Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,380

    Default Pre-COIE DC characters who never made the cross into Post-COIE

    In the thirty-three years that have passed since the publication of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, *most* of the characters who were a part of the Pre-COIE DC Multiverse have returned in some form or another to appear in the Post-COIE DCU. Which characters (not counting one-offs) have NEVER made the transition over?

    All I'm coming up with is King Kull, an old Marvel Family enemy from the Fawcett Comics days who made a number of appearances during the Pre-COIE Bronze Age after DC acquired Fawcett's properties and began publishing new adventures of the Marvels in the 1970s, but who hasn't been seen or heard from after COIE.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  2. #2
    Not a member BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    In the thirty-three years that have passed since the publication of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, *most* of the characters who were a part of the Pre-COIE DC Multiverse have returned in some form or another to appear in the Post-COIE DCU. Which characters (not counting one-offs) have NEVER made the transition over?

    All I'm coming up with is King Kull, an old Marvel Family enemy from the Fawcett Comics days who made a number of appearances during the Pre-COIE Bronze Age after DC acquired Fawcett's properties and began publishing new adventures of the Marvels in the 1970s, but who hasn't been seen or heard from after COIE.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I may be wrong, but I have a vague memory of seeing King Kull in the not so distant past. I may be mixing things up, though.

    Edit: and here we go. From Cry for Justice:

    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 02-14-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Conner Kent flies. Connor Hawke has a bow. Get it right, people!

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member Spiderboy12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Funny. I just reread the JLA-JSA-Earth-S crossover, from Justice League of America #135-137 a couple weeks ago (in trade form, Crisis on Multiple Earths v4). King Kull is the main supervillain behind the threats to three Earths.

    It's curious how even humor strip characters, like Sugar & Spike or Scribbly (in Convergence) have managed to find their way back, one way or another. Here's a couple, though, who I think have been absent since the Crisis:

    Binky Biggs (teen humor character; DC's Archie Andrews, kind of)

    Kong the Untamed (a caveboy in the manner of Anthro; he never appeared outside of his brief ongoing comic, which last 5 issues) (Edit: OK. Evidently he popped up in History of the DC Universe. But that's it.)
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 02-14-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Dark Nights: Metal, Doomsday Clock, Astro City, Batman: Creature of the Night, Descender, Royal City, Birthright, Saga, Black Hammer. Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, New Superman, Supergirl, Batman Beyond, Trinity, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Blue Beetle, Deathstroke, The Wildstorm, Spider-Man, Star Wars, Black Science, Invincible, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Has Doiby Dickles or any of those other odd Golden Age sidekicks every make it to the new reality?

    I read JSA and know Ma Hunkel made the interdimensional transition, but am unsure of some of those other characters.

    Edit: It looks like Doiby showed up in Young Justice for a story.

    I also don’t recall the Lieutenant Marvels showing up in the main Post-Crisis universe.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-14-2018 at 01:56 PM.

  5. #5
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Aside from Convergence, I'm pretty sure that the Golden Age Speedy never showed up again. Which is weird, since he wasn't explicitly killed during the Crisis. I think he's still out there...

    Human Cannonball never came back, I don't think.

    Peg Leg Portia?

    Wonder Tot?

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Has Doiby Dickles or any of those other odd Golden Age sidekicks every make it to the new reality?

    I read JSA and know Ma Hunkel made the interdimensional transition, but am unsure of some of those other characters.

    Edit: It looks like Doiby showed up in Young Justice for a story.

    I also don’t recall the Lieutenant Marvels showing up in the main Post-Crisis universe.
    I also remember an issue of Brubaker's Batman where Doiby showed up in a flashback.

  7. #7
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I may be wrong, but I have a vague memory of seeing King Kull in the not so distant past. I may be mixing things up, though.

    Edit: and here we go. From Cry for Justice:

    Whoa! There he is! His first and, to date, only Post-COIE appearance!

    I think I subconsciously blocked it out because it was from CRY FOR JUSTICE!

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  8. #8
    Sun of the Mourning Montressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Binky, if my memory serves me correctly, appeared in one panel of Morrison's Animal Man when Buddy found himself in the 60s while attempting time travel ( to bring his dead family back).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

    http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

  9. #9
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,859

    Default

    Cosmo, the Phantom of Disguise:



    Hey, I didn't say he deserved to have been seen post-COIE!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  10. #10
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also remember an issue of Brubaker's Batman where Doiby showed up in a flashback.
    He also appeared in the memorable issue Green Lantern #19 with Hal, Alan, John, and Guy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,372

    Default

    Have Yellow Peri or Moonbow appeared somewhere?
    Currently reading: Camelot 3000, Dreadstar, Omega Men, Robotech

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,698

    Default

    What about:


    Aquaman(Golden Age)
    Fausta(Golden Age Wonder Woman villain)
    Lightning Master(Golden Age Superman villain)
    Nuclear(Golden Age Wonder Woman & All-Star Squadron villain)
    Red Dragon(Golden Age Wonder Woman villain)
    Sizematic(Teen Titans villain)
    Xanadu(JSA villain)
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

  13. #13
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What about:


    Aquaman(Golden Age)
    Well, the list does not intend to include characters who have clearly reappeared as Post-COIE versions of their Pre-COIE selves. This list is more for those characters from Pre-COIE who haven't reappeared Post-COIE in any way, shape, or form.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  14. #14
    Incredible Member Kaijudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Have Yellow Peri or Moonbow appeared somewhere?
    Yellow Peri was one of pallbearers for Booster Gold in 52, I believe. And I'm pretty sure Moonbow showed up in a panel in Phil Jimenez's Wonder Woman run, during a storyline where Circe turned all men on the planet into animals.

    EDIT: Ah, found proof of at least one of those:

    YP.jpg
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-14-2018 at 06:57 PM.

  15. #15
    Incredible Member Lonewolf36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Has Lady Lunar appeared?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •