Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1629
  1. #1606

    Default

    Looking forward to see how this goes for Parker and Morse.

  2. #1607
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Looking forward to see how this goes for Parker and Morse.
    In the meantime; both Parker/Spider-Man and Bobbi/Mockingbird were separately seen within SECRET EMPIRE #9

  3. #1608
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    This following ABANDONED LOVE Article also covers Bobbi's/Mockingbird's involvement within the GLA, via this Linkage below......

    When Did Hawkeye Quit the GLA....???

  4. #1609
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Bobbi will be in Secret Empire Omega.

  5. #1610
    Astonishing Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,909
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

    Commander Rogers: "Carol, I don't know where NATASHA and JESSICA disappeared to. I don't. We found their R.F.I.D. implants in El Paso..They'd been removed..and then they both just disappeared. Which, I shouldn't have to remind you, they are both trained to do. If they don't want to be found, and they're careful, they're not going to be found."

  6. #1611
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Hunter's back in Agents of SHIELD. It's a pity they haven't announced Bobbi's return too...

  7. #1612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hunter's back in Agents of SHIELD. It's a pity they haven't announced Bobbi's return too...
    Well, considering Palicki is on Seth McFarlane's sci-fi show, it's not likely she'll be showing up on AoS.

  8. #1613
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, considering Palicki is on Seth McFarlane's sci-fi show, it's not likely she'll be showing up on AoS.
    Its possible she could still turn up for a guest spot, but yeah, any sort of ongoing return isn't really possible right now due to actor unavailability.

    I still don't understand how/why that was allowed to happen in the first place. Their contracts should have had a clause in there that if the network passed on the pilot for MARVEL'S MOST WANTED the two of them would return to AOS rather than both of them simply being unemployed! After all, they were already series regulars and the plan was for them to stay as series regulars, just on a different show. I know that other shows in the past have had that sort of arrangement when a cast member was being given their own show on the same network. Cutting them loose when the pilot fell through was a mistake--and, imo, disrespectful to both Palicki and Blood who didn't deserve to lose their jobs.

  9. #1614
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    6,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its possible she could still turn up for a guest spot, but yeah, any sort of ongoing return isn't really possible right now due to actor unavailability.

    I still don't understand how/why that was allowed to happen in the first place. Their contracts should have had a clause in there that if the network passed on the pilot for MARVEL'S MOST WANTED the two of them would return to AOS rather than both of them simply being unemployed! After all, they were already series regulars and the plan was for them to stay as series regulars, just on a different show. I know that other shows in the past have had that sort of arrangement when a cast member was being given their own show on the same network. Cutting them loose when the pilot fell through was a mistake--and, imo, disrespectful to both Palicki and Blood who didn't deserve to lose their jobs.
    Honestly I feel like the AOS showrunners are pretty terrible for letting things go as they did. Idk about a contract or anything, they probably didn't thought that the show wasn't going to be picked up, but I feel like they should personally have the decency of inviting them back to AOS for season 4 after screwing them over like that. I guess they just don't really care about their characters? But if so, why were they even regulars for 2 seasons anyway? Well...

    I think in general the spinoff was a bad idea. With that premise, it would have like, half of AOS audience. They were on AOS for a long time so it would be hard to create a new audience for the show who had never watched AOS, specially cause they were actually promoting as a full AOS spinoff. It's really beyond me that they got it denied once(at the end of season 2) and then still tried to do it later. Almost like they wanted to get rid of them on AOS.

    I said that a million times, but I feel like if they tried to make it a Mockingbird solo show, with Hunter there as kind of her sidekick(look at Danny and Colleen on Iron Fist, she's always there fighting too, but he's clearly the main hero), promoting it as a female-led superhero show based on the comics, it would've had more chances of success. After Agent Carter was cancelled, it would be a good moment to make a show like that, and it would attract a bigger audience than just AOS fans. I mean, look at Luke Cage. He was on Jessica Jones, and was a pretty significant character there, but Netflix never promoted his show as "Jessica Jones spinoff" rather than just a superhero show from a comics superhero.

    I also think it was more than fine for Bobbi to be on a SHIELD show, she didn't exactly NEEDED to have her own thing. I mean, it would've been cool, and she would get more development, but I also think that would've happened on AOS if the writers didn't wrote her already thinking about what they would do on her future spinoff. She's been a SHIELD agent for a long time on the comics, being one of the only ones who sticked to it, so it was overall a good place for her. I was satisfied enough with that as her adaptation.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-08-2017 at 10:23 PM.

  10. #1615
    Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its possible she could still turn up for a guest spot, but yeah, any sort of ongoing return isn't really possible right now due to actor unavailability.

    I still don't understand how/why that was allowed to happen in the first place. Their contracts should have had a clause in there that if the network passed on the pilot for MARVEL'S MOST WANTED the two of them would return to AOS rather than both of them simply being unemployed! After all, they were already series regulars and the plan was for them to stay as series regulars, just on a different show. I know that other shows in the past have had that sort of arrangement when a cast member was being given their own show on the same network. Cutting them loose when the pilot fell through was a mistake--and, imo, disrespectful to both Palicki and Blood who didn't deserve to lose their jobs.
    Yeah, it was quite bizarre how Marvel Television/ABC dealt with their situation. It really felt unprofessional and while I feel sorry for Bobbi not returning, I don't blame Palicki at all for getting another job. Between that and that rushed Inhumans production, ABC really needs to get their shit together when it comes to Marvel programming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly I feel like the AOS showrunners are pretty terrible for letting things go as they did. Idk about a contract or anything, they probably didn't thought that the show wasn't going to be picked up, but I feel like they should personally have the decency of inviting them back to AOS for season 4 after screwing them over like that. I guess they just don't really care about their characters? But if so, why were they even regulars for 2 seasons anyway? Well...

    I think in general the spinoff was a bad idea. With that premise, it would have like, half of AOS audience. They were on AOS for a long time so it would be hard to create a new audience for the show who had never watched AOS, specially cause they were actually promoting as a full AOS spinoff. It's really beyond me that they got it denied once(at the end of season 2) and then still tried to do it later. Almost like they wanted to get rid of them on AOS.

    I said that a million times, but I feel like if they tried to make it a Mockingbird solo show, with Hunter there as kind of her sidekick(look at Danny and Colleen on Iron Fist, she's always there fighting too, but he's clearly the main hero), promoting it as a female-led superhero show based on the comics, it would've had more chances of success. After Agent Carter was cancelled, it would be a good moment to make a show like that, and it would attract a bigger audience than just AOS fans. I mean, look at Luke Cage. He was on Jessica Jones, and was a pretty significant character there, but Netflix never promoted his show as "Jessica Jones spinoff" rather than just a superhero show from a comics superhero.

    I also think it was more than fine for Bobbi to be on a SHIELD show, she didn't exactly NEEDED to have her own thing. I mean, it would've been cool, and she would get more development, but I also think that would've happened on AOS if the writers didn't wrote her already thinking about what they would do on her future spinoff. She's been a SHIELD agent for a long time on the comics, being one of the only ones who sticked to it, so it was overall a good place for her. I was satisfied enough with that as her adaptation.
    I agree with this 100%, specially the bolded. The other day, someone who works on ABC was even saying they were looking for another female-led TV show in the molds of ''Jessica Jones''. While a Mockingbird show on ABC would probably be less darker than that, I feel like Bobbi is the female AOS character who has the most potential for that, given her comic book history. If that were to happen, though, I think it'd be best to happen AFTER AOS is done, so the audience wouldn't feel like two spy shows are redundant and decide to not give the new one a chance. All of that assuming Palicki will be on board in working full-time with Marvel TV again, of course.

  11. #1616
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    6,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, it was quite bizarre how Marvel Television/ABC dealt with their situation. It really felt unprofessional and while I feel sorry for Bobbi not returning, I don't blame Palicki at all for getting another job. Between that and that rushed Inhumans production, ABC really needs to get their shit together when it comes to Marvel programming.



    I agree with this 100%, specially the bolded. The other day, someone who works on ABC was even saying they were looking for another female-led TV show in the molds of ''Jessica Jones''. While a Mockingbird show on ABC would probably be less darker than that, I feel like Bobbi is the female AOS character who has the most potential for that, given her comic book history. If that were to happen, though, I think it'd be best to happen AFTER AOS is done, so the audience wouldn't feel like two spy shows are redundant and decide to not give the new one a chance. All of that assuming Palicki will be on board in working full-time with Marvel TV again, of course.
    Oh, I didn't even thought about that. I guess she wouldn't really want to try another new show after what happened with Most Wanted. But I wonder if she would accept coming back to AOS if they asked her(assuming she wouldn't be starring on any show and that AOS is gonna last more than it probably will lol)... For a moment I thought if maybe the new ABC show they're talking about wasn't that, but I don't think they'd try it for the third time, what is a pity.

  12. #1617
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, considering Palicki is on Seth McFarlane's sci-fi show, it's not likely she'll be showing up on AoS.
    The Orville? Already finished filming, I hear.

  13. #1618
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    402

    Default

    She deserves a solo show and there's so much to do with her considering her history and potential. "Most Wanted" was always a very lacking hook and I don't think she should've had to share a show with Hunter.

  14. #1619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its possible she could still turn up for a guest spot, but yeah, any sort of ongoing return isn't really possible right now due to actor unavailability.

    I still don't understand how/why that was allowed to happen in the first place. Their contracts should have had a clause in there that if the network passed on the pilot for MARVEL'S MOST WANTED the two of them would return to AOS rather than both of them simply being unemployed! After all, they were already series regulars and the plan was for them to stay as series regulars, just on a different show. I know that other shows in the past have had that sort of arrangement when a cast member was being given their own show on the same network. Cutting them loose when the pilot fell through was a mistake--and, imo, disrespectful to both Palicki and Blood who didn't deserve to lose their jobs.
    And I had a theory about what happened with not bringing Hunter and Bobbi back. This is all theory, not fact but...

    I suspected they didn't get brought back after Most Wanted was turned down because they didn't have the money to do so. They started season three with 10 regulars in the cast and ended it with 6. To me, that says budget cuts. The ratings have never been great... there's a lot of financial and publicity incentive for Marvel/Disney/ABC to keep it on the air, but poor ratings may inspire them to dial back the upfront financial investment a bit. And again, theorizing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Palicki was one of the more expensive cast members. She's no megastar, but she did have a deeper/higher-profile resume than most of the cast, save for Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen (who have both been in the industry 15-20 years longer than her.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Orville? Already finished filming, I hear.
    They finished shooting the initial 13-episode order. As I understand it (and I could be wrong)... if Fox opts to pick up a back 9, then they'll be back in the studio. If the show bombs, well, Palicki will be suddenly free again (assuming she doesn't have other work on her plate that we don't know about).

    ... but yes, there are few tv things I want more than seeing Bobbi back on AoS. (And if Hunter comes back without her... I do wonder what the story will be.)

  15. #1620
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    402

    Default

    What in the hell at Bobbi and Clint ranking on this CBR Worst Marvel Couples list
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 09-10-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •