Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 128
  1. #31
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,835

    Default

    Having the line be in main continuity would rather defeat the purpose. The point of this line is some more mature themes. Stuff that probably writers and readers alike would be relunctant to see in a main canon.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  2. #32
    Spectacular Member astro@work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    123

    Default

    I'm interested in both.

    Thrilled to see Jiminez back on a Wonder book. And hoping against hope that Diana's daughter is Lyta (with Steve as the father and not Bats, Supes, or -God forbid- Steppenwolf).

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,883

    Default

    I'm hoping the history of the Amazons is written in such a way that it can stand on its own while also being used as a possible explanation for the history of the Amazons in the Rebirth timeline, as we've only gotten snippets. But DeConnick may not want to be tied down with details like Themyscira being the prison for Ares, and Zeus being the father. In fact, that lion head Diana (or is it Hippolyta?) is holding makes me think we may be looking at another possible "Hercules is the dad" story. Why they didn't just go with him to begin with is beyond me. And the peacock feather obviously bring Hera to mind. Maybe she's the patron goddess in this version? I hope not- I kinda wish Aphrodite would consistently get the job.


    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just hope that Historia will avoid the numerous pitfalls where The Odyssey of the Amazons always fell into. It's got some great potential, and I hope it'll be awesome, but it can fail badly. As for Rucka's work... the premise seems to be there to allow him to do everything I hated in early Rebirth but harder, better, stronger. I hope whatever comes out of it, it'll never be canon.
    The premise of the story, set 20 years in the future and starring Diana's daughter, doesn't sound anything like what we saw in Rebirth.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Wonder Woman Historia sounds interesting. Who did the cover of the book?

  5. #35
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    571

    Default

    I'm excited. Diana has so few of these types of stories they collected her Elseworlds stories in the Justice League Elseworlds trade instead of giving her her own Elseworlds trade like Clark and Bruce do.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,092

    Default

    Question what happened to Hunter
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  7. #37
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    Love this. Hopefully DC is trying to make it up to us for the crappy Robinson run.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Woman Historia sounds interesting. Who did the cover of the book?
    Phil Jimenez, I believe it's just promotional art

  9. #39
    Mighty Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

    The premise of the story, set 20 years in the future and starring Diana's daughter, doesn't sound anything like what we saw in Rebirth.
    Well, since Rucka's the writer, I fully expect him to shit even more over the New 52, SM/WW, going full speed ahead toward Diana and Steve as the "iconic couple" (bleh) for the WW mythos and all that. Which I either hate or simply distate. Plus Rebirth made me hate Rucka's writing with a passion.

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, since Rucka's the writer, I fully expect him to shit even more over the New 52, SM/WW, going full speed ahead toward Diana and Steve as the "iconic couple" (bleh) for the WW mythos and all that. Which I either hate or simply distate. Plus Rebirth made me hate Rucka's writing with a passion.
    Well, Diana and Steve are already the iconic couple even without his involvement, and I don't see anything in the premise yet that lends itself to bashing the New 52. Seems counterproductive when this thing seems to be meant to be stand alone. He's written other things (including with this very character) than Rebirth.

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Phil Jimenez, I believe it's just promotional art
    Thanks, I didn't recognize his style. I've never seen a paint by Jimenez, just regular pencils+inks.

  12. #42
    Mighty Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well, Diana and Steve are already the iconic couple even without his involvement, and I don't see anything in the premise yet that lends itself to bashing the New 52. Seems counterproductive when this thing seems to be meant to be stand alone. He's written other things (including with this very character) than Rebirth.
    And Rebirth has forever tainted his name for me. I simply hate what he did so much, how disrespectful he was of everything which wasn't his work that I can't stand to read stories he wrote, even for characters I love like Batman.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Question what happened to Hunter
    A one off from a bad run on Justice League. I doubt we see him again. As he, and the others, were part of a "maybe" (unlikely) future timeline.

  14. #44
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    And Rebirth has forever tainted his name for me. I simply hate what he did so much, how disrespectful he was of everything which wasn't his work that I can't stand to read stories he wrote, even for characters I love like Batman.
    Interestingly, everything you say of Rucka is exactly why I hate Azzarrello's run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,883

    Default

    I'm really hoping the daughter in Rucka's story is Lyta Trevor and she goes by the Fury. From the sounds of things it's definitely a legacy tale, but I have no interest in a Wonder Woman II. But honoring her heritage as Diana's daughter and her connection to the Amazons by adopting her own superhero identity? I'm all in. Especially if it opens up the possibility of getting more ongoing adventures for her in her future timeline.

    I'm starting to re-read the Kindly Ones now, and while it is of course fantastic, I think story would have had even more "oomph" behind it if it was Lyta as Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor's daughter killing Dream rather than the daughter of some random heroine they made up for the post-Crisis status quo.

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Interestingly, everything you say of Rucka is exactly why I hate Azzarrello's run.
    I was gonna say the same thing. Throwing "dirt" on the Amazons to make them interesting, at least in that way, is kind of setting yourself up for a rebuttal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •