Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 357
  1. #196
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Bob/sentry and void are separate beings by the way.



    Sentry is a not a reality warper.
    Molecule man has been beaten by others less powerful then him,that does mean sentry was more powerful then him even at time.
    Molecule man was still more powerful.
    Sentry was not even a reality warper but molecular man was.
    Read below and what happen.
    Dark Avengers
    Sentry vs Molecule man


    Sentry's power is not reality warping.


    Anyway Molecule man was distracted in that fight.
    Sentry was not more powerful then Molecule man in dark avengers.
    Sentry is less powerful then thanos and blue marvel and has sentry/void he is less powerful than beyonder and galactus for example.
    Anyway that's all i have to say about that.
    Bye.
    Sentry said he could control molecules better than Molecule Man and he won the fight. So in the least, I'd say that gives him a nice edge over Blue Marvel, Hyperion, and Gladiator.

    As far as reality warping... the reason it seems like that is because he had the power to erase peoples memories, and he was somehow able to make physical evidence of his existence. The later could be accomplished if he somehow knew of every bit of physical existence in the world, but not the former. So if he's not a reality warper, in the least he's s telepath on top of being able to control molecules. But reality warper seems to explain it better.

  2. #197
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Less powerful than Thanos is a good laugh
    I came back to add/edited something and i saw this.
    You could check the last page.
    Sentry is less powerful then thanos and blue marvel and has sentry/void he is less powerful than beyonder and galactus for example.
    Bob/sentry and void are separate beings by the way.

  3. #198
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I came back to add/edited something and i saw this.
    You could check the last page.
    Sentry is less powerful then thanos and blue marvel and has sentry/void he is less powerful than beyonder and galactus for example.
    Bob/sentry and void are separate beings by the way.
    I did. You're just wrong about a lot of things. Here's the most complete collection of Sentry stuff (and why you're wrong) that I can find:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...espect_thread/

  4. #199
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I did. You're just wrong about a lot of things. Here's the most complete collection of Sentry stuff (and why you're wrong) that I can find:
    No,you are wrong.
    I am right.
    I seen those type of threads before and there is alot over exaggeration in those threads,taking things out of context,distorted info and incorrect info from posters.
    I go by what i read in comics for myself and officially marvel bio and abilities info and other bio and abilities info like marvel wiki etc.. if i have not read every story.
    I will it leave at that.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-10-2018 at 11:38 PM.

  5. #200
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sentry said he could control molecules better than Molecule Man and he won the fight. So in the least, I'd say that gives him a nice edge over Blue Marvel, Hyperion, and Gladiator.

    As far as reality warping... the reason it seems like that is because he had the power to erase peoples memories, and he was somehow able to make physical evidence of his existence. The later could be accomplished if he somehow knew of every bit of physical existence in the world, but not the former. So if he's not a reality warper, in the least he's s telepath on top of being able to control molecules. But reality warper seems to explain it better.
    No,sentry won because Molecule man was distracted.
    Molecule man at that time was still more powerful then sentry/void and sentry.
    The sentry /void would be more powerful then blue marvel.
    The sentry is more powerful then hyperion and gladiator but not blue marvel.
    He is not a reality warper.
    Jenkins said so as well.
    Anyway that's all i have to say.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-10-2018 at 05:40 AM.

  6. #201
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    No,you are wrong.
    I am right.
    I seen those type of threads before and there is alot over exaggeration in those threads,taking things out of context,distorted info and incorrect info from posters.
    I go by what i read in comics for myself and officially marvel bio and abilities info and other bio and abilities info like marvel wiki etc.. if i have not read every story.
    I will leave at that.
    Every claim is backed up by a comics link and citation. You're just declaring stuff, man.

    (That said, Thanos would still beat Bob... by virtue of being smart enough to never let it come to a physical confrontation with someone like him. He'd just wait until Bob was ready to die and help him. XD)
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-10-2018 at 05:46 AM.

  7. #202
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Take it to the rumbles board, folks.

    A character's power level is not indicative of whether or not they should have their own title.

  8. #203
    Notorious M.O.S. Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Less powerful than Thanos is a good laugh. I love it when people are like 'Sentry doesn't belong in the MU! Too overpowered!' followed by listing all the people that that they arbitrarily decide can beat him xD


    (Not necessarily here but I've seen it happen. xD)
    That's probably the most Superman-like he gets. Except that Sentry being well and above most other protagonists in power seems to be a core thing where Superman is a little casual.

    I've been very much out of Marvel for a while, but I did see some resurrected Sentry brutality in some comic a while back. I'd love to see Sentry heads and shoulders above most in this new comic, because he's not a straight forward protagonist like Superman so that kind of power would have a great balance.

  9. #204
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    No,sentry won because Molecule man was distracted.
    Molecule man at that time was still more powerful then sentry/void and sentry.
    The sentry /void would be more powerful then blue marvel.
    The sentry is more powerful then hyperion and gladiator but not blue marvel.
    He is not a reality warper.
    Jenkins said so as well.
    Anyway that's all i have to say.
    Bye.
    Sentry won because Molecule Man got his @$$ kicked. Just saying.

    1071548-1066614_darkavengers12016_super.jpg

  10. #205
    Amazing Member Enzeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    No,you are wrong.

    I seen those type of threads before and there is alot over exaggeration in those threads,taking things out of context,distorted info and incorrect info from posters.
    I take personal offense to that, because I'm the one, who has created the Sentry Respect threads. And I encourage everyone, who wants to know more about the Sentry to check them out. I put a lot of time and effort into creating them and my number one priority was always to leave personal bias aside and portray the Sentry in the right light, even if it meant to show the character during his weaker days.
    There certainly are respect threads out there, which take feats out of context and hype characters up more than they deserve it, because there is personal bias involved... But I can assure you that something like that is not the case in my Sentry Respect threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

    I go by what i read in comics for myself and officially marvel bio and abilities info and other bio and abilities info like marvel wiki etc.. if i have not read every story.
    I encourage you to read the stories for yourself. But the problem with that is, that often you'll not know what exactly is happening, because for a character like the Sentry prior established stuff matters a lot. So you'll easily be taking things out of context, like you're doing it right now in this very thread.
    However I would strongly recommend to stay away from fan made wikis, even if it's the Marvel wiki. Those can be edited by anyone and you'll -again- find biases from haters and fanboys in them. I've seen both sides of it in Sentry wikis and it's very unfortunate.
    If you want to learn about the Sentry, read my respect thread on the KM boards. Don't go to random wikis. Don't read parts of Sentry stories and pretend, that you've figured it all out... because you haven't.

    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/s...hreadid=606430

    That's the thread you want to go to. Not the one on Reddit, because the thread on Reddit was just a repost from my original thread by someone else, who hadn't updated it since.

  11. #206
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    I take personal offense to that, because I'm the one, who has created the Sentry Respect threads. And I encourage everyone, who wants to know more about the Sentry to check them out. I put a lot of time and effort into creating them and my number one priority was always to leave personal bias aside and portray the Sentry in the right light, even if it meant to show the character during his weaker days.
    There certainly are respect threads out there, which take feats out of context and hype characters up more than they deserve it, because there is personal bias involved... But I can assure you that something like that is not the case in my Sentry Respect threads.



    I encourage you to read the stories for yourself. But the problem with that is, that often you'll not know what exactly is happening, because for a character like the Sentry prior established stuff matters a lot. So you'll easily be taking things out of context, like you're doing it right now in this very thread.
    However I would strongly recommend to stay away from fan made wikis, even if it's the Marvel wiki. Those can be edited by anyone and you'll -again- find biases from haters and fanboys in them. I've seen both sides of it in Sentry wikis and it's very unfortunate.
    If you want to learn about the Sentry, read my respect thread on the KM boards. Don't go to random wikis. Don't read parts of Sentry stories and pretend, that you've figured it all out... because you haven't.

    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/s...hreadid=606430

    That's the thread you want to go to. Not the one on Reddit, because the thread on Reddit was just a repost from my original thread by someone else, who hadn't updated it since.
    Oy, Enz. Didn't see your post earlier linking the respect thread. I didn't realize that was your's! I just remember seeing it once before and thinking it was pretty complete.

    That was a ton of work!

  12. #207
    Fantastic Member Harsh Lesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    255

    Default

    At the end of the day, he was killed by a lightning bolt. Let’s not exaggerate his power levels.

  13. #208
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    At the end of the day, he was killed by a lightning bolt. Letís not exaggerate his power levels.
    Only because he wanted to be. Confirmed by Bendis, btw.

  14. #209
    Fantastic Member Harsh Lesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Only because he wanted to be. Confirmed by Bendis, btw.
    Whether he wanted to be killed or not, a lightning bolt was enough to do the job. There’s no way to spin that into a positive, especially given he was being empowered by the Void.

  15. #210
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Whether he wanted to be killed or not, a lightning bolt was enough to do the job. There’s no way to spin that into a positive, especially given he was being empowered by the Void.
    It is when, Seriously, the only reason it worked was because he wanted it to. Also, he isn't empowered by the Void. The Void is just Robert, not a more powerful version of him or anything.

    Check out Enzeru's link from earlier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •