a proven fine combat against the comic book fatigue.
    That's kind of a disservice to Jumanji. Fighting a non-existent opponent is kind of a troubling thought, generally.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  15. #15
    Pretty Bird Bukdiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I doubt this is true . There have been movies. They just haven't been able to stop this film. Also this past weekend saw Peter Rabbit and 50 Shades #3 arrive to finally send the film down after weeks at #1. Before this the 3rd sequel to Maze Runner , The Shape of Water and The Post arrived. Its just none of them could dethrone the Rock.

    Also here is an interesting thing , Jumanji in a few days will become Sony's #2 all-time domestic earning film. Its only $8 million from passing Spider-Man 2 for that. (Its doubtful it gets #1 ...it would ne 40+ million domestically to do that).
    While up for Oscar nominations, they are very niche movies that barely anyone would watch. The Shape of Water was dope as fuck though!
    Life is too short to waste on bad movies/TV/books/music.

    "A lot of people have asked me why I don't use my canary cry when I'm fighting. It's my training. Everything I've learned, everything I've worked for as a martial artist...is about what you can do with your bare hands and your heart. It's like bringing a bazooka to a boxing match." - Black Canary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •