Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Also that cover art is shitty. Another thing Sabretooth should kick OML’s ass. It is supposed to be hard for 616 Wolverine to beat him. OML is supposed to be weaker than 616 Wolverine. This fight is the most exciting thing of the series. I would like the fight to take a whole issue.
    OML already kicked Creed's ass in Civil War II. Sabretooth is D-List fodder these days. He hasn't been treated as a threat that often, since 2003. Those days were mostly left behind after Tierri's Weapon X vol 2.

Pak's Sabretooth has been the worst case of it. He's gotten his ass kicked &/or mocked by everything in this book. He's shown to have the weakest Healing Factor. Not to mention OML kicking his ass in a sparring match, and Creed whining like a 5-year-old that he wasn't ready, then OML has to lecture him about how to fight.

Creed is the Meg Griffin / Squidward comedy relief in this, and not much else. I'm not expecting Pak to make him look good here either given how much of a punk he's gone out of his way to make Creed so far.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-08-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    OML already kicked Creed's ass in Civil War II. Sabretooth is D-List fodder these days. He hasn't been treated as a threat that often, since 2003. Those days were mostly left behind after Tierri's Weapon X vol 2.

Pak's Sabretooth has been the worst case of it. He's gotten his ass kicked &/or mocked by everything in this book. He's shown to have the weakest Healing Factor. Not to mention OML kicking his ass in a sparring match, and Creed whining like a 5-year-old that he wasn't ready, then OML has to lecture him about how to fight.

Creed is the Meg Griffin / Squidward comedy relief in this, and not much else. I'm not expecting Pak to make him look good here either given how much of a punk he's gone out of his way to make Creed so far.
    I didn’t read Civil War II. Pak has written something really good before Planet Hulk. I honestly can’t think of anything thing else he has done that has come close to that quality. I also haven’t like Sabretooth’s characterzation in Weapon X or Lady Deathstrike’s for that matter. It was good in Iron Fist though.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I didn’t read Civil War II. Pak has written something really good before Planet Hulk. I honestly can’t think of anything thing else he has done that has come close to that quality. I also haven’t like Sabretooth’s characterzation in Weapon X or Lady Deathstrike’s for that matter. It was good in Iron Fist though.
    I agreed 100%. I thought Brisson did a great Sabretooth in Iron Fist. Hell, I would be in Heaven if someone gave him a book where he could write Sabretooth for a while.

On the other hand, Pak's Sabretooth is so bad, I am embarrassed for the character.. Sabretooth is one of my favoite characters. But not in Weapon X, because it's not Creed. it's a dumbed-down parody of him.

She's basically been wallpaper who hangs out in the background & occasionally has lines. If you're not familiar with her, this book won't help you understand her. Not to mention Pak randomly classifying her as a mutant, rather than a cyborg. Pak says Deathstrike has some kind of big story coming in chapter 22.

This book's good if you just care about action / fights. If you want a solid or deep story with solid depth & development of the characters, then you will be disappointed.
    Who is Pak?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Who is Pak?
    The writer of this series, and all the Hulks. Greg Pak.

Or Greg Hack, as I know him. This series isn't his best work...He's as bad for these characters as Daniel Way was for Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Not big on the art for this one. The interior art is better than Pinna, but still not very good. The cover looks like two psychotic Christmas elves fighting over a set of steak knives.

Looks like a decent setup for a brawl though.
    Donít u dare disparage Pinna!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Don’t u dare disparage Pinna!
    I spent a year watching my favourite characters get depicted as leering, thin-lipped, million-toothed gargoyles with nine-foot fingers. I disparage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    No-Justice-League-Detroit-You-Ain't-The-X-Men-No-Matter-How-Much-You-Break-Dance.

I agreed 100%. I thought Brisson did a great Sabretooth in Iron Fist. Hell, I would be in Heaven if someone gave him a book where he could write Sabretooth for a while.

On the other hand, Pak's Sabretooth is so bad, I am embarrassed for the character.. Sabretooth is one of my favoite characters. But not in Weapon X, because it's not Creed. it's a dumbed-down parody of him.
    Frank Tieri would be good as well. Also Hulkverine is very stupid in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I spent a year watching my favourite characters get depicted as leering, thin-lipped, million-toothed gargoyles with nine-foot fingers. I disparage.

Seeing Logan and Creed using smart phones kinda bothers me a bit. I kinda figure those 2 would be old fashion(ly) stubborn to mess with current technology like my uncle does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Seeing Logan and Creed using smart phones kinda bothers me a bit. I kinda figure those 2 would be old fashion(ly) stubborn to mess with current technology like my uncle does.
    Well Pak also wrote that Creed uses twitter & has an online dating profile. This isn't new with him. Even though he made a point of noting Creed can't use a keyboard.

As I have said, Pak writes these characters pretty ooc, and it's best not to take stuff like this seriously. Because agreed. I can't imagine Logan or Creed using or having interest in social media or smart phones. Especially Creed using emojis. Seems Pak is trying to he "hip" & "fun(ny)", rather than thinking if stuff really fits with the characters he's writing.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-08-2018 at 10:48 PM.

I have a question about Lady Deathstrike? When was she resurrected and became a hero?
    "They NEED X-Men like me so they can go on their f*cking keyboards and make me bad guy... EMMA FROST"

Good preview. This is an underrated series that deserves more praise than it gets. It's worth reading, just to see Domino do what she does best and this preview highlights why.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

After the very good art of last arc, this one looks meh. I just don't care about the characters in this book in the way they are written. This is the "look to the beautiful images of claws and blood" book. And the images are not even that beautiful most of the time.

The writer of this series, and all the Hulks. Greg Pak.
    All the Hulks? Pak only writes Amadeus Cho (though it looks like that run is ending, handing full control of the character to Champions writer Jim Zub) and Weapon H. Banner's new book is by Ewing, who also created the new Red Hulk. She-Hulk was most recently by Mariko Tomaki.