Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Earth2Carnifex View Post
    Who knows a Star Sapphire/Black Canary spin off series might be interesting as well.
    If they can give Star Sapphire some distinctive and useful powers, I would be all for this!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Star Sapphire solo with Carol.
    Green Lantern starring Hal. Coast City adventures, he would stay on earth.
    John as the GLC liason with the JL
    Guy, Simon, Kilowogg and Jessica would be the GLC Honor Guard and would travel from sector to sector.
    Kyle would become Ion again, and maybe work with the Titans.

Ideally I would have Jessica become Power Ring again and not be an official GL member.

People forget that the GLC are basically space cops. Why are they fighting Zod right now? Shouldn’t they be solving space crimes? Stopping murderers, busting bank robbers, stopping space cartels, etc. There’s a beauty in simplifying things in comics, a medium where going balls out is the norm. Let them be detectives and crisis responders and other stuff. Each Sector is basically a “beat” anyways.

As for cast change ups, just do what I mentioned in another thread a while ago. Rotate the Earth Lanterns around. Put Simon in Hal&Pals and move Guy to Green Lanterns. Then after about a year of that, move Jessica to Hal&Pals and put Kyle in Green Lanterns, and so on and so forth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    If they can give Star Sapphire some distinctive and useful powers, I would be all for this!
    On the Emotional Spectrum they're opposite the Reds, who have visions in pools of blood. Carol foresaw Kyle training in the different emotions, so if she can predict the future that has story potential as long as it isn't as horribly mishandled as the concept was in Marvel's Civil War II. Plus if the Star Sapphire powers also include reading compatibility, that's another way to get stories. Carol Ferris, Matchmaker from the stars.

Incredible Member

I would more heavily emphasise the imagery, themes, and story tropes related to police / armed forces.

-Get a writer who excels with crime fiction like Ed Brubaker or Azzarello, and an artist like Sean Murphy.
    -More chases, interrogations, evidence collection, robberies, hostage situations, etc.
    -Storylines with undercover GLs, corrupt GLc on the enemy's payroll, etc
    -Explore themes of racial profiling, the use of violence, abuse of power, etc.
    -Have power batteries drain a lot quicker with GLs constantly checking their power levels to ratchet up the tension when GLs are caught in a firefight.
    -Less tensionless lantern vs lantern fights (take a long break from the other corps).
    -Less overuse of the color green.

Two books seems like enough.
    -GLC, with John, Guy, etc.
    -And I'd move Hal over to the GLs book to oversee his trainees. Include Kilowog as well. Maybe have them off a special mission in another region of the universe, away from the corps.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; Yesterday at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    People forget that the GLC are basically space cops. Why are they fighting Zod right now? Shouldn’t they be solving space crimes? Stopping murderers, busting bank robbers, stopping space cartels, etc. There’s a beauty in simplifying things in comics, a medium where going balls out is the norm. Let them be detectives and crisis responders and other stuff. Each Sector is basically a “beat” anyways.
    I think they're fighting Zod because they're space cops. They believe (or, until moments ago, believed) that he conquered a planet of innocent natives through the use of force. He's also an escapee from the Phantom Zone who has committed numerous violent crimes in a variety of jurisdictions (going all the way back to his homeworld of Krypton), and is considered likely to do so again.

Why I don't understand is why they're not apprehending Lobo and locking him in a sciencell, instead of just nodding their heads agreeably while the remorseless sociopathic genocidal murderer serves on Batman's spin-off Justice League team. (Yeah, that's justice for ya!)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

-- The property isn't selling.

-- Two space-based Green Lantern titles won't sell. One has to be based on Earth. Hal is the obvious choice to base on Earth because he has the history here.

-- Six Earth Lanterns is at least two too many.

If you recognize that, then what to do with the original four is easy to figure out.

Incredible Member

As many has pointed out the Green Lantern titles are not the only book floating in the 20,000.

And as much as you want it to happen despite many objections getting rid of Simon and Jessica won’t solve anything.