Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I agree that it's difficult, but not impossible. If any superhero has the backdrop and epic stories to try it with, it's Batman.

Part of me simply wants to drop us in a Gotham that's already formed and a few years into the Batman's activity, so we can have characters show up as the vigilantes the become instead of endless origin stories.
    Agreed that it's time for the superhero genre to stop its dependency of origin stories. But I believe story-wise, you can't do it both at the same time, that is introduce several long-term characters in the same movie and do it as a non-origin story. That way leads to the mess that was Suicide Squad. The first X-Men movie worked because it was the origin story of Wolverine within the X-Men. Or you can do something like the recent Spiderman movie. (Guardians of the Galaxy is sort of a special case here, but their early trailers were pure genius in how they introduced the characters.)

So you can do a solo Batgirl movie, where Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing, and some extra from Batman's rogue's gallery have short appearances. But those should be short, and be there to support Batgirl's story. This is especially true since the Bat family is not really a team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, in other words, Batgirl should be "fridged" (though not in that sense) / stuck on the sidelines until cinema-Batman can get his Bat-$#!t together?

Yeah, that's a good example of female empowerment.
    so when people make the argument that there should not be a nightwing movie until batverse is fixed should i start ranting about how there is an anti-romani propaganda and the people who make such arguments hate romani people??
    Yeah i don't know you sir but that was stupid

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    so when people make the argument that there should not be a nightwing movie until batverse is fixed should i start ranting about how there is an anti-romani propaganda and the people who make such arguments hate romani people??
    Yeah i don't know you sir but that was stupid
    The whole point of my argument was, if DC has already been planning a Batgirl movie, should it suddenly be shelved just because the last movie with Batman apparently was not as well received as the Nolan films? How many times have they redone Batman in the past? Why not focus on other characters while they retool the main Bat-tool? Can they only do a Batgirl or Robin/Nightwing movie after they get Batman straightened out AGAIN?

And besides, after Wonder Woman did so well, maybe featuring a female member of the Bat-family in a movie may grab the attention of more people.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 04-18-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I think because everyone knows Batman, everyone knows Gotham, everyone knows Jim gordon etc...The origin doesn't need to be a focal point of the movie, so the Batgirl is somewhat what an addition to what we already know. You can really get into the actual story rather than trying to establish everything. Plus Babs will be in the BoP movie so there's half the work done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I think because everyone knows Batman, everyone knows Gotham, everyone knows Jim gordon etc...The origin doesn't need to be a focal point of the movie, so the Batgirl is somewhat what an addition to what we already know. You can really get into the actual story rather than trying to establish everything. Plus Babs will be in the BoP movie so there's half the work done.
    One thing to remember about Batman movies: it's not like most people who would go to one have read endless comic book stories with his origin story revisited ad infinitum.

Since the first of the three Nolan Bat films came out back in 2005, that's over a decade ago. Likely audiences for any future Bat-movies might or might not have possibly have seen all three Nolan films, but may not have been as likely to have seen the ones with Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney as Batman. Those potential ticket buyers may not have watched Gotham on TV, either. They may not be as familiar with / as sick of the Bat-origin as many comic book readers would likely be if it was told yet again in another Bat-movie.