Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 120
  1. #1
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,948

    Default Flash #40 *SPOILERS*

    Well played DC, well played.

    This is either some next-level trolling of Wally West fans, or a return to form for the character after many, many years in limbo, followed by another couple of being a shell of his former self.

    Whatever comes next, I am on board.

    While it's highly unlikely that Barry will never be The Flash again, restoring Wally as the main Flash for however long it lasts is certainly something I am interested in seeing explored since we never really got to see Wally be The Flash while Barry is alive.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    I haven't read the issue but based on the solicit for this issue it did strongly imply it so I'm not entirely surprised about it. Although I'm glad they actually did do it.

    But this is not going to last long at all. I'll be surprised if it lasts longer than an issue or two.

    Definitely not going to last. Not just because DC have tried to shove Wally in the background as much as they could but because they are not going to take all the spotlight off of Barry. Not happening.

    But it's still nice to see . And confirmation from you that it happens has got me more hyped to grab this today . Thanks.

  3. #3
    Always Rakzo
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    This was once again really good. Williamson knows how to portray Grodd's powerful presence and escalates the fight perfectly to the surprising end that many people will love I'm sure.

    Great art as well. Still one the best DC series currently.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was once again really good. Williamson knows how to portray Grodd's powerful presence and escalates the fight perfectly to the surprising end that many people will love I'm sure.

    Great art as well. Still one the best DC series currently.
    Solid issue. Grodd is a powerful villain and it shows here. Grodd + Speed Force is terrifying. His torment of Barry, saying he's nothing without his powers, he's just the kid that failed to save his mom and free his dad, really hit home. I'm Team Barry, in terms of my favorite Flash, but the ending was really cool.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Well played DC, well played.

    This is either some next-level trolling of Wally West fans, or a return to form for the character after many, many years in limbo, followed by another couple of being a shell of his former self.

    Whatever comes next, I am on board.

    While it's highly unlikely that Barry will never be The Flash again, restoring Wally as the main Flash for however long it lasts is certainly something I am interested in seeing explored since we never really got to see Wally be The Flash while Barry is alive.
    Oh, it's not even going to last the full arc. This is Barry's book - this is just a way of [re]introducing OG Wally to the supporting cast (like Kid Wally already has been part of since the start of the volume) with a bang. If Barry didn't get his powers back in short order, there couldn't be a "Flash War", for cripes' sake!

    Like what Williamson does with Wally or loathe it, just don't get your hopes up expecting something this isn't even pretended to be.

  6. #6
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,814

    Default

    We've still got FLASH WAR coming up, so Barry's present predicament is temporary, but Wally has the book for the moment.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  7. #7
    Not a member BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    On the week of my birthday!

    Oh, DC, how did you know? :P
    Conner Kent flies. Connor Hawke has a bow. Get it right, people!

  8. #8
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

    While it's highly unlikely that Barry will never be The Flash again, restoring Wally as the main Flash for however long it lasts is certainly something I am interested in seeing explored since we never really got to see Wally be The Flash while Barry is alive.
    I wonder if this story is connected to FLASH WAR in any way.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  9. #9
    Incredible Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder if this story is connected to FLASH WAR in any way.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    They said it was a prelude to Flash War.

    Probably because re introducing Wally . And the solicit for the last issue says something about Wally not being happy about something Barry did regarding iris.

  10. #10
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    They said it was a prelude to Flash War.

    Probably because re introducing Wally . And the solicit for the last issue says something about Wally not being happy about something Barry did regarding iris.
    ...which for now, seems to be limited to not cluing Iris in that original Wally even exists.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder if this story is connected to FLASH WAR in any way.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I think so, at least as another prelude. Man, am I excited for Flash War.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

  12. #12
    Not a member BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Fun fact: At the current set-up, both Flash and Kid Flash have the exact same civilian name: Wallace Rudolph West.

    Fun fact numer 2: it's actually the second time this happens, we've had two Bartholomew Henry Allens in those positions as well.
    Conner Kent flies. Connor Hawke has a bow. Get it right, people!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Fun fact: At the current set-up, both Flash and Kid Flash have the exact same civilian name: Wallace Rudolph West.

    Fun fact numer 2: it's actually the second time this happens, we've had two Bartholomew Henry Allens in those positions as well.
    Man, that's crazy.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

  14. #14
    Psionic Superman stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,582

    Default

    Notice Barry was very specific about which city Wally is the flash of.

    I'm hoping Wally say something like "no I'm not,I have my own city I'm the flash of"
    #BRINGBACKKON

    -Don't mess with the S

    -Using the flawed genetic scan as a blueprint,and translating Superman's aura into tactile telekinesis,cadmus created the human super clone

    Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

  15. #15
    Fantastic Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    320

    Default

    I picked this up because of this thread. I grabbed Annual #1 as well the previous week. I have no interest in Barry (I do love the show) in the comics. Wally is my Flash, getting excited for Flash Wars.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •