Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    Fantastic Member MosSuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Kind of hard to believe what he says about Mera at the end of this interview. Mera in this first issue spends too much time pining after Arthur. I know this only the first issue but it seems like she's only doing this to get back with Arthur. Maybe that might change in the next couple of issues and show that she really wants to help her people and there's more to her than wanting to be Aquaman's wife. I did like how how Mera was able to defeat Eel because she's a trained fighter but that's the only positive thing I can say about this Issue. Not how I wanted the first issue of her series to start.

  2. #17
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    188

    Default

    I really like Orm new 52, I'm glad to see him keep the story on the surface

  3. #18
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Kind of hard to believe what he says about Mera at the end of this interview. Mera in this first issue spends too much time pining after Arthur. I know this only the first issue but it seems like she's only doing this to get back with Arthur. Maybe that might change in the next couple of issues and show that she really wants to help her people and there's more to her than wanting to be Aquaman's wife. I did like how how Mera was able to defeat Eel because she's a trained fighter but that's the only positive thing I can say about this Issue. Not how I wanted the first issue of her series to start.
    Well he is basically her husband and she has no idea where he is. It only makes sense that he's front and center on her mind.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,211

    Default

    This book was nice. Mera's friendships with Tula and Wonder Woman were on point, and all the flashbacks to kind of give us "Mera's Backstory" were nice looks and revisits of the Silver Age. I was giddy to see Leron show up! Deep cuts.

    There's some nice stuff going on. A few similar pop culture things - some of her woes as a royal strike me as reminiscent of The Crown, for instance. And I'm pumped to see her be the Justice Leaguer while Aquaman does his mystery man thing below the waves. Nice to revisits a bunch of Geoff Johns stuff, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

  5. #20
    Fantastic Member MosSuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Well he is basically her husband and she has no idea where he is. It only makes sense that he's front and center on her mind.
    She doesn't? She tells Superman and Wonder Woman that Aquaman is down in Atlantis leading the revolt against Rath. I get him being on her mind but it's brought up too much for my tastes. Not so long ago we got something similar when she thought Arthur dead. Do we need him to be her only motivation? This doesn't really feel like Mera's own story if I'm being honest. Of course this is my opinion based on just one issue.

    I'll be reading the rest of the mini series but this issue did lower my expectations for it.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 03-01-2018 at 10:12 PM.

  6. #21
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    She doesn't? She tells Superman and Wonder Woman that Aquaman is down in Atlantis leading the revolt against Rath. I get him being on her mind but it's brought up too much for my tastes. Not so long ago we got something similar when she thought Arthur dead. Do we need him to be her only motivation? This doesn't really feel like Mera's own story if I'm being honest. Of course this is my opinion based on just one issue.

    I'll be reading the rest of the mini series but this issue did lower my expectations for it.
    Sure, he's down in Atlantis fighting Rath but that could mean lots of things and she's worried about him. She wants to depose of the tyrant king alongside him.

    I agree she 100% should have her own motivation and I'm very much on board for the solo, bold font, ADVENTURES OF MERA- but these are trying times for the true king and true queen of Atlantis.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    804

    Default

    i bought 2 issue's loved it.and hopefully in time a ongoing.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Mere Queen of Atlantis

    I only have issue 1 but good read so far. Too bad it can't come in at 2.99. Abnett must cost a bundle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •